Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class 2A Rankings 9-23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Somerset
2. Mayfield
3. Lexington Christian
4. Breathitt County
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Beechwood
7. Newport
8. Caldwell County
9. Murray
10. Shelby Valley

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Middlesboro deserves to be in Top 10 after beating #9 Pineville in AP poll.
BellCo18 Wrote:Middlesboro deserves to be in Top 10 after beating #9 Pineville in AP poll.

Middlesboro is putting together a solid season and should be excited about the direction their heading, but I doubt they could compete with any of the teams in the top 10 yet.
1. Somerset - Clearly hasn't given any reason to be knocked off.
2. LCA - Battle tested and a hard nose football team coming off a huge win. Also one of if not the toughest schedule in 2a.
3. Mayfield - Lost to a decent 6a school although still has impressive wins. I expect the cardinals to win out this season not the strongest schedule.
4. Beechwood - One good win against a decent team in Corbin although not the beechies we are used to.
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Newport
7. Breathitt county
8. Caldwell County
9. Murray
10. Shelby Valley
After the First 4 i believe there could be any order. Heck throw Middlesboro in there. I don't think many would argue.
BellCo18 Wrote:Middlesboro deserves to be in Top 10 after beating #9 Pineville in AP poll.
They get there shot next game vs Breathitt Co.!!!! I do think Middlesboro is going in the right direction but I give them little chance vs Breathitt. I think Bobcats win by at least 4 tds.
I think you’ll have a definite answer on #1 and #2 when SHS and LCA play October 18th.
Eagle2009 Wrote:1. Somerset - Clearly hasn't given any reason to be knocked off.
2. LCA - Battle tested and a hard nose football team coming off a huge win. Also one of if not the toughest schedule in 2a.
3. Mayfield - Lost to a decent 6a school although still has impressive wins. I expect the cardinals to win out this season not the strongest schedule.
4. Beechwood - One good win against a decent team in Corbin although not the beechies we are used to.
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Newport
7. Breathitt county
8. Caldwell County
9. Murray
10. Shelby Valley
After the First 4 i believe there could be any order. Heck throw Middlesboro in there. I don't think many would argue.

Mayfield still has #3 team in 4a and #8 and #9 team in 2a left on schedule. However, I certainly think Caldwell is better than #8. Most of the pollsters are from the east and are not listening on that issue.
mysonis55 Wrote:Mayfield still has #3 team in 4a and #8 and #9 team in 2a left on schedule. However, I certainly think Caldwell is better than #8. Most of the pollsters are from the east and are not listening on that issue.

Blame it on the east Confusednicker: I voted mayfield #1
64SUR Wrote:Blame it on the east Confusednicker: I voted mayfield #1

That’s because you secretly love us.
mysonis55 Wrote:That’s because you secretly love us.

What I saw Friday night, Somerset is the real deal in 2A haven’t seen mayfield this year :truestory:
Somerset appears to be bad matchup for any 2A team with an average to good Defensive Line. It's gonna take something really special to stop those bulldozers up front.
Eagle2009 Wrote:1. Somerset - Clearly hasn't given any reason to be knocked off.
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Newport
7. Breathitt county
8. Caldwell County
9. Murray
10. Shelby Valley

Very nice analysis. I agree.