Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co 46 Martin Co 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!! Was 46-6 at the half. HC just dominated even with 150 yards in penalties!
nice win for harlan county they take on knox central next week, Knox central just 22-7 over southwestern. Harlan should beat knox next week..
Way to go Black Bears!
Congrats Black Bears!!
Da Bears!
Harlan County O and D line was to much for Martin County. HC must clean up all the penalties going forward but nice win.
Why would Martin County travel all the way to Harlan County to take a beat down? There’s plenty of teams within an hour of Martin County that could’ve done them the favor.
Same thing could be said about Georgia State.....wait.....they won!!! Confusednicker:

Martin County is NOT a bad team. They scored first in this game, and had some strong drives! It was mistakes that led to a lot of the chaos, i.e. fumbles, not covering a kick off, things like this. They will get better! And I'm sure they will chalk up some wins this season.

Harlan County had 120 penalty yards in the first half of this game. I was afraid Coach Creech was gonna blow his head off just before half time. Every single penalty was deserved and every single penalty was avoidable!!! If we ended up with 150 yards for the game in penalties, I would think the boys got the point! I had to leave at half time. Getting too old to hang but I sure loved watching the Bears!!!

First half was never ending!! I was concerned about the Martin County fans getting home so late and having a lengthy drive. Believe me, I can empathize!!

I also appreciated them standing until the colors left the field. Most folks don't do that and that kind of respect means a lot to me.
The campus at HC is beautiful. Beautiful setting for high school football. Like I said in a different post, HC fan base and coaching staff are class acts. Good luck the rest of the way!
Would you be surprised if I told you I have an actual picture of a real black bear that visited the stadium?
Confusednicker:

I always watch out for that kind of thing, especially since we are so close to the river.
Granny Bear is 1st class fan

Ralph Furley is a no class fan
Danielbellcounty50 Wrote:nice win for harlan county they take on knox central next week, Knox central just 22-7 over southwestern. Harlan should beat knox next week..

I think Southwestern beat Harlan County in a scrimmage. It will be a tough test for Harlan County.
Granny Bear Wrote:Would you be surprised if I told you I have an actual picture of a real black bear that visited the stadium?
Confusednicker:

I always watch out for that kind of thing, especially since we are so close to the river.
We seen one on Pine Mountain. Ran right in front of the bus!
MC may have lost, but it sounds like they're turning things around and heading in the right direction.
Not saying Knox won't beat HC but you can't compare the Southwestern scrimmage. HC had 6 starters that didn't play in that scrimmage most of those were there o and d lines which is there strength and HC rotated the starting QB and backup every series. There top corner didn't play either.
Cardinals ride Wrote:We seen one on Pine Mountain. Ran right in front of the bus!
I have no problem believing that at all! I've seen many up there.

Theoz Wrote:MC may have lost, but it sounds like they're turning things around and heading in the right direction.
I agree. Those kids never stopped trying and I appreciated their work ethic.

Footballcrazyman Wrote:Not saying Knox won't beat HC but you can't compare the Southwestern scrimmage. HC had 6 starters that didn't play in that scrimmage most of those were there o and d lines which is there strength and HC rotated the starting QB and backup every series. There top corner didn't play either.
Knox will be a yardstick game for us. I don't think we've played anyone as strong as the Panthers so far. I will say this much; we can't have 120 yards in penalties in the first half and expect a good outcome. Creech will have them ready to play, I will also say that!!