Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps Football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I havn't seen any threads saying who they actually hired as their new head football coach.
I saw some speculation that it was former Powell coach Bruce Jones.
If so, How are things looking for Phelps so far?:confused:
RIP_28 Wrote:I havn't seen any threads saying who they actually hired as their new head football coach.
I saw some speculation that it was former Powell coach Bruce Jones.
If so, How are things looking for Phelps so far?:confused:

That is the RUMOR! Big Grin Fairly slow.
Rumor is true. Powell Counties ex-coach is Phelps' new coach.
SportsKrazee Wrote:Rumor is true. Powell Counties ex-coach is Phelps' new coach.

Should do better at Phelps. Wink
I got to see a Phelps practice and I promise no one will be in better shape.
Those guys are conditioning their butts off.
Phelps is huge and I see a 6-4 ball club. From what I saw they will be OK this season.
What is Phelps schedule?
The teams I know of they can beat.
East Ridge W
Betsy Layne (definate win)
Allen Cent. W
Estill (???? who knows)
South Floyd (possible win)
I think they'll be Ok as hard as they're working from what I saw.
I think Rip 28 your wrong on the betsy layne win, and time will tell.

Bobcats Playoff bound!!!!!!!
Phelps is gonna do good because we do conidtion our butts off
RIP_28 Wrote:What is Phelps schedule?
The teams I know of they can beat.
East Ridge W
Betsy Layne (definate win)
Allen Cent. W
Estill (???? who knows)
South Floyd (possible win)
I think they'll be Ok as hard as they're working from what I saw.

Smile
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I think Rip 28 your wrong on the betsy layne win, and time will tell.

Rip, I think you are absolutely right, about the Betsy Layne game. :Thumbs:
Phelps will line up and run over Betsy Layne
Who was that Qb that played for Betsy Layne a few years ago, Heard the guy was a d-1'er.
His name was Bart Puckett or something like that.
I think his name was Tyler Puckett, but he wasnt a D 1er. Now the current quarterback is definitely a d1 is getting a lot of letters.
I sit true he liked to warm up and take the field to WAKE ME UP BEFORE YO GO GO by wham. Just what I heard.lol
dont know, but that does seem troubling
Ok we need to get back on topic, here is phelpos schedule how does everyone think they will do?

East Ridge-PCB-L
Paintsville-Away-L
Allen Central-Home-W
Hurley, VA-Away-W
South Floyd-Away-Toss up
Estill County-Home-L
Jenkins-Home-L
Betsy Layne-Home-Toss up
Pikeville-Home-L
Magoffin County-Away-L

I think there lookin at a 2-8 season again or a possible 3-7 or a 4-6 season but good luck hornets.
Only time will tell!!! Making predictions when you haven't seen how hard these kids are working is kinda like making a "blind bet".... I guess we will ALL have to wait and see!! Good Luck Hornets!!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Only time will tell!!! Making predictions when you haven't seen how hard these kids are working is kinda like making a "blind bet".... I guess we will ALL have to wait and see!! Good Luck Hornets!!!!
That's exactly why I hate pre-season rankings....it's just something to talk about.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:That's exactly why I hate pre-season rankings....it's just something to talk about.

AMEN!!!! Wink
phs1986 Wrote:Only time will tell!!! Making predictions when you haven't seen how hard these kids are working is kinda like making a "blind bet".... I guess we will ALL have to wait and see!! Good Luck Hornets!!!!

Blind bet? I have see Phelps practice, I have plently of freinds that play over in phelps, and from what Iv heard and seen and my knowledge of the other teams is how I came to make my decisions on the ranking. I wish the Hornts all the luck in the world.
warriorpride Wrote:Blind bet? I have see Phelps practice, I have plently of freinds that play over in phelps, and from what Iv heard and seen and my knowledge of the other teams is how I came to make my decisions on the ranking. I wish the Hornts all the luck in the world.

Okay... we all have our own opinions!! Thanks for the best wishes!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I think Rip 28 your wrong on the betsy layne win, and time will tell.

i am going to have to agree with BLF that is not a definite win by all means. phelps had a hard time stopping the run and that is all B.L. CAN do
warriorpride Wrote:Ok we need to get back on topic, here is phelpos schedule how does everyone think they will do?

East Ridge-PCB-L
Paintsville-Away-L
Allen Central-Home-W
Hurley, VA-Away-W
South Floyd-Away-Toss up
Estill County-Home-L
Jenkins-Home-L
Betsy Layne-Home-Toss up
Pikeville-Home-L
Magoffin County-Away-L

I think there lookin at a 2-8 season again or a possible 3-7 or a 4-6 season but good luck hornets.
i totally agree with this predictionWink Wink
I will have to say thanks football exerocist, but i am no way in the world would say that any team will do bad, i hope the very best for phelps except when the play the bobcats.
i think phelps will have a good season. coach jones is good coac with 2 state championships. he will condition them until he knows they r in the best shape they can get in. he only plays the best. he will be good for them.
where did he win two state championships won at? What did he coach or play?
launchpad4 Wrote:I guess you don't consider U.K., Purdue, or Eastern D1 then do you. Get your facts straight before you talk on here cause you sound like a fool. You clearly don't know what you're talking about!
I can't believe any D-! college is looking at BL kids.
Coach Jones is a very hard working coach. He will have those kids at Phelps ready to play for 4 quarters. Nothing fancy, He's an old school coach who don't care to say " Were runnin' it right here, Stop us if you can." He will be a good fit for Phelps.
bigpun Wrote:I can't believe any D-! college is looking at BL kids.

Why is that so hard to believe? Just because they do not have a top rated program does not mean that they may not have a few great players come through there from time to time. I would think that they would have to be very good to get the attention of scouts but anything is possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4