Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know if there has been any coaching changes this year in the 15th. Or are there coaches leaving on thier own?
I haven't heard a thing.
shelby valley may experience a coaching change and perhaps Pikeville :eek:
I heard today that Bobby Shepherd had retired or quit one at Prestonsburg. The new coach is supposed to be Mark Shepherd.
Marc Shepherd is the new coach at Prestonsburg. Very good move IMO and think he will turn the program around!
Irish#1 Wrote:Marc Shepherd is the new coach at Prestonsburg. Very good move IMO and think he will turn the program around!

He will do a fine job! He is young, energetic and more important an outstanding person. Pburg should be really happy because they got a good one. The only worry I have is this is his first major head coaching job. It will be interesting to see how he handles his teams. Congrats Marc!!!
I be believe Coach Shepherd will do a fine job!
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:Does anyone know if there has been any coaching changes this year in the 15th. Or are there coaches leaving on thier own?
i hear AC's Ken Johnson no longer has a teaching position Floyd County and is moving away....once it is official Austin Sheldon and Larry Begley....i hear begley was a catcher at EKU
eaglehoops Wrote:He will do a fine job! He is young, energetic and more important an outstanding person. Pburg should be really happy because they got a good one. The only worry I have is this is his first major head coaching job. It will be interesting to see how he handles his teams. Congrats Marc!!!
was he the assistant coach a year ago?
will the guy that played at Alice Lloyd still be helping??
psalm23 Wrote:was he the assistant coach a year ago?

No, last years assistant coach was Kyle Shepherd. Marc Shepherd is not related to the former coaches. Marc is a graduate of Johnson Central and I'm sure alot of Eagle fans know how he is. I hope he does a great job at Prestonsburg.
Mark is a great guy, and im sure he will do a great job.
Where did Shepherd coach before Prestonsburg?
i think Shelby Valley is getting a new coach. I am not for sure if i am right or not but i heard that Coach Saunders (the football coach) is taking over Valley's baseball team.
SVHSWildcat22 Wrote:i think Shelby Valley is getting a new coach. I am not for sure if i am right or not but i heard that Coach Saunders (the football coach) is taking over Valley's baseball team.

who all is in that district???What happened to there old coach??
bigE Wrote:who all is in that district???What happened to there old coach??

59th District-
East Ridge, Pikeville, and Shelby Valley

I heard that coach Osborne wanted to spend more time with his family - I think he has a son that is playing t-ball or maybe in Little League?? SV was competitive last year, they played Paintsville and Pikeville to one run games in April.
rawlingsfan Wrote:59th District-

I heard that coach Osborne wanted to spend more time with his family - I think he has a son that is playing t-ball or maybe in Little League?? SV was competitive last year, they played Paintsville and Pikeville to one run games in April.

thats right there in one of those 3 team districts, how many 3 team districts are in the 15th??
bigE Wrote:thats right there in one of those 3 team districts, how many 3 team districts are in the 15th??

60th only has three - Phelps, Belfry, and Pike Central
57th has five - Sheldon Clark, Lawrence, Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Magoffin
58th has four - Betsy Layne, S. Floyd, P-burg, and Allen Central
rawlingsfan Wrote:60th only has three - Phelps, Belfry, and Pike Central
57th has five - Sheldon Clark, Lawrence, Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Magoffin
58th has four - Betsy Layne, S. Floyd, P-burg, and Allen Central

i wonder why they dont do this:

60th-phelps, belfry, pike central, betsy layne
57th-sheldon clark, lawrence, paintsville, johnson central,
58th-s. floyd, p-burg, allen central, magoffin

it would just make more sense i would think, but i dont know i would say people have tried that before if i was guessing...
I agree, geographically it would change very little for Magoffin Co. You could also make the 59th District a 4-team district with Jenkins (who is in a five team district in the 53rd, 14th region).

Then you would have 16 teams competing in both the 14th and 15th regions, with 4 teams in each district.
i just heard coach osbourne didnt want anything to do with SV baseball anymore. I look for Valley to be just as competitive.
rawlingsfan Wrote:59th District-

Yeah if competitive is losing to the likes of jenkins and south floyd then they were pretty compettive in his 2 years.
Pikevile will be needing some new assistant coaches
VALLEY NEEDS A .COACH. THE KIDS WANT COACH OSBORNE BACK AND SO DO I.He is a terrific person and coach. Come back Coach!!!!!!
Spartan4Life Wrote:Where did Shepherd coach before Prestonsburg?

I'm pretty sure that this is his first job.
I have heared a rumor that Allen Central has a new coach. Can anyone confirm?
SIZE13 Wrote:I have heared a rumor that Allen Central has a new coach. Can anyone confirm?
Austin Shelton is the new baseball coach at Allen Central. Two bad the past 2 coaches have threw away all his pitching, but he still has some nice talent coming back but just no pitching.
Who did AC have...other than Little...that got thrown away?
Irish#1 Wrote:Marc Shepherd is the new coach at Prestonsburg. Very good move IMO and think he will turn the program around!
This can only help Prestonsburg the coach they had was IMO a complete waste.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Austin Shelton is the new baseball coach at Allen Central. Too bad the past 2 coaches have thrown away all his pitching, but he still has some nice talent coming back but just no pitching.

I think they had at least 5 pitchers last season who got a W, not to mention how many saw mound experience. If these guys build on that, then they have good pitching. Then, when Little does return, they could have a great staff.
Pages: 1 2