Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps at Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does everyone see this game?

I thought Phelps and Martin County would be a good game, then was shocked to see the final score (Martin by 40). However, I read somewhere that Dom Francis did not play in this game.

Anyone know what happened there? Is he expected back for this week? If he is playing, I can see Phelps giving Valley some problems. If not, this could get ugly in a hurry.
Martin County had 2 starters out Friday night. Francis would have made lil or no difference. Phelps is not good up front. I doubt Francis plays again. I feel the coaches are trying to stop him from getting beat up( I don’t know this just a suspicion). SV is very good up front and is gonna beat Phelps up and dominate this game.
Shelby Valley
I expect this game to be a little closer than Martin County.......I say some Confusedhh:

Shelby Valley 42
Phelps 13
Cardinals ride Wrote:Martin County had 2 starters out Friday night. Francis would have made lil or no difference. Phelps is not good up front. I doubt Francis plays again. I feel the coaches are trying to stop him from getting beat up( I don’t know this just a suspicion). SV is very good up front and is gonna beat Phelps up and dominate this game.

I’m sorry but your logic about Francis is mind boggling?? If he’s healthy enough to play he’s gonna play. Why would the staff stop him from participating if he’s healthy??

Phelps May have still gotten beat...but believe you me.....if Francis played....u would have know it. He could play and start for any team in the mountains.
Cardinals ride Wrote:Martin County had 2 starters out Friday night. Francis would have made lil or no difference. Phelps is not good up front. I doubt Francis plays again. I feel the coaches are trying to stop him from getting beat up( I don’t know this just a suspicion). SV is very good up front and is gonna beat Phelps up and dominate this game.

Francis definitely would have helped. Not saying he would erase a 40-point difference, but I absolutely believe it is a closer game. He is extremely talented and can give lots of local teams fits.

That said, if he is hurt I could see him sitting out the next couple weeks and trying to be completely healthy for district games. Without him playing Phelps has no chance against Valley.
More Cowbell Wrote:Francis definitely would have helped. Not saying he would erase a 40-point difference, but I absolutely believe it is a closer game. He is extremely talented and can give lots of local teams fits.

That said, if he is hurt I could see him sitting out the next couple weeks and trying to be completely healthy for district games. Without him playing Phelps has no chance against Valley.
I don’t wanna hijack this thread. But did you guys read where MC was without 2 starters? And I know exactly how talented Dominic is. But if you don’t have room to get started you can’t do much. I was sad when I heard he wasn’t gonna play because I knew this excuse would be used but we can’t control that. Just have to play who they line up. No idea why I said I doubt he plays again... lol. Im a lil burnt out sometimes lol

Shelby Valley is too big and too physical for the Hornets. SV
Shelby Valley will win this one easily 40-12
Another out of district cupcake for Valley. Gonna hurt at the end of season with the RPI. Looks like they are around 15 now.

Valley 48
Phelps 12
Was 2006 the last time they've played?
Shelby Valley by alot:

Valley 49
Hornets 18
SV by 20
I'll take Vallley.
SV 48-6. Running clock in 3rd Q.