Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jamele Hill is a complete idiot....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone see her on First Take on ESPN2 this morning? I swear anything and everything that happens is because someone is racist, or someone has racist tendencies...

In one segment she said Bud Selig has racist tendencies, NBA refeeres have racist tendencies, and PETA is somewhat racist...

I really wish they would pull her off the air... tikes me off like no other...
FreakNasty Wrote:anyone see her on First Take on ESPN2 this morning? I swear anything and everything that happens is because someone is racist, or someone has racist tendencies...

In one segment she said Bud Selig has racist tendencies, NBA refeeres have racist tendencies, and PETA is somewhat racist...

I really wish they would pull her off the air... tikes me off like no other...

I've almost given up watching "First Take" anymore since the set change and the fact that Woody isn't doing 1st and 10 with Skip anymore...Of course Woody Paige and the mountains beloved Jay Crawford have been accused of sexual harassment by a former "Cold Pizza" makeup artist. That's why Woody left the program, but still appears on "Around the Horn."
jammin' jamey Wrote:I've almost given up watching "First Take" anymore since the set change and the fact that Woody isn't doing 1st and 10 with Skip anymore...Of course Woody Paige and the mountains beloved Jay Crawford have been accused of sexual harassment by a former "Cold Pizza" makeup artist. That's why Woody left the program, but still appears on "Around the Horn."

I always thought Woody left because his sister was sick....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Paige

Another link...

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/03/espn-h...arassment/

However, it does say right below there that there was sexual harrassment allegations... I know it's not "politically" correct, but how often do these things turn out to be just a money run?

It's gotten to be as bad as sportcenter... I say bring back Thea Andrews and Kit Hoover...
ESPN has really went downhill in a hurry in my opinion. I remember when Sportscenter had awesome segments like the "NBA Beat" with David Aldridge, as well as a sports business segment, now they have things like that idiotic "who's now" tournament among other things.
I agree ESPN is going down hill. When they fired Harold Reynolds from Baseball Tonight for telling a sexual content joke to another male coworker and was overheard by one of them damn idiotic women they have working there. I cant wait until Fox or somebody hires Harold.
I agree! I hardly even watch an episode anymore. The Best Damn Sports Show Period eats it!
clipperw Wrote:ESPN has really went downhill in a hurry in my opinion. I remember when Sportscenter had awesome segments like the "NBA Beat" with David Aldridge, as well as a sports business segment, now they have things like that idiotic "who's now" tournament among other things.

It's a huge problem... they are getting away from sports and making it "glitzy" entertainment... Who's gives a rats about who's "now"? Do we really need three guys opinion on how hot Maria Sharapova is? That kind of stuff has it's niche on sports radio (which is great BTW)... but a sports highlight show is that... a highlight show. Give me highlights, give me analysis, give me what to watch for... dont give me the crap....

I can understand a feature story on somebody every once in a while, but the Sunday Night Sportscenter has basically turned into a 60 Minutes type of show...
I used to enjoy the 6 pm nightly sportscenter many years ago, thats when they had those segments that I previously mentioned and had some great features, now its turned into overhype much like the highlight sportscenter. ESPN used to be more balanced with stories, now its all about the Yankees/Red Sox etc. It kind of reminds me of how MTV got away from its original format.
FreakNasty Wrote:I always thought Woody left because his sister was sick....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Paige

Another link...

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/03/espn-h...arassment/

However, it does say right below there that there was sexual harrassment allegations... I know it's not "politically" correct, but how often do these things turn out to be just a money run?

It's gotten to be as bad as sportcenter... I say bring back Thea Andrews and Kit Hoover...

