Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Summer Wooden Bat Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Results from the first 2 games tonight:
Pikeville Bombers-3
Montgomery Co.-0

Pikeville Bombers-1
Johnson Central-0

Games scheduled for tomorrow:

Paintsville vs Johnson Central-10:00
Johnson Central vs Montgomery Co.-12:30
Paintsville vs Montgomery Co.-3:00
Sounds like a great day of baseball. Any long shots with the wood sticks today? Good Luck to everyone tomorrow.
OffTheHook Wrote:Sounds like a great day of baseball. Any long shots with the wood sticks today? Good Luck to everyone tomorrow.
Yes, Scott McDonald for the Bombers, hit a HR in the top of the 7th, for the 1-0 victory over Johnson Central.

This was a great game, as Luke Huffman threw a complete game and Tyler Isaac, was equally impressive.
Would have loved to have heard the sound of that ball leaving the bat. No sound like a homer off a piece of wood! Good Luck tomorrow!
Well, gotta go. Got a big day of baseball myself tomorrow. I wil let you know what happens. Good Luck.
Any broken bats??
LCC_Cougar Wrote:Any broken bats??
Only 1, over the 2 day Classic. Here are the results, from today.

Paintsville beat Johnson Central 2-1, in game 1.

Johnson Central, defeated Montgomery Co. 8-7 in 8 innings.

Montgomery Co. defeated Paintsville, 7-6 in the last game.

Great day of games and all the players, seemed to really like the wooden bats. This will be an annual event and even discussion, of the Tiger Classic, being wooden bats during the regular season, in '08.
I really liked the wooden bats. It puts a lot more emphasis on playing good defense.
yeah, it was sumthin different. nice idea guys. i think the Tiger Classic being "wood bat" would be a good idea. one thing i noticed....it seemed to me like there was a lot of balls that came off the bat with that weird left-to-right english on them that jus sorta squibbed out towards right field. what do you guys think the reason for that? the different feel of the bat in their hands or what?
The Guru Wrote:I really liked the wooden bats. It puts a lot more emphasis on playing good defense.

Gives the pitcher a huge advantage.
Great weekend of baseball. Heard alot of good compliments from both fans and teams/coaches.