Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 49 Lawrence County 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Panthers beating school of the lame. Woohoo!
dbcooper Wrote:On to the game...

Pikeville is a three phase team.

Their offense can spread you and beat you or run the ball with effectiveness. They aren’t a power team, so they do a good job designing chances for their athletes to make something happen in space.

Defensively, they are built on good reads and solid tackling. The first guy uses good technique and then is quickly joined by teammates.

On special teams their athletic ability and superior team speed really shows up. They have excellent return men in Hensley, Tinsley and Raines and their kicker has a field cannon for a leg.

Well coached, too. Good team.

LC actually improved from two weeks ago though it didn’t show early.

Again they gave a good team short fields repeatedly early and the Panthers took advantage.

But then they lined up in wishbone double TE and began to grind it and use an effective option game. They ran it well the final 3 quarters.

Good luck, Panthers. Keep your heads up, Bulldogs.

And I hope the idiot poster in this thread steps on a rake.

Excellent break down of this game. Lawrence spotted Pikeville 15 points before they even knew what happened. I liked Lawrence’s resilience though to keep playing and running that ball. #2 is a real player for them. Quick as a hiccup and makes great cuts!
Congrats Panthers on a good win. LC was no Belfry, Raceland, or Paintsville, and not to mention Mingo Central, and Bardstown but a good team non the less. All comes down to you play whoever is lined up across from you. Btw. Coach Mac, being the class act that he is put the youngens in at the start of the 4th qtr. LC, with their starters still in, managed another score to make it 49 - 26 final.
E's Army Wrote:Panthers beating school of the lame. Woohoo!

Between Pikeville being 6-0 (really 7-0, thanks for nothing, Jenkins) and Williamsburg taking another L, some people need a drink. Or a hug. Or something.

I love it. ‘Grats Panthers! Now, someone find out I Ralph Farley hacked E.
PHSForever Wrote:....

Between Pikeville being 6-0 (really 7-0, thanks for nothing, Jenkins) and Williamsburg taking another L, some people need a drink. Or a hug. Or something.

I love it. ‘Grats Panthers! Now, someone find out I Ralph Furley hacked E.

Confusednicker:
Way to go Panthers!
dbcooper Wrote:On to the game...

Pikeville is a three phase team.

Their offense can spread you and beat you or run the ball with effectiveness. They aren’t a power team, so they do a good job designing chances for their athletes to make something happen in space.

Defensively, they are built on good reads and solid tackling. The first guy uses good technique and then is quickly joined by teammates.

On special teams their athletic ability and superior team speed really shows up. They have excellent return men in Hensley, Tinsley and Raines and their kicker has a field cannon for a leg.

Well coached, too. Good team.

LC actually improved from two weeks ago though it didn’t show early.

Again they gave a good team short fields repeatedly early and the Panthers took advantage.

But then they lined up in wishbone double TE and began to grind it and use an effective option game. They ran it well the final 3 quarters.

Good luck, Panthers. Keep your heads up, Bulldogs.

And I hope the idiot poster in this thread steps on a rake.

Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Confusednicker: E usually isn't like this at all. Tonight he is either sniffing glue or someone has hijacked his account. Not a Pikeville fan either to be clear.
64SUR gave him too much bourbon and cigars.
Congratulations to the Panthers but still things to work on.
Lol. I didn’t think he was like that ordinarily, but right or wrong I called the pitch. Apologies if he’s been hacked.

Seriously, Panther fans... you folks have lots of great football ahead. Savor it and celebrate a special team. If a team is powerful enough to run it on them, they’re probably not gonna be quick enough to tackle them in space or in the kicking game.

Best of luck for a trophy season.
It was 22-0 with just over 4 minutes ran off the clock in the 1st quarter. I think Pikeville D will be fine. They just seemed kinda of comfortable and bored. It’s tough to get up for a game like this after coming off a huge win last week. Good luck to both teams going forward.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to the Panthers but still things to work on.

