Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Casey County 48 McCreary Central 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
McCreary is very young. IMO. Casey is starting to adjust better to 3 back to back to back huge senior class graduations. Not your traditional "football factory", high-school where we are just able to reload every year. Rarely has Casey County had classes, back to back with 10+ seniors. In fact much of the norm for Casey is between 5 and 8 seniors. My quick observations, McCreary seems better coached this year, overall, but most of their speed seems to be young. Their QB isn't afraid to throw the ball, but his mechanics need some work. McCreary seems to have tight ends playing wide out...Again, as in the past 3 years, not much defense from the Raiders. However, for them, I could see some success for them next year, and then the next. They do have some talent that my old eyes could see. Just got to get them to grow up, coached up, and there could be some winning down there. No more "optional practices". I'd tell the superintendent to kick rocks.
smoke1015 Wrote:McCreary is very young. IMO. Casey is starting to adjust better to 3 back to back to back huge senior class graduations. Not your traditional "football factory", high-school where we are just able to reload every year. Rarely has Casey County had classes, back to back with 10+ seniors. In fact much of the norm for Casey is between 5 and 8 seniors. My quick observations, McCreary seems better coached this year, overall, but most of their speed seems to be young. Their QB isn't afraid to throw the ball, but his mechanics need some work. McCreary seems to have tight ends playing wide out...Again, as in the past 3 years, not much defense from the Raiders. However, for them, I could see some success for them next year, and then the next. They do have some talent that my old eyes could see. Just got to get them to grow up, coached up, and there could be some winning down there. No more "optional practices". I'd tell the superintendent to kick rocks.

Wouldn’t have helped that much but there was 4 starters out that I was tracking. Including the starting running back who had close to 200 yards last game. The top receiver was out as well. The other two would help on defense. I think it would have just prolonged the blowout last night. But mccreary might have been able to give a better effort.
bout time to start looking for a new coach
Dumbest thing posted on this site!! Bout time he gets out of there for his good. Lucky to have football knowledge in that program finally and gets no support especially from admin
He is a good coach in a difficult spot. It will take more than this year to fix the damage done by the former superintendent
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:Dumbest thing posted on this site!! Bout time he gets out of there for his good. Lucky to have football knowledge in that program finally and gets no support especially from admin

Looked like coach has put in a pretty good system, to me. I thought they played with more discipline as well.
Well in the past four seasons they have grabbed up a winning record one season and made the playoffs the first time last year since 2009. And was the closest mccreary has came to winning a playoff. Mccreary is getting better slowly but surely. A few things I would say is practice should not be optional, offseason workouts should be 5 days per week instead of two or three. Lastly discipline the players to many unsportsmanlike gets Called and the fight in the jellico game Showed just that
Unbeaten55 Wrote:Well in the past four seasons they have grabbed up a winning record one season and made the playoffs the first time last year since 2009. And was the closest mccreary has came to winning a playoff. Mccreary is getting better slowly but surely. A few things I would say is practice should not be optional, offseason workouts should be 5 days per week instead of two or three. Lastly discipline the players to many unsportsmanlike gets Called and the fight in the jellico game Showed just that

The kid who got the horse collar against Casey was trying NOT to do it. I watched the play unfold and as he was beat he just did what he had to do to get the WR to the ground. It wasn't dirty at all and really showed a lot of discipline. There was so much discipline he almost didn't grab the kid hard enough and could have went for a long TD. Still I respected that he was thinking out there, while he was playing. In my opinion the ref maybe shouldn't have called that penalty. I have no idea about the Jelico game.