Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lewis Co @ Powell Co 9-27-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both teams come into the first district game 0-5.

Lewis has been defeated by Bath Co 27-7, East Carter 49-0, West Carter 50-7, Nicholas Co 46-12, and Rowan Co 45-12.

Powell has been defeated by Montgomery Co 33-14, Estill Co 36-14, Bath Co 19-12, Prestonsburg 27-20, and Breathitt 56-6.

I know the last couple games for Powell have been rough and have had a couple starters out. Prestonsburg game Wasson was out, Charles went out, and Harmon went out. Not sure if anyone else did. In the Breathitt game, Wasson, Charles, and Harmon were out, again not sure if anyone else was. Those are 3 big players on Powell’s team who could have made a difference in the last couple games. IMO, we could have beat Prestonsburg with them all healthy, I feel like the Breathitt game wouldn’t have been such a blow out.

Both Powell and Lewis have played Bath Co. Lewis’s first game of the season and lost 27-7. It was Powell’s 3rd game and they lost 19-12.

I don’t know how healthy Lewis is and not sure if any players will be sitting this game out for Powell.

Thoughts?
I would say that Powell get their first win of the season at home. Both teams are equally bad IMO. Should be a "good" game as far as competitiveness goes.
Powell by 20
jumpshooter Wrote:I would say that Powell get their first win of the season at home. Both teams are equally bad IMO. Should be a "good" game as far as competitiveness goes.

Yeah I can’t disagree with that. I don’t care about the 5 losses so far. Just wish the Pirates would get healthy and get it together for district playoffs but not getting my hopes up yet.
Powell County 28
Lewis County 12
Powell by 12
Game Day!! Who will come out with their first win?
19-12 Powell. Lots of attitude on the field tonight. That’s all I got to say about that. Powell threw a pass and it was caught as the halftime buzzer went off. Just couple yards short of a TD. Powell will have the ball first in the 2nd half.
Lewis threw a pass in the endzone intercepted by Mullins and returned for a Pirate TD. 39-18 Powell with 8:24 left in the 4Q.
Mullins with another interception returned to the endzone. Called back for blocking the the back.