Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bath Co @ Powell County 9/6/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bath is 1-1 this season defeating Lewis Co 27-7 and defeated by Rowan Co 41-7.

Powell is 0-2 being defeated by Montgomery 33-14 and Estill 36-14.

Powell is much better than what they showed Friday night against Estill. I’m sure the Pirates have practiced hard this week and will hopefully come out playing like the team I know they are.

Powell traveled to Bath Co last year, where they played and the game was postponed until the next day. The Pirates were cheated that game. It had been lightning for 30 mins or better but when the Pirates started to gain momentum the refs then noticed the lightning :HitWall: The pirates went back to Bath County to finish the game the next day and was defeated 40-13.

Hoping to see the Pirates bounce back this week and make this a good game.

GO PIRATES!!!TongueirateSho
The Pirates definitely have the talent there, hopefully they have made the necessary adjustments to be competitive
PoCofootball Wrote:Bath is 1-1 this season defeating Lewis Co 27-7 and defeated by Rowan Co 41-7.

Powell is 0-2 being defeated by Montgomery 33-14 and Estill 36-14.

Powell is much better than what they showed Friday night against Estill. I’m sure the Pirates have practiced hard this week and will hopefully come out playing like the team I know they are.

Powell traveled to Bath Co last year, where they played and the game was postponed until the next day. The Pirates were cheated that game. It had been lightning for 30 mins or better but when the Pirates started to gain momentum the refs then noticed the lightning :HitWall: The pirates went back to Bath County to finish the game the next day and was defeated 40-13.

Hoping to see the Pirates bounce back this week and make this a good game.

GO PIRATES!!!TongueirateSho

Hard to get cheated out of 27 points! Ouch!

Sounds like a lot of excuses coming from the Powell Co camp these days!
jumpshooter Wrote:Hard to get cheated out of 27 points! Ouch!

Sounds like a lot of excuses coming from the Powell Co camp these days!

It was 14-7 in the 2nd quarter when Powell started getting momentum. Then the refs called it. Powell traveled home then had to turn around travel back to Bath Co for the game, which resumed at 11AM. I’m not making any excuses, we got beat. However had the game continued that Friday night I believe the score would have been a lot closer and Powell may have just won that game. A lot of the predictions was for a Pirate win.

Just like to see the Pirates come back from two losses and seek revenge for last years game.
This is the worst year Bath Co. is having/going to have in years. There offense is outdated and just simply don’t work anymore especially without good line play. They are not good at all. With that being said, Powell returns at home with a big loss to their rival. Seeking revenge and hungry the Pirates SHOULD have an advantage in this one. Offense needs to play a lot better just like I said last week but I think the Pirates may be a touchdown favorite in this one.

Both teams need this win to get some confidence back for the rest of the season.

If Powell plays the backup like they should have last week. Powell wins 21-16.
Im not sure if the backup will matter or not. but I would like to see powell turn it around this week. with that being said however bath is a good hard nosed team usually so we will have to see how it pans out.
Bath doesn’t have anything this year. If the game is close in the 2nd half I think Powell will win. Bath has bad conditioning and no depth

Powell- 28
Bath- 14
waughdaddy59 Wrote:Im not sure if the backup will matter or not. but I would like to see powell turn it around this week. with that being said however bath is a good hard nosed team usually so we will have to see how it pans out.
Bath Co. is honestly bad. If Powell loses tommorow night at home then they won’t win another game all season.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Bath Co. is honestly bad. If Powell loses tommorow night at home then they won’t win another game all season.

I heard Bath didn’t have much before I made this thread. I believe the Pirates really need this win to gain confidence.
Each teams are unproven. Idk I just feel like I cant trust Powell without skidmore. Give me the Cats comfortably.
Instant Oatmeal Wrote:Each teams are unproven. Idk I just feel like I cant trust Powell without skidmore. Give me the Cats comfortably.

I don’t think it’ll be a very high scoring game for either side. Losing Skidmore was like losing custody rights to a kid for the Pirates. Goodluck to both teams tonight and pray for safe travels and no injury’s. I’ll be in Jackson on the riverbank tonight. Like I said before..
Pirates 21-16.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:I don’t think it’ll be a very high scoring game for either side. Losing Skidmore was like losing custody rights to a kid for the Pirates. Goodluck to both teams tonight and pray for safe travels and no injury’s. I’ll be in Jackson on the riverbank tonight. Like I said before..
Pirates 21-16.

Powell struggles against the spread but bath runs a power offense. Still though powell won't be able to stop bath at all. The only thing is bath's run heavy approach will drain the clock. I'll take bath 34-7 but it will feel a lot worse than that. Powell's offense only scored 1 td last week and they threw a pick 6. So essentially scored 0 points. It ain't a good product down in stanton anymore. Bath is a solid team with some big players on defense and at fullback. Could get ugly, bath's defense will deliver some big hits.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Bath Co. is honestly bad. If Powell loses tommorow night at home then they won’t win another game all season.

Pburg, Lewis and Paris?
Updated prediction 49-7 bath. Powell's td comes late. Run that clock
Instant Oatmeal Wrote:Updated prediction 49-7 bath. Powell's td comes late. Run that clock

Sorry Oatmeal. Powell just scored. 6-0.
Beginning of 2nd quarter 6-0 Powell
Bath scored 7-6 Bath
Tyler Charles with a big run after receiving kickoff. Called back for a personal foul. First drive Mullins with a touchdown. 12-7 Powell
Powell stopped Bath on downs. 4:10 left in second quarter. Powell has ball on their own 26
Bath scored. 13-12 Bath kick was blocked. 1:34 in the half.
Half time 13-12 Bath Co. Bath Co will have the ball first in the second half.
Didn't see that coming.
4th quarter 13-12 Bath. Powell has ball on Bath’s 42
Bath Co scored 19-12. 5 minutes left in the 4th.