Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dock Tony Stewart POINTS!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why hasn't Tony Stewart been docked any points for saying "Bullshit" on National TV after he won the Brickyard race Sunday? They docked JR last year. So why not Stewart this year? I think that is "Bullshit"! JMO
OffTheHook Wrote:Why hasn't Tony Stewart been docked any points for saying "Bullshit" on National TV after he won the Brickyard race Sunday? They docked JR last year. So why not Stewart this year? I think that is "Bullshit"! JMO

I agree 100%!!!
I voted no, but because I thought it was bullshit that Jr got docked in the first place. It cracks me up that they place so much emphasis on stuff like that, but Chad Knaus can set an F16 under a Monte Carlo body, get busted cheating 70 times, and still have a job. I dont condone it (on television anyways), but its not much different than you see on regular television programming..
I so agree! And when these reporters come to talk to a driver most of the time after a wreck, that is what they are wanting 95% of the time! I mean, how else would you expect someone to react to wrecking or getting wrecked after they have so much pressure on them as it is! Saying a cussword on t.v. is ridiculous as NASCAR tries to preach too much emphasis about kids watching it and so on. If they feel that strongly about it, then get rid of your alcohol and liquor cars and sales at the track! NASCAR is becoming a joke, more and more every year IMO!
Dale JR point docking was crap but they done it and Tony should be docked.
just seen Tony was docked 25 points and joe gibbs was docked 25 points and fined 25,000.
yeah but man, that is complete bullshit though.. Brian France is such a pansy. Im not a Tony or a Jr fan, but dont dock somebody for petty crap like that, and to fine Gibbs 25k, is ridiculous..
rallo316 Wrote:just seen Tony was docked 25 points and joe gibbs was docked 25 points and fined 25,000.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah but man, that is complete bullshit though.. Brian France is such a pansy. Im not a Tony or a Jr fan, but dont dock somebody for petty crap like that, and to fine Gibbs 25k, is ridiculous..

Carefull TidesHoss, they might dock youi 25 posts for saying that word.

Smile :mad: Smile
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I so agree! And when these reporters come to talk to a driver most of the time after a wreck, that is what they are wanting 95% of the time! I mean, how else would you expect someone to react to wrecking or getting wrecked after they have so much pressure on them as it is! Saying a cussword on t.v. is ridiculous as NASCAR tries to preach too much emphasis about kids watching it and so on. If they feel that strongly about it, then get rid of your alcohol and liquor cars and sales at the track! NASCAR is becoming a joke, more and more every year IMO!

First...NASCAR always hands out penalties on Tuesdays...Keep that in mind for future incidents.

Second...NASCAR doesn't like to be made into a fool on national TV by a ballsy driver with a loud mouth like Stewart. Remember when he was saying NASCAR was "rigged" on Sirius radio earlier this year? Dale Jr. was given the same penalty before, so it stands and Tony knew what was coming and loves to stir the pot. It's making him more popular every race.

Saying BS doesn't make NASCAR money, alcohol and liquor do, just like cigarettes used to, so NASCAR will never make those kinds of changing you are asking for in terms of being family friendly.

Besides, the reporter, Dave Burns is an idiot. He was asking stupid questions like, "Are you going to climb the fence?" I honestly don't blame Stewart for saying "BS" to Burns.
I was lucky enough to be at the race. I have seen Tony win both times at Indy and it has been remarkable. Not only was that interview on national television, they had it blasting on the PA around the whole track. Needless to say, every Stewart fan loved it, and expected a penalty. Even Tony knew one was coming. All he had to say was he wanted to show he was having fun, and that was his way of showing it.
Tony was fined 25,000 not Joe Gibbs sorry about that.
yeah, now Im cool with NASCAR fining him, but I dont think he should be docked points. Which is what they should have done with Junior..but anyways
rallo316 Wrote:Tony was fined 25,000 not Joe Gibbs sorry about that.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah but man, that is complete bullshit though.. Brian France is such a pansy. Im not a Tony or a Jr fan, but dont dock somebody for petty crap like that, and to fine Gibbs 25k, is ridiculous..
ATTENTION:
In a recent announcement TIDESHOSS32 has been docked 25 poiints for the use of bullsh&* in a post.
However, TIDESHOSS32 was also awarded 50 BONUS points for calling Brian France a pansy.

