Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East KY Blue Chip Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

uk96

East Ky is being well represented at the Rick Bolus Blue Chip Camp this week. The team consist of Ashley Hatfield,Taylor Newsome, and Elijah Justice of Shelby Valley. Garrison Collins,Trey Short,and Tate Cox from June Buchanan. Cody Miller and Whitaker from Knox Central and another kid I cant remember. They had not lost a game the last I heard and the closest game they had was 15 or so against teams from other states.
The Case kid from BL was supposed to be down there, but I don't know if he's on that team or not.
Is that a blue chip team, or their AAU team?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Is that a blue chip team, or their AAU team?
yeah, that sounds a lot like the East Ky Lightning..
Sounds like a good team. Wonder how they all ended up on the same team?

uk96

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Is that a blue chip team, or their AAU team?

Blue Chip only.

uk96

SportsKrazee Wrote:Sounds like a good team. Wonder how they all ended up on the same team?

Yeah this team is loaded with huge size in Collins,Short and Miller inside combined with Cox,Whitaker,and Justice at guards and the versatility of Hatfield and Taylor and that makes for a lethal team.
What blue chip camp did they play at?

uk96

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:What blue chip camp did they play at?

They are playing this week at Georgetown..
Georgetown ?
yeah
A little off topic but "blue chips" was a great movie
Grand Slam Wrote:A little off topic but "blue chips" was a great movie

I agree with you Grand Slam 100%. Nick Nolte did what no coach would ever do though!!

uk96

The team ended up being the class of the camp going undefeated the whole week and winning the East division by 36 in the championship game. Every kid on the team played awesome and I dont think I have ever saw a team play better team ball than this team did.

uk96

uk96 Wrote:East Ky is being well represented at the Rick Bolus Blue Chip Camp this week. The team consist of Ashley Hatfield,Taylor Newsome, and Elijah Justice of Shelby Valley. Garrison Collins,Trey Short,and Tate Cox from June Buchanan. Cody Miller and Whitaker from Knox Central and another kid I cant remember. They had not lost a game the last I heard and the closest game they had was 15 or so against teams from other states.

The other kids I could not remember were Ben Hacker from Leslie County and also a great player out of Detroit that is transferring to a Louisville school name Darius.
uk96 Wrote:The team ended up being the class of the camp going undefeated the whole week and winning the East division by 36 in the championship game. Every kid on the team played awesome and I dont think I have ever saw a team play better team ball than this team did.

Congrats to these kids who are excellent players but they should have gone to the 1st camp in June. There were at least twice as many kids & a whole lot better talent attending at that time. The kids that attended in June are now in Las Vegas & LA playing in the big tourneys. Not trying to take anything away from the EKy kids as I love to see them do well but next year they should go to the June camp so they can show their skills against the better competition. These same Eky kids are as good as the others so they should be there showing them in June. Good luck guys I will be pulling for you this coming year.

uk96

Another Asssist Wrote:Congrats to these kids who are excellent players but they should have gone to the 1st camp in June. There were at least twice as many kids & a whole lot better talent attending at that time. The kids that attended in June are now in Las Vegas & LA playing in the big tourneys. Not trying to take anything away from the EKy kids as I love to see them do well but next year they should go to the June camp so they can show their skills against the better competition. These same Eky kids are as good as the others so they should be there showing them in June. Good luck guys I will be pulling for you this coming year.

I am not sure about the camps but there was 500 kids from all across the country at this camp. Alot of kids that get to go to Vegas and LA has to do with who they know and politics rather than just talent.IMO
Politics?

uk96

goodguy Wrote:Politics?

Not all kids but some get selected by who they know...
UK 96 that is a very true statement but still these kids need to be at Blue chip in June for the better compettition. Plus you can believe me most of the kids are your team are good enough & will be getting offers to join some of the teams in Vegas & LA next year if they haven't already. Get them out there where they can be seen!
kids go to the camp when their schedules allow. kids that play sports now don't have much of a summer. And for the ones in Vegas & L.A., more power to them if they have the money to sponsor their trip.
Well some get sponsors for their trip. They are selected on talent . They were seen at the June Blue-Chip camp.