Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think your kid is good? The he can hang with just about anybody......
I don't like his stance. His takeoff is sloppy. Using his strength and size to overpower unknown blockers. And he isn't wearing knee pads. I have a very strong distaste for kids who don't follow the rules.
Real Badman Wrote:I don't like his stance. His takeoff is sloppy. Using his strength and size to overpower unknown blockers. And he isn't wearing knee pads. I have a very strong distaste for kids who don't follow the rules.

I'll add. I think it's pretty clear to everyone that he's the biggest, strongest player on the field. Does he really have to hit the quarterback every single play in a scrimmage? Not only that but if you're that much stronger than everyone, just hold the kid up that you're blocking or tackling. You don't have to pick them up and slam them every single play IN A SCRIMMAGE. The one team they were playing looks like a JV team. He might be a great kid for all I know, but he comes off as a roided up jerk in these videos.
He literally looks like a man among boys. If Clemson wants him, he must be legit. I figure they know more about this stuff than us ham n eggers.
Does Clemson want him? It just says he was a commit.
Real Badman Wrote:Does Clemson want him? It just says he was a commit.

I have no idea. I thought it said so in the video description, but I don't know for certain.
Yeah but he could be a walk-on or practice player or something lesser. Just observations.
He's the no. 1 overall by several ranking systems.
5 star prospect going to Clemson
He's a stud. But he's obviously going against inferior competition. He's worthy of the ranking and will be a good player. I could do w/out all the extra stuff on the ground and sometimes he's left unblocked. He's obviously very physical.
Looks like a punk to me. First play, he lays on the QB and then pushes off of his head to get up. No respect. He will learn when get gets the to D1 stage and someone does that to him. Put him back in his place.
He has the size and the motor. A lot of big kids COULD do what he is doing but they don't for various reasons. The competition is poor and his rating obviously comes from what he has done at camps not this film.
I don’t have a problem with him being physical and going 100%. He could have been competing for the scholarship he got at the time. If you want to stop him, get better. But he doesn’t show good sportsmanship at times and that’s what I have a problem with. It’s kind of catch 22 for him in these situations. You’re not gonna tell an athlete that’s training to lighten up, but he could show better class at times, to me anyways. For all I know the kid could be a saint.
Nobody wants a Division 1, power 5 conference starting DT who's nice. Try using sportsmanship against the likes of Taylor Lewan or Richie Incognito. These are very bad men and if you like winning you want them that way. Most of these guys flip the NASTY switch when the hit the field. No plays off, every opponent finished. It's a big reason why he's the #1 DT recruit.
Better get some kneepads. Good linemen will be cutting that tree down.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Nobody wants a Division 1, power 5 conference starting DT who's nice. Try using sportsmanship against the likes of Taylor Lewan or Richie Incognito. These are very bad men and if you like winning you want them that way. Most of these guys flip the NASTY switch when the hit the field. No plays off, every opponent finished. It's a big reason why he's the #1 DT recruit.

I see your point and I agree with most of it as I said above. But there’s no need to keep hitting a defenseless QB or player or pushing them into the ground after the play is over. Because if you did that me a couple times I’ll sink to that level and chop block the sh!t right of your knee. Play whistle to whistle no doubt, but the extracurricular stuff is not needed.
Nobody wants a DT or OT that's going to rack up over 100 yards a game in penalties either, which based on this film is most certainly what would've happened. Plus, I doubt the recruiting experts gave him his ranking because of his ability to body slam 5'8 130lb running backs. I'm all for playing high energy, but you still have to play the game the right way.
I'm not condoning his behavior, it's repulsive. I just understand it. Players that take it easy on opponents get graded down. Scouts question their heart and work ethic. The Meat Market recruiting system fuels his style of play.