Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the new principal at Pikeville???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be the new principal at Pikeville???

Also, when will this hire take place??
Rumors are that 9 have applied and the hire will take place by mid-September.
good luck with the hire.
Ive heard Mayo and Thomas mentioned. Ive also heard that Booer{sic} from Valley has thrown his hat in the ring. My hope is that Royce gets it hes done a fine job as assitant principal. Mayo as principal and Thomas as assistant would make a great combo IMO.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ive heard Mayo and Thomas mentioned. Ive also heard that Booer{sic} from Valley has thrown his hat in the ring. My hope is that Royce gets it hes done a fine job as assitant principal. Mayo as principal and Thomas as assistant would make a great combo IMO.
Assuming Mayo gets principal and Thomas gets assistant Principal, who the would be hired as AD????
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Assuming Mayo gets principal and Thomas gets assistant Principal, who the would be hired as AD????
These are all questions Ive had all summer. With school starting next week and the Pike County Bowl less than a month away they better get to work in finding them!
Apparently Mayo is interim Principal and Kevin Garris is acting AD when schhol starts tommorow.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Apparently Mayo is interim Principal and Kevin Garris is acting AD when schhol starts tommorow.
o yay Coach Garris... lol jking he a good guy and knows a lot about high school sports
What about Danny Johnson? Great guy and would do a Great job.
IMO This thread belongs more on the Current Events side than the Politics side...and if that is in fact the case the right person will get the job...:thumpsup:
thepharmacist Wrote:IMO This thread belongs more on the Current Events side than the Politics side...and if that is in fact the case the right person will get the job...:thumpsup:
Very true...any word yet?
From what I was told at the Pike County bowl theyre waiting for the site based council to meet. They need to pick the Principal at the grade school and an AD as well. Thats gonna be a fun meeting LOL!
The site based council at the HS has been meeting and has interviews scheduled for this week...don't expect a hire until mid to late September.
BTW...there is a different council at each the HS and Elem school.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:From what I was told at the Pike County bowl theyre waiting for the site based council to meet. They need to pick the Principal at the grade school and an AD as well. Thats gonna be a fun meeting LOL!
The high school site based council is totally different from the elementary council. Each council has 3 teachers and 2 parents. Also, the AD is picked by the principal not the SBC.
There are 6 people interviewing to takeover the mess that Jim Stratton left. Royce Mayo and Dave Thomas from within. Two from the county system trying to jump on the bandwagon; Jason Booher and James Hurley. And also two outsiders, one from Mason Co., Kermit Belcher and also a lady from Fayette Co. named Nancy Wintrhop.
Six? I heard that only four were getting interviews and the process had already begun.
bball fan Wrote:There are 6 people interviewing to takeover the mess that Jim Stratton left. Royce Mayo and Dave Thomas from within. Two from the county system trying to jump on the bandwagon; Jason Booher and James Hurley. And also two outsiders, one from Mason Co., Kermit Belcher and also a lady from Fayette Co. named Nancy Wintrhop.
IMO, Mayo and Thomas should get it. They would be a great team if you asked me.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IMO, Mayo and Thomas should get it. They would be a great team if you asked me.
I don't think you can have co-principals...Maybe one gets the principal job and the other the assistant...who knows...there are great applicants.
The latest word I've heard is that they (Mayo and Thomas) are the top contenders.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I don't think you can have co-principals...Maybe one gets the principal job and the other the assistant...who knows...there are great applicants.
Thats what I meant. One as principal and the other as assistant.
I suppose they're still undecided. Does anyone have any info?
Got a little info that Pikeville was turned down by their top 3 candidates.........
NEXT Wrote:Got a little info that Pikeville was turned down by their top 3 candidates.........
Sorry,You got bad information....I have a direct source that says that is not true.
This thread has to do with the livelihood of real people, please be accurate and considerate with your posts.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:This thread has to do with the livelihood of real people, please be accurate and considerate with your posts.

Amen and by the way the new principal has been hired and it is a great choice..

ROYCE MAYO
Royce Mayo has been hired....Thread Closed.