Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We want Petrino
He would’ve won this game lol
Kentucky football: get a lead, quit doing everything that was working and begin playing not to lose. Our coaching adjustments are absolutely atrocious and Stoops gets a lot of credit and deserves in getting all these recruits. But these guys don’t do anything during games to make me think they know what they are doing.
Fact is, Stoops can’t win close games. We have the talent to beat Florida, but we have knuckleheads on the sidelines.
Smith hurts his hand and isn't the same afterwards. Hell look what happened when Franks went out, Florida never gave up. Kentucky and Smith gave up as soon as the poor baby hurt his wittle hand.

and speaking of poor, he, being Chance Poore, needs to go back to kicking school.
I’m not letting the kicker off the hook, you’ve got to make a 35-yarder. But, like I said on updates, if we were playing for the field goal, why in the world didn’t we run it to the middle of the field?
But if—-and it’s a big if—we can get a split on this two-game road trip coming up to Mississippi St. and South Carolina, we would still have a shot at a really good year, like 8-4.
Van Hagar Wrote:I’m not letting the kicker off the hook, you’ve got to make a 35-yarder. But, like I said on updates, if we were playing for the field goal, why in the world didn’t we run it to the middle of the field?

Agreed. A 35 yarder is a must hit for D1 athletes. But they showed a close up of him warming up and I texted three people saying he’s missing this field goal. There was just something in his eyes that made me lose confidence in him. But the game should’ve never came down to having to put it in a kickers hands. We lost this one by doing what Kentucky always does. Play not to lose when we get a lead.
Agree. UK went back to being UK, Smith was having a great game until someone touched him. The play calling went the way of how Stoops always takes it after getting a lead. Smoke is the best RB on the field and you put Rose in on 4 & 1. Why? Then when asked why he did it, uh um uh um we just did. Fact is that butterball can’t win when thinking has to be involved. How the hell do you build a lead with smart play calling and then get mentally challenged after you get the lead. My god when’s he gonna learn to stop changing what works. And for the love of god change the defense up sometimes, the back up QB came in and you ran the same defense over and over while the new guy picked you apart while you just stood on the sidelines picking your nose. Screw your zone defense Stoops, It sucks. What pisses me off is i had finally quit caring about UK football, then once again i let meathead lure me back in and what happens? The old wildcats come back.
Van Hagar Wrote:I’m not letting the kicker off the hook, you’ve got to make a 35-yarder. But, like I said on updates, if we were playing for the field goal, why in the world didn’t we run it to the middle of the field?
You’re making too much sense by putting the ball in the middle of the field, and no he shouldn’t be let off the hook. But in his defense he is a freshman and the coaches put him in that position instead of playing too win
Spud6 Wrote:Agreed. A 35 yarder is a must hit for D1 athletes. But they showed a close up of him warming up and I texted three people saying he’s missing this field goal. There was just something in his eyes that made me lose confidence in him. But the game should’ve never came down to having to put it in a kickers hands. We lost this one by doing what Kentucky always does. Play not to lose when we get a lead.
Winner winner chicken dinner. You’re correct sir
Oh and while I’m fired up, Wagner is a star in the making. Dude is a beast. Why on earth do you stop throwing to him? He either catches it or they throw a flag. Either way feed that monster.
Oh and another thing. The kickers name is Chance Poore. Of all things, a person with that name became a kicker at the university of Kentucky. Gets put in the game to win it at home against Florida who is ranked in the top 10 and you miss it right. You can’t make this stuff up.
spud6 Wrote:oh and another thing. The kickers name is chance poore. Of all things, a person with that name became a kicker at the university of kentucky. Gets put in the game to win it at home against florida who is ranked in the top 10 and you miss it right. You can’t make this stuff up.
Confusednicker:
UK doesn't scholarship their kickers do they?
plantmanky Wrote:UK doesn't scholarship their kickers do they?

Not freshman I don’t believe. McGinnis (not sure how to spell it) was on scholarship by the time he graduated. Because he was automatic!
plantmanky Wrote:UK doesn't scholarship their kickers do they?

This guy is on a FULL RIDE. He was supposedly one of if not the top kicker in the country coming out of high school.

The problem with these schools is the kicking game is not that important to them or they would spend the time finding quality kickers and not rely on some service to TELL THEM who to sign ala the kid that is the holder who is also on a FULL RIDE.