Big Grin

BTW, I agree, there is no way Stewart or anyone else should be penalized points for a language violation but NASCAR set precedent a couple of years ago.
:theman: lol..that was great..yeah he is a pansy. He's nothing like his daddy, thats for sure..
FOX SPORTS Wrote:ATTENTION:
In a recent announcement TIDESHOSS32 has been docked 25 poiints for the use of bullsh&* in a post.
However, TIDESHOSS32 was also awarded 50 BONUS points for calling Brian France a pansy.

Big Grin

BTW, I agree, there is no way Stewart or anyone else should be penalized points for a language violation but NASCAR set precedent a couple of years ago.
I remember seeing Lake Speed and Morgan Shephard beating Ward Burton to a pulp in Rockingham. Ward afterwards said it was a miscommunication between Lake and Morgan with Ward. This was all caught on film and couldn't imagine if anything was brought to the attention to the "NEW" Frances...They would suspend all 3 for LIFE! That is the difference between now and then!
jammin' jamey Wrote:First...NASCAR always hands out penalties on Tuesdays...Keep that in mind for future incidents.

Second...NASCAR doesn't like to be made into a fool on national TV by a ballsy driver with a loud mouth like Stewart. Remember when he was saying NASCAR was "rigged" on Sirius radio earlier this year? Dale Jr. was given the same penalty before, so it stands and Tony knew what was coming and loves to stir the pot. It's making him more popular every race.

Saying BS doesn't make NASCAR money, alcohol and liquor do, just like cigarettes used to, so NASCAR will never make those kinds of changing you are asking for in terms of being family friendly.

Besides, the reporter, Dave Burns is an idiot. He was asking stupid questions like, "Are you going to climb the fence?" I honestly don't blame Stewart for saying "BS" to Burns.
LOL, so you are saying because Tony Stewart made a fool of television for saying BS? And saying BS doesn't hurt NASCAR, and if fans HONESTLY FELT THAT STRONGLY about it over saying BS, then HOW do THE FANS look past the LIQUOR and BEER is MY POINT! It might not make money for saying BS, but it SURE DOESN'T lose any of it either! It brings fans to watching interviews alot more often than not if there is heat between 2 drivers now doesn't it. So in that aspect, you could say that saying little things like BS could make NASCAR money, because PEOPLE in GENERAL watch for things like this! IT DRAWS ATTENTION MEANING RATINGS GO UP, MEANING MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN! And one more thing, I am not asking for changes and could care less if drivers had terets and cussed every breath or if they drunk shots of jack during interviews, saying a cussword and getting a $25,000 fine and docked 25 points is BS! Whether it is Tony, Dale or Jeremy Mayfield, lol!
no you got that wrong, Ward was beating THEM to a pulp. Nobody whips Ward. NOBODY!Cool
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I remember seeing Lake Speed and Morgan Shephard beating Ward Burton to a pulp in Rockingham. Ward afterwards said it was a miscommunication between Lake and Morgan with Ward. This was all caught on film and couldn't imagine if anything was brought to the attention to the "NEW" Frances...They would suspend all 3 for LIFE! That is the difference between now and then!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, so you are saying because Tony Stewart made a fool of television for saying BS? And saying BS doesn't hurt NASCAR, and if fans HONESTLY FELT THAT STRONGLY about it over saying BS, then HOW do THE FANS look past the LIQUOR and BEER is MY POINT! It might not make money for saying BS, but it SURE DOESN'T lose any of it either! It brings fans to watching interviews alot more often than not if there is heat between 2 drivers now doesn't it. So in that aspect, you could say that saying little things like BS could make NASCAR money, because PEOPLE in GENERAL watch for things like this! IT DRAWS ATTENTION MEANING RATINGS GO UP, MEANING MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN! And one more thing, I am not asking for changes and could care less if drivers had terets and cussed every breath or if they drunk shots of jack during interviews, saying a cussword and getting a $25,000 fine and docked 25 points is BS! Whether it is Tony, Dale or Jeremy Mayfield, lol!

You're missing my point. IMO, NASCAR doesn't want a loud mouth like Stewart saying BS just because he can on television because it makes NASCAR look like fools. New sponsors with deep pockets don't want to their products associated with individuals like Stewart. Not too long ago, when Stewart was really a hothead, Home Depot threatend to pull their sponsorship if I remember correctly. NASCAR isn't shooting for advertisers like Quaker State anymore, they want Sony and Microsoft on their cars.

And they could care less about family values - as you mentioned, they would have to answer to why they like Winston be their main sponsor for years and why they allow alcohol and liquor to be advertised if they truly cared about family values.

NASCAR had to fine/penalize Stewart because the bar was set with Junior a few years ago over the same thing.