Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Will Be The New Principal in Paintsville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be Paintsville's 5th new Principal in as many years? Any ideas why this job is so hard on folks? Who seems to want it the most? Will they retain the "in-house interim" hire for the duration of the school year or will they allow this council to actually represent the desires of their constituency and let them decide who is best suited to stand up to the pressures of the job?
Coach Runyon! Coach Runyon! Coach Runyon! Yaaaayy.... Coach Runyon!:Cheerlead
Basketball, Football, AD, City councilman... Principal? Mayor? Senator? 'Da Governator?:confused:
Sounds good to me, if he had his principalship. lol
what is the real reason that he resigned?
I hear they're gonna name an interim Principal and advertise the position. Probably Grayson Boyd.
Grayson Boyd, a long-time educator with Paintsville Independent schools, has been named interim high school principal.
“Grayson is a proven administrator and we are glad he has agreed to serve as the interim principal this year,” said Superintendent Coy Samons.
Boyd will step in Aug. 4 and serve as interim for the 2007-08 school year. Samons said the principal search will begin in January.
Boyd retired as Paintsville High School principal in 2002, but has since served in various administrative roles for the district, such as principal at Carl D. Perkins Job Corps Academy and as tennis coach, Samons said.
The seat was left vacant by Bryan Auxier, who resigned the position just last week to return to Paintsville Elementary School as a sixth-grade teacher.
Another change at the high school includes the move of Assistant Principal John Brown. Brown is now the Head Start and after-school program director.

Taken from the Paintsville Herald 7/25/07
Runyon is the Assistant principal. Finally things changing for the better!
I hate to see Mr. Brown leave.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Runyon is the Assistant principal. Finally things changing for the better!

I thought you said that Billy Fraley was going to be THE MAN!!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I thought you said that Billy Fraley was going to be THE MAN!!!

You also insinuated Auxier got the boot. Now whos farther from the truth? Billy might like to be principal....maybe.