Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin County Vs Anderson County 9/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two good teams in 4a, who wins and why:flame:
I know both of these teams well and they seem to be headed in opposite directions.

Anderson County - the loss of their RB (Collins) has been a bigger deal than I thought it would be. They lost a very good player and a speedy athlete.

Franklin County - the staff is really good and they have several great athletes and speed. They are a little ahead of schedule in my opinion and could win a few games in the playoffs.

Based upon what I've seen so far this season, I'll say:

Flyers - 42
Bearcats - 14
Man that is a bold score prediction. FOSHO! How are you so close to the teams? have you seen them play? I have only seen the Hills game this year for FCHS.
FCSPY Wrote:Man that is a bold score prediction. FOSHO! How are you so close to the teams? have you seen them play? I have only seen the Hills game this year for FCHS.

I know a staff member of FC and they do some football activities with my team. I also know a few of the kids on the team. As far as AC, our kids have grown up playing them in youth, middle school and freshman/JV. Plus I know a couple of their players as well. We do also play FC in JV/freshman football.

I have some concern about ACs ability to stop FC on offense, especially the pass. But I'm not sure FC has seen size like they will vs the Bearcats. Somebody from FC better block Derringer at DE.

AC may be able to keep it closer if they can run the ball and do a reasonable job of stopping the passing attack of the Flyers.

Good luck to both teams.
Gotcha, when you talk about the AC size do you mean on the lines? or are they big other places?
FCSPY Wrote:Gotcha, when you talk about the AC size do you mean on the lines? or are they big other places?

OL is HUGE. I heard they average around 300lbs.
I think #32 Russell is Anderson's best running back. Derringer is hard to block but he sometimes gets himself out of position. Gillis is a solid QB. Labhart is still a good LB. Their Oline and Dline are very big but they seem to get gassed as the game goes on. Fast paced offense can be a problem for AC.
UK1 Wrote:I think #32 Russell is Anderson's best running back. Derringer is hard to block but he sometimes gets himself out of position. Gillis is a solid QB. Labhart is still a good LB. Their Oline and Dline are very big but they seem to get gassed as the game goes on. Fast paced offense can be a problem for AC.

Better than labhart ?
FCSPY Wrote:Better than labhart ?

I've never seen the kid play, but no, he's not.
FoSho Wrote:OL is HUGE. I heard they average around 300lbs.

Damn! That's a monster front! Are they talented too or just big?
I dont know anything about Franklin County and very little about Anderson County. I predicted Anderson to win but now listening to some of you guys that know both programs, looks like I picked wrong. Lol! But since I picked A.C. to win earlier this week, I'll say:

Anderson County 27
Franklin County 24
#55PirateFan Wrote:Damn! That's a monster front! Are they talented too or just big?

If you're asking me if they're "Belfryesce" I'm gunna have to say no.

Smile
Anderson County is an enigma to me. They have a big Oline, Labhart is a good RB and 32 Russell is a very good RB. However they pass a ton. They don’t seem to have receivers that can catch. I don’t understand that. On Defense the Dearinger kid seems unblockable and has like 30 tackles and 5 or 6 sacks in just 3 games. However their secondary is weak and very suspect on any passing plays. With Franklin passing the ball mostly and having Farrier at WR and Broyle at QB, should be an easy win for Franklin if they double and triple Dearinger. I don’t know why Anderson doesn’t do the 3 yards and a pile of dust offense they seem built for, but until they do they seem like a tough team that may be 500 at best. If they figure out their strengths they could end up being a top 10 team. Collins hurt them but I feel like losing Coach Harp was a bigger blow.
BoyleCo Wrote:Anderson County is an enigma to me. They have a big Oline, Labhart is a good RB and 32 Russell is a very good RB. However they pass a ton. They don’t seem to have receivers that can catch. I don’t understand that. On Defense the Dearinger kid seems unblockable and has like 30 tackles and 5 or 6 sacks in just 3 games. However their secondary is weak and very suspect on any passing plays. With Franklin passing the ball mostly and having Farrier at WR and Broyle at QB, should be an easy win for Franklin if they double and triple Dearinger. I don’t know why Anderson doesn’t do the 3 yards and a pile of dust offense they seem built for, but until they do they seem like a tough team that may be 500 at best. If they figure out their strengths they could end up being a top 10 team. Collins hurt them but I feel like losing Coach Harp was a bigger blow.

Let's see here........you, FoSho and Chuck Smith seemed to think Anderson Co would be VERY good this season with Chuck Smith saying it's Andersons "best team ever" and yet I'm the only one that gets called out that they aren't Alabama. Lol

It's good to be so popular.
fosho Wrote:if you're asking me if they're "belfryesce" i'm gunna have to say no.

Smile

😂
FoSho Wrote:Let's see here........you, FoSho and Chuck Smith seemed to think Anderson Co would be VERY good this season with Chuck Smith saying it's Andersons "best team ever" and yet I'm the only one that gets called out that they aren't Alabama. Lol

It's good to be so popular.

You seem to be a very popular (hated) man on BGR my friend! 😂😂😂

I'm sure you lose alot of sleep at nights over it dont you? Hahahaha!
#55PirateFan Wrote:You seem to be a very popular (hated) man on BGR my friend! 😂😂😂

I'm sure you lose alot of sleep at nights over it dont you? Hahahaha!

I think I'm somewhat disappointed that some people choose hate over love. But I choose love.

😕
I just don’t see this game ever being a blowout if Anderson’s favor, the Flyers have took it on the chin the last few years and seems like Anderson has always been the more physical team... I got my flyers winning but a few things will have to go there way.
Both sides will be in Pink Friday night supporting a student who was injured in a severe car accident after Anderson’s last home game. Prayers for the folks impacted by this tragedy from a Flyer fan.
FC by 14