Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals NFL Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry I missed the draft. I had a new bowling ball come in and I had to go get it drilled.

:/
alfus21 Wrote:I think there are several better QB options and just because he is explosive doesn't mean he's the best fantasy QB. He had more interceptions than passing TD's, and several QB's will be better in the fantasy world.

Henry is tough, and Addai is pretty good. I think Norwood will come up big for you late in the season.

Houshmandzadeh is good, but your other two WR's are big question marks...What has Vincent Jackson done to be considered a dangerous option at WR?

I could name about 20 TE's better than Owen Daniels, and apparently so can this guy..
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Am...&type=lgns

Your team is ok, but don't flatter yourself. It looks like it will be a good league, because no team really stands out above any others.

That guy's a joke, he can't even get his own list right, lol. Greg Olsen will be playing the Bears #3 Wide Receiver option, not Tight End. And since when do sports writers put a jinx on a guy's season? He predicts Todd Heap will have an injury plagued season, why would someone write that?
My team seemed to turn out ok with me not there:

QB - Carson Palmer
WR - Deion Branch
WR - Joey Galloway
WR - Terry Glenn
RB - Brian Westbrook
RB - Edgerrin James
TE - Antonio Gates
BN - Ahman Green
BN - Dante Stalworth
BN - Kevin Curtis
BN - Heath Miller
BN - Chad Pennington

K - Vinatieri
Def. - New England
Def. - St. Louis
ComfortEagle Wrote:My team seemed to turn out ok with me not there:

QB - Carson Palmer
WR - Deion Branch
WR - Joey Galloway
WR - Terry Glenn
RB - Brian Westbrook
RB - Edgerrin James
TE - Antonio Gates
BN - Ahman Green
BN - Dante Stalworth
BN - Kevin Curtis
BN - Heath Miller
BN - Chad Pennington

K - Vinatieri
Def. - New England
Def. - St. Louis

Besides for Palmer and a few others, your team looks like a retirement home.
Yeah, unfortunately I had to miss the live draft. I'm not completely dissatisfied with my team though. I'll think they'll be alright.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yeah, unfortunately I had to miss the live draft. I'm not completely dissatisfied with my team though. I'll think they'll be alright.

I missed the draft too, so just had to settle with what I had pre-draft rankings.

Hasselbeck and Delhomme at QB, not that bad, but not too good either, probly end up being average. Delhomme could end up pretty good, but people had high hopes last year too and he didn't deliver.

RB- Steven Jackson- 'nough said. Willis McGahee- might end up having a big year, but just don't think he has enough weapons around him, I think he'll be too much of the offense and they'll just stack the line. Chester Taylor- don't think so.

WR- Chad Johnson, top three WR in the league, might end up the best. Javon Walker- someone on here said look out for Denver and I think he'll be top a 10 WR at least. Mark Clayton might be top 30, but nothing big, and Eddie Kennison will probly be pretty bad.

TE- Jeremy Shockey and Benjamin Watson, both should be pretty good.

K- Sugar Shayne- 'nough said again.

D- Dallas and San Fran. Dallas shouldn't be too bad, but SAn Fran's gone as soon as I get a chance.

Summary: team's not bad, but won't be that great either.
BFritz Wrote:I missed the draft too, so just had to settle with what I had pre-draft rankings.

Hasselbeck and Delhomme at QB, not that bad, but not too good either, probly end up being average. Delhomme could end up pretty good, but people had high hopes last year too and he didn't deliver.

RB- Steven Jackson- 'nough said. Willis McGahee- might end up having a big year, but just don't think he has enough weapons around him, I think he'll be too much of the offense and they'll just stack the line. Chester Taylor- don't think so.

WR- Chad Johnson, top three WR in the league, might end up the best. Javon Walker- someone on here said look out for Denver and I think he'll be top a 10 WR at least. Mark Clayton might be top 30, but nothing big, and Eddie Kennison will probly be pretty bad.

TE- Jeremy Shockey and Benjamin Watson, both should be pretty good.

K- Sugar Shayne- 'nough said again.

D- Dallas and San Fran. Dallas shouldn't be too bad, but SAn Fran's gone as soon as I get a chance.

Summary: team's not bad, but won't be that great either.

He is one of the best, but not in fantasy football, Housh gets way better numbers than Chad does.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:He is one of the best, but not in fantasy football, Housh gets way better numbers than Chad does.

Using what scoring system? Show me the categories that Housh has been better than Chad in the past two seasons.
BFritz Wrote:Using what scoring system? Show me the categories that Housh has been better than Chad in the past two seasons.

Last season, Chad 7 receiving TD's, Housh 9, any more questions? Chad lost 1 fumble last year, Housh lost 0. Past two seasons, Housh 16 receiving TD's, Chad has 16.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Last season, Chad 7 receiving TD's, Housh 9, any more questions? Chad lost 1 fumble last year, Housh lost 0. Past two seasons, Housh 16 receiving TD's, Chad has 16.

Using the scoring system we're using in the BGR league, CJ had 172 points last season to TJ's 155.

Using the scoring system we're using in the BGR league, 2 years ago CJ had 190 points to TJ's 138...

So, over the last 2 seasons Johnson has 362 points to Housh's 293....

I think that settles it.
alfus21 Wrote:Using the scoring system we're using in the BGR league, CJ had 172 points last season to TJ's 155.

Using the scoring system we're using in the BGR league, 2 years ago CJ had 190 points to TJ's 138...

So, over the last 2 seasons Johnson has 362 points to Housh's 293....

I think that settles it.

Didn't settle the worth of your crappy article you posted.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Didn't settle the worth of your crappy article you posted.

Niiiiiice.

Look up any rankings pal. Your boy Owen Daniels is not in the top 10 in any of them. Plain and simple. I was just trying to let you know that.

Nice rebuttle on the Chad Johnson and Housh argument though.
Pages: 1 2