Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 39 West Carter 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to East Carter
Congratulations to East Carter.
My comets were simply out-coached tonight…
If anything it will light a fire in belly for West Carter after losing the barrel and they might win next year. But for this year East Carter has bragging rights and owns the barrel after losing the last few to West Carter.
Congratulations to the Raiders on the rivalry win! Wonder when was the last time East Carter started a year 4-0?
4-0 for the first time since 1994.
I am afraid West Carter’s staff is going to waste all the talent they have on their roster this year and have another 6-4 season. Watching that game last night, the players never gave up but were not able to over come their own coaching staff.
WestCarterComet Wrote:I am afraid West Carter’s staff is going to waste all the talent they have on their roster this year and have another 6-4 season. Watching that game last night, the players never gave up but were not able to over come their own coaching staff.

Care to provide examples? You said they were out coached I was just wondering what specifically
KYHSFB Wrote:Care to provide examples? You said they were out coached I was just wondering what specifically

The play calling simply is horrible. Anytime the offense has a negative play they go into panic mode and want to make up the yardage needed to get a first down all in one play. I don’t know who coaches the Comets on special teams but they need fired. Offensively the comets need to get other play makers involved instead of just Cline. Cline is the best player in the area in my opinion but there are still other scoring options for the comets. Extremely proud of how hard all of them played. Play calling was detrimental to West when they traveled to mercer and it was detrimental to them last night.
WestCarterComet Wrote:The play calling simply is horrible. Anytime the offense has a negative play they go into panic mode and want to make up the yardage needed to get a first down all in one play. I don’t know who coaches the Comets on special teams but they need fired. Offensively the comets need to get other play makers involved instead of just Cline. Cline is the best player in the area in my opinion but there are still other scoring options for the comets. Extremely proud of how hard all of them played. Play calling was detrimental to West when they traveled to mercer and it was detrimental to them last night.

What other playmakers do you suggest they get involved more? Not saying they don't have them, just want specifics.
KYHSFB Wrote:What other playmakers do you suggest they get involved more? Not saying they don't have them, just want specifics.

Bond had a 45 yard catch in the 2nd quarter and didn’t have another catch the rest of the game. There is no reason for that. #16 didn’t have any catches either. For some reason the only pass plays the comets called were deep balls or screen. No intermediate pass game. Cline and the run game were rolling last night but they still need to mix pass plays in even when they are successfully running the ball. I think the offensive coaches need to really take a look at what they have done this season. A good offensive line, good receiving core, adequate quarterback play and having Cline should be plenty enough talent to have a good offense if they would call the right plays and get the right people involved.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Bond had a 45 yard catch in the 2nd quarter and didn’t have another catch the rest of the game. There is no reason for that. #16 didn’t have any catches either. For some reason the only pass plays the comets called were deep balls or screen. No intermediate pass game. Cline and the run game were rolling last night but they still need to mix pass plays in even when they are successfully running the ball. I think the offensive coaches need to really take a look at what they have done this season. A good offensive line, good receiving core, adequate quarterback play and having Cline should be plenty enough talent to have a good offense if they would call the right plays and get the right people involved.

I’ve heard good things about the potential of backup QB Nichols
KYHSFB Wrote:I’ve heard good things about the potential of backup QB Nichols

Does he have potential to call plays? That’s what’s needed.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Does he have potential to call plays? That’s what’s needed.

West Carter seemed to have over 300 yards of offense last night.
Don't really follow either team or know any players or coaches but......they scored 34 points so I kinda doubt play calling is their biggest issue. 34 will win you most games you play. Like I said, I don't really follow and if I watched the game last night I may agree that they should have scored more but I would worry much more about the Defense.
64black&gold Wrote:Don't really follow either team or know any players or coaches but......they scored 34 points so I kinda doubt play calling is their biggest issue. 34 will win you most games you play. Like I said, I don't really follow and if I watched the game last night I may agree that they should have scored more but I would worry much more about the Defense.

Cline had a pick 6 and a punt return touchdown so really the offense only scored 22 points. The defense played well despite the score because of the short field position they were given last night.
KYHSFB Wrote:West Carter seemed to have over 300 yards of offense last night.

Yes they did. However, the offense was only responsible for 22 of the 34 points. There were several play calls I didn’t understand. Throwing the ball up in the end-zone to the big kid Berry into clear double coverage didn’t make sense to me. The three consecutive run plays before the snap that went over the punters head for the safety also didn’t make any sense. I didn’t understand the amount of times that we would run into the A gap into obvious linebacker blitz either. I don’t know why there weren’t plays called to get the ball into the hands of Bond or #16 whenever Cline would have to come out of the game. They would try to run the same plays with the back up running back who I believe is a freshman that they did with Cline and it did not work because he is not the same running back. The play calls were better than they were in the Mercer Co bowl game but still not the best plays that could have been called.
Let's be honest; Not saying this to be critical, but both teams are average at best. East has the tougher schedule of the two teams. West should win at least six games with their soft schedule.
Slic Ric Wrote:Let's be honest; Not saying this to be critical, but both teams are average at best. East has the tougher schedule of the two teams. West should win at least six games with their soft schedule.

I don’t think that’s fair to say. Easts schedule may look tougher because of their district, which is what makes Wests schedule look soft.

Non district wise East plays/played Fairview, Lewis, Morgan, West, Fleming, Tolsia WV and Boyd. West being the best of those teams and that’s of course going to happen.

West plays/played Mercer (top ten 3A team), Lewis, East, Boyd, and Russell (top ten 3A team??). All of those schools are larger than West Carter, Lewis being really the only completely easy game of the bunch.

I have friends on both sides, but if you watched this game and thought anything other than special teams errors on West Carter being the difference in this one you are wrong.
KYHSFB Wrote:I don’t think that’s fair to say. Easts schedule may look tougher because of their district, which is what makes Wests schedule look soft.

Non district wise East plays/played Fairview, Lewis, Morgan, West, Fleming, Tolsia WV and Boyd. West being the best of those teams and that’s of course going to happen.

West plays/played Mercer (top ten 3A team), Lewis, East, Boyd, and Russell (top ten 3A team??). All of those schools are larger than West Carter, Lewis being really the only completely easy game of the bunch.

I have friends on both sides, but if you watched this game and thought anything other than special teams errors on West Carter being the difference in this one you are wrong.

Their special teams performance is why I said whoever is in charge of their special teams needs fired. The play calls I have previously pointed out I still do not understand.
It’s never the execution of the kids it always the coaches fault.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It’s never the execution of the kids it always the coaches fault.

So I assume you’ve been at all 3 games west carter has played since you’re going to say something like that, correct?
WestCarterComet Wrote:So I assume you’ve been at all 3 games west carter has played since you’re going to say something like that, correct?

Who would you rather have calling the offense? Are you available for hire?
Congrats East
KYHSFB Wrote:Who would you rather have calling the offense? Are you available for hire?

Absolutely