Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 35 Morgan County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Moore agreed to a running clock beginning at the opening kickoff. Coach Moore is a class act, but what does it say about Morgan County’s head coach and the lack of confidence he has in his team. To me, you’re telling your team you’ve given up, before ever playing a down. I think it’s a slap in the face to the program. What do you think?
I'm pretty sure the head coach for Morgan started his 2 game suspension tonight. Not sure he was even allowed to attend. Morgan is down to 15 or 16 players I believe. They had 8 quit last week. Between the 14 or 15 who have quit and the 5 or 6 who are injured for the rest of the season they do struggle badly to compete. I agree with you though Cat Daddy. Doesn't send a good message to your team when you are asking for a running clock before the game even starts. Morgan is down more than I have ever seen them. I know they started the season with only 4 Seniors. 2 got hurt, and are out for the remainder. One of them in a scrimmage. The other one in game 3. I think their 8th grade team is 4-3 and 5th/6th grade team 7-1. So hopefully in a few years they will be more competetive.
So Breathitt County played Jenkins in an 8 man game, and now, they play a game with a running clock the entire game. Coach Moore sure seems like a class act. He took a few to the chin his first few years, and instead of going on a revenge tour and taking it out on any opponent on his schedule, he remains classy. Great job Coach Moore.
Has breathitt had a game this year that hasn't been a running clock? Definitely not preparing them for the playoffs.
The Morgan County team has 16+ players that are not playing due to injuries. Beating them by 60 would not do anyone any good. As far as the coach for Morgan he made the best out of a bad situation. The head coach is suspended for this game and the Middlesboro game next week. I have no problem with this move because he is trying to keep his kids mentally engaged and physically able. Getting beaten by 60 would have had the opposite impact I feel.
Not going to comment on the running clock situation. But I have my opinion.

Congrats Breathitt County.

As far as Morgan County, keep your heads up and keep grinding. Work hard, stay focused, block out all the negativity and better days are ahead.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Morgan County team has 16+ players that are not playing due to injuries. Beating them by 60 would not do anyone any good. As far as the coach for Morgan he made the best out of a bad situation. The head coach is suspended for this game and the Middlesboro game next week. I have no problem with this move because he is trying to keep his kids mentally engaged and physically able. Getting beaten by 60 would have had the opposite impact I feel.

We will have to agree to disagree, my friend. I personally would rather get beat by sixty, than have my coach begging for mercy before kickoff. What are you teaching your kids? As far as football, these young kids need all of the snaps/reps they can get. Their varsity could have got a lot of work in the second half. As a player, I wouldn’t have wanted anyone feeling sorry for me.
Congratulations to Bobcats!!!! Coach Moore And Bobcats get very little respect because of their schedule. We know the schedule is not as good of some other powerhouse teams in AA but I promise this team is a well oil machine. I promise when they do play a team in 3rd round of playoffs and beat snot out them I think people will get see what most Bobcats fans and coaches already know. This team is for real. Also they have not played O’Hara QB the last two weeks and honestly the backup Jaylen Turner looks really good . So that going be hard for team to prepare for two different QBs. Honestly at first year I didn’t buy into hype but these last 4 weeks have seen this bunch turn into a different team on a mission. They will turn some heads in playoffs. Also if you haven’t seen CA Collins play you need to come and watch. This type kid don’t come through mountains very often. Special Special player!!!