Congrats to the Mighty Panthers and my Ol Buddy Patriot1! Happy for you my friend.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Belfry beats pikeville easily with rbis Dixon playing. Common sense

We appreciate the kindness but no way anybody knows if that would have happened. Pikeville came to Pond Creek and beat Belfry. No excuses! That game is over and in the books. Could we have won with Dixon? I don't know and nobody else does either. Dixon is a huge part of our team on both sides of the ball. Could very well be our best player. But nobody can say "what would have happened".Let's just give the Panthers the credit they deserve and move on and hope they win out and atleast help the Pirates as far as the RPI goes and also win another one for the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. It's not fair to those kids from Pikeville, especially those seniors, to take anything away from that win they fought for and earned.
Congrats on the win. Pikeville can now enjoy their Fall break and bye week next week. Keep grinding and get everyone healthy for the Hazard game.
I miss home but don't miss seeing LC in the shape its in.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Belfry beats pikeville easily with rbis Dixon playing. Common sense

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we all would have Christmas everyday. Panthers won that game, time to move on. Glad to see Belfry win theirs last night, get healthy and roll through district, Pirates.

Now, the Panthers already had an outstanding RPI, Hazards win makes things a little interesting in 1A because Raceland doesn’t get much for beating Portsmouth last night, I’d like to see what moves happen to the RPI now. Season is more than half over, so the numbers should start (theoretically anyway) to smooth out and show if it’s going to need serious changes or just tweaking mathematically.
PHSForever Wrote:....

I love it. ‘Grats Panthers! Now, someone find out I Ralph Farley hacked E.
There was no hacking done by Ralph Furley.
^^^Pretty sure everyone already knew that Mr. Furley haha.
Ralph Furley Wrote:There was no hacking done by Ralph Furley.

Shame. You were close to joining Floppy Melons with an all time nickname too. Lol
Getting Pikeville and Belfry fans together is like getting the Republicans and Democrats together or the Hatfields and McCoys. Congrats Pikeville.
E's Army Wrote:Panthers beating school of the lame. Woohoo!

I thought that was last week? 😉
Westside Wrote:Getting Pikeville and Belfry fans together is like getting the Republicans and Democrats together or the Hatfields and McCoys. Congrats Pikeville.

Gotta go back to Mingo week.
The QB for Lawrence County is a great athlete. Put him on Belfry and he is 1st team all state.
jetpilot Wrote:You haven't moved on LOL!!!
More Belfry excuses and garbage on a Pikeville thread!!! I love it!!! YES!!!!

In all seriousness get a grip pal.

Jet, you and 55 are living in each other’s head rent free. Quit talking about a game that happened a week ago in this thread and move on.
Spud6 Wrote:Jet, you and 55 are living in each other’s head rent free. Quit talking about a game that happened a week ago in this thread and move on.

This is a Pikeville thread. Shouldn't you have already told. 55 that? I moved on last Friday.
jetpilot Wrote:

This is a Pikeville thread. Shouldn't you have already told. 55 that? I moved on last Friday.

No. 55 wrote one classy, nice post about that guy saying belfry would have won and if I could delete posts it would’ve been gone and would have been a non issue. But 55 wrote saying how you can’t say that and don’t take away from Pikevilles win. Then you had to chime in and say here’s a belfry fan making excuses in a pikeville thread.
Now children. Now we can cheer on belfry AND Pikeville to both have a championship run!! The way I see it anyway.
Westside Wrote:Getting Pikeville and Belfry fans together is like getting the Republicans and Democrats together or the Hatfields and McCoys. Congrats Pikeville.

I'm a Hatfield :biggrin:
VoR_58 Wrote:Now children. Now we can cheer on belfry AND Pikeville to both have a championship run!! The way I see it anyway.

They both definitely have a shot. I think all the ones arguing are cool as cool can get Smile
Pages: 1 2