Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greastest time of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NFL kicks off preseason sunday August 5 New Orleans v.s. Pittsburgh can't wait.:rockon:
Oh I CAN'T WAIT!!!! WHO DEY!!! I think this may be their year.....I will say that every year though.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Oh I CAN'T WAIT!!!! WHO DEY!!! I think this may be their year.....I will say that every year though.

Will the offense as strong as ever, and with finally having a respectable defense, it looks like they'll be amazing.......... Who-Dey, kids, Who-Dey.... but back to topic, I agree this is the best time of year, and I'm in heaven from now til early February.
I found myself yesterday (Sunday) afternoon sitting around and wishing that it was September already. I am anticipating this upcoming season so much, I just wish it would hurry up and get here!
I must say my favorite time is right when March Madness starts... Nothing beats it in my opinion. But this time is not far behind, especially because of the excitment for the upcoming year that the Bengals will hopefully have. Also this means that I can get the frustrations about the Reds out of my head for a little bit.
I love this time of year. Football is just starting up and NASCAR is in full swing. This is the time of year when my "Previous Channel" button on my remote gets a serious workout on sundays.LOL! By the way WHO DEY???? WE DEY!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I must say my favorite time is right when March Madness starts... Nothing beats it in my opinion. But this time is not far behind, especially because of the excitment for the upcoming year that the Bengals will hopefully have. Also this means that I can get the frustrations about the Reds out of my head for a little bit.

I would have to agree and say my favorite time of year is also March Madness, followed closely behind by college football bowl season. This time of year is actually kind of dead to me, what with football not playing actual games yet, and baseball season now only important if your team is in the playoff hunt (mine is not even close). I am eagerly anticipating next month, when both UK and the Bengals will start lighting up the scoreboard!

Go Cats and Who Dey! :rockon:
More Cowbell Wrote:I would have to agree and say my favorite time of year is also March Madness, followed closely behind by college football bowl season. This time of year is actually kind of dead to me, what with football not playing actual games yet, and baseball season now only important if your team is in the playoff hunt (mine is not even close). I am eagerly anticipating next month, when both UK and the Bengals will start lighting up the scoreboard!

Go Cats and Who Dey! :rockon:

It is like that every year! lol Poor Reds. It seems that after the first month I am going through a dead period because the Reds start to loss...and loss alot. Every year and it never fails.
So yea I am with you man, this month can not go by fast enough.
the late fall, when its cold out, midway through football season, when theres legitimate games on just about every night on ESPN, and the high school season, various college games through the week on several channels, Sunday NFL, and MNF..THAT is the perfect time of year. When I played HS ball, I hated this time of year, practice was always so hot and miserable, but when it got to be 40 to 45* out, early to mid October, that was the glory days..I absolutely LOVE football. Give me any game on any channel any night of the week, and Im glued to the set. I love those Thursday night games on ESPN though, just gets you so ready for the weekend. I always order pizza, grab some pop and beer, and get pumped and ready, lol..Im more than obsessed with football, I'm addicted to it, and I always have been. No matter who you all like, the fact is that we're all brothers when it comes to love of the game. I know I hate a lot of your teams, but I'll watch them if my teams arent playing, lol..its soooo close!
I cant wait till the first preseason game thats how excited I am and everyone knows how boring and meaningless preseason is, lol. WHO DEY!
Thanksgiving is really good too. The food, football, and college basketball tourneys makes it a great day to be a sports fan. Does anybody disagree? lol
The first Monday in April is really cool too. You have the NCAA basketball national championship as well as Opening Day for baseball. It used to be great when I had the day off (or just skipped class) so I could watch the Reds in the afternoon, then watched the Final Four title game that night. The best was when UK played in that game 3 straight years in the 90's.
More Cowbell Wrote:The first Monday in April is really cool too. You have the NCAA basketball national championship as well as Opening Day for baseball. It used to be great when I had the day off (or just skipped class) so I could watch the Reds in the afternoon, then watched the Final Four title game that night. The best was when UK played in that game 3 straight years in the 90's.

Ah yes the glory years of UK basketball's most recent past. I hope that it is coming again very soon.
Don't forget, it's also the one day of the year when the Reds always start the day in first place, and optimism about the upcoming season makes you ignore the team's flaws. Big Grin