I was speculating that Sexual Harassment was the reason Paige left the show - you may be right about his sister...Either way, I agree with everyone else, ESPN is losing it's grip on being the authority...Good example is "NASCAR Now" with Erik Kusilieus (or however you spell the losers name) he's an ESPN radio stick-and-ball guy trying to hype NASCAR and it's horrible...
Best Damn is by far my favorite sports show. ESPN has turned a gradual decline into a quick one. I agree with Freak that Jamele Hill is a complete idiot. She's just trying to play the race card because she doesnt know anything going on elsewhere. NBA referees have racist tendencies? Yeah, did someone forget to point out that there's a handful of white players in the league. Bud Selig wont be at #756 because of his loyalty to his black friend, the owner of #755. Jeez. She's a complete dumbass. I used to love Cold Pizza too, when it first aired, and I used to love watching 1st and 10 when Woody used to school Skip, but I swear, barely anything is worth watching on there anymore. I remember when I was in high school, I'd get up 30 minutes early so I could watch the full SportsCenter before I had to get ready for school. Best Damn for entertainment and storylines, and FSN Final Score for highlights. But I agree, ESPN is quickly getting away from what made it great, and anytime anybody starts trying to be the politically correct, it worsens. They are prime examples.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I was speculating that Sexual Harassment was the reason Paige left the show - you may be right about his sister...Either way, I agree with everyone else, ESPN is losing it's grip on being the authority...Good example is "NASCAR Now" with Erik Kusilieus (or however you spell the losers name) he's an ESPN radio stick-and-ball guy trying to hype NASCAR and it's horrible...
Woody and Jay Crawford wass accused of sexual harrasment. ESPN is becoming famously known as the sexual harrasment network instead of the sports network.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Best Damn is by far my favorite sports show. ESPN has turned a gradual decline into a quick one. I agree with Freak that Jamele Hill is a complete idiot. She's just trying to play the race card because she doesnt know anything going on elsewhere. NBA referees have racist tendencies? Yeah, did someone forget to point out that there's a handful of white players in the league. Bud Selig wont be at #756 because of his loyalty to his black friend, the owner of #755. Jeez. She's a complete dumbass. I used to love Cold Pizza too, when it first aired, and I used to love watching 1st and 10 when Woody used to school Skip, but I swear, barely anything is worth watching on there anymore. I remember when I was in high school, I'd get up 30 minutes early so I could watch the full SportsCenter before I had to get ready for school. Best Damn for entertainment and storylines, and FSN Final Score for highlights. But I agree, ESPN is quickly getting away from what made it great, and anytime anybody starts trying to be the politically correct, it worsens. They are prime examples.

I agree completely, ESPN no longer thinks of themselves as a sports network, now they think they need to change the world. They have become so politically correct lately it's ridiculous. I just saw an interview this morning with Bobby Bowden, and he mentioned how Charlie Ward was 'a fine Christian young man'. The ESPN guy just completely ignored Bowden's comment and changed the subject.

I also agree that it's just plain stupid to say that the reason people don't want Bonds to break the record is racism, when it's another black man who currently holds the record. The difference is most baseball fans (including Bud Selig) regard Hank Aaron with respect for what he did, how he did it, and what he had to go through when he broke the record. Bonds, on the other hand, is a surly, pompous, dirtbag who likely cheated to get to where he is now. It's not racism; if he was white, I still think no one would like him.
your exactly right bro...I wouldnt care what color the guy is breaking the record, but I just despise Bonds. You hit the nail on the head though. He's a real bastard. A cheater, and a liar. And I despised him when he was in Pittsburgh (I was Andy Van Slyke's biggest fan, lol)...I still dont want Bonds to break it though. When he does, I'll THEN get interested in the chase and pull for A-Rod, Pujols, whoever comes close to breaking it..hopefully it wont stand long..
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree completely, ESPN no longer thinks of themselves as a sports network, now they think they need to change the world. They have become so politically correct lately it's ridiculous. I just saw an interview this morning with Bobby Bowden, and he mentioned how Charlie Ward was 'a fine Christian young man'. The ESPN guy just completely ignored Bowden's comment and changed the subject.

I also agree that it's just plain stupid to say that the reason people don't want Bonds to break the record is racism, when it's another black man who currently holds the record. The difference is most baseball fans (including Bud Selig) regard Hank Aaron with respect for what he did, how he did it, and what he had to go through when he broke the record. Bonds, on the other hand, is a surly, pompous, dirtbag who likely cheated to get to where he is now. It's not racism; if he was white, I still think no one would like him.