Put in the time or else deal with the consequences.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Oh and while I’m fired up, Wagner is a star in the making. Dude is a beast. Why on earth do you stop throwing to him? He either catches it or they throw a flag. Either way feed that monster.

He sure seems like someone the pros will be drooling over. I didn’t understand on the last drive why we didn’t take a shot or two into the end zone to him, he either catches or draws a flag on every 50/50 ball. But no, we have to run dive plays to put the outcome on the foot of our freshman kicker.
On one hand I feel pretty positive about this team after losing so many stars to the NFL we still went toe to toe with Florida. I think any neutral party would say that UK was the better looking team. So I still have confidence we can win 7-9 games.

But I just don’t understand how many times this UK staff has to get burned by playing so conservatively rather then just finishing the job when you’ve been dominating the first 3 quarters. I loved the fact we were actually aggressive to start the 4th quarter going for it on 4th and 1, but even the playcall was conservative Eddie gran at his best. AJ Rose in the wildcat trying to go straight the middle against an all out blitz??? I mean how did he honestly think that would work. I think when we got stopped there Stoops and Gran said look we tried to be aggressive and it didn’t work so lets go prevent instead.
Looking at the rest of the schedule there’s no game besides Georgia that we have no chance of winning. These next two games are critical to how successful we can be this year. It’s tough to win games on the road in the SEC but there’s no reason IMO we shouldn’t beat Mississippi State and South Carolina.

This next game against Mississippi St. sets the whole tone for the season. Do we come out angry and physically dominate or do we come out flat off the letdown of this week?
Spud6 Wrote:Kentucky football: get a lead, quit doing everything that was working and begin playing not to lose. Our coaching adjustments are absolutely atrocious and Stoops gets a lot of credit and deserves in getting all these recruits. But these guys don’t do anything during games to make me think they know what they are doing.
I have a text from Hound05 that I received during the game that says EXACTLY what you posted. I couldn't agree more. It's a coward that plays to not lose!!! A coward who has no confidence in his team.

When I saw his face, I told my daughter he would NOT make the FG. He was scared and ill prepared, IMO.

Spud6 Wrote:Oh and another thing. The kickers name is Chance Poore. Of all things, a person with that name became a kicker at the university of Kentucky. Gets put in the game to win it at home against Florida who is ranked in the top 10 and you miss it right. You can’t make this stuff up.
The very last play before the FG attempt made me stop watching the game. What a pathetic play they called. I left Lexington at 5 am this morning, and bet I saw a dozen Florida vehicles driving south. I have to admit, my first thought was to run them off I-75!!!
As much as I want to blame Eddie Gran. I saw him go over to Coach stoops after we scored our final TD and we made Florida punt. I would put all my money I have on the fact that he said do you want me to run the ball to kill the clock? And stoops and him agreed. I can’t confirm that but I’d bet everything that they did. Cause then we started running every play
Spud6 Wrote:As much as I want to blame Eddie Gran. I saw him go over to Coach stoops after we scored our final TD and we made Florida punt. I would put all my money I have on the fact that he said do you want me to run the ball to kill the clock? And stoops and him agreed. I can’t confirm that but I’d bet everything that they did. Cause then we started running every play
Yeah I’ve always wondered about that. Eddie Gran gets killed by social media over being so conservative with play calling but you have to think Stoops is the one telling him to do it.
Spud6 Wrote:Kentucky football: get a lead, quit doing everything that was working and begin playing not to lose. Our coaching adjustments are absolutely atrocious and Stoops gets a lot of credit and deserves in getting all these recruits. But these guys don’t do anything during games to make me think they know what they are doing.
Stoops is a conservative, play not to lose guy. Thats who he is and he isn't going to change. I can't get behind that. People who do really need to hope they keep recruiting aggressively because the players have to overcome the coach. I just don't understand a guy who is so aggressive on the recruiting trail with a "why not us" attitude is the complete opposite in every other aspect of his job.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Stoops is a conservative, play not to lose guy. Thats who he is and he isn't going to change. I can't get behind that. People who do really need to hope they keep recruiting aggressively because the players have to overcome the coach. I just don't understand a guy who is so aggressive on the recruiting trail with a "why not us" attitude is the complete opposite in every other aspect of his job.
Back Joker to come back.
UKisN1 Wrote:Back Joker to come back.

what?