Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville football coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i heard the other day from a friend of mine in johnson county that there was some people mad at the coaches. my opinion they really need a true offensive coordinator because there head coach doesnt know much about calling offensive plays. what does everybody else think
valleyrules101 Wrote:i heard the other day from a friend of mine in johnson county that there was some people mad at the coaches. my opinion they really need a true offensive coordinator because there head coach doesnt know much about calling offensive plays. what does everybody else think
It sounds like that people in Johnson Co. stay mad at the coaches!!
valleyrules101 Wrote:i heard the other day from a friend of mine in johnson county that there was some people mad at the coaches. my opinion they really need a true offensive coordinator because there head coach doesnt know much about calling offensive plays. what does everybody else think

First off, do not confuse PHS with Johnson County.

Second, Allen knows what he's doing. Who do we need at OC? J. Daniels? Please.

I think we will see a big turnaround for PHS this year. Likely 2nd to Pikeville, but better record and more athletic looking play.
#1TigerFan Wrote:First off, do not confuse PHS with Johnson County.

I think we will see a big turnaround for PHS this year. Likely 2nd to Pikeville, but better record and more athletic looking play.

:thatsfunn

after losing DP, it be hard to get more athletic, at least from the QB spot, in my opinion.
#1TigerFan Wrote:First off, do not confuse PHS with Johnson County.

Don't worry, no one will confuse Paintsville with Johnson County in football for many years to come!! LOL....you asked for that one!!!!!
Ring'Em Up Wrote::thatsfunn

after losing DP, it be hard to get more athletic, at least from the QB spot, in my opinion.

The QB position isn't the only position on the field. Losin DP will hurt bad on both sides of the ball, but all around they will more athletic this year.

Give coach Allen a break, it was his first year as head coach and he had ALOT of pressure on him.
For one thing, you all need to realize that the only goal in life for Vallyrules101 is to try to get some stink stirred up on something.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:For one thing, you all need to realize that the only goal in life for Vallyrules101 is to try to get some stink stirred up on something.

And the funny thing is that Valley can't even beat Paintsville. I can't think of one year that Valley coulda beat Paintsville. What's even funnier is how someone from Valley could talk about some other teams coaches.
Jt Allen Will Do Fine At Paintsville.
I believe if you really look into it, the original comment that started this strain was about the parents being upset. The fact is that football wasn't the sport the parents were upset about, it was baseball and everything was blown completely out of context, as usual.
Watchful Eye Wrote:I believe if you really look into it, the original comment that started this strain was about the parents being upset. The fact is that football wasn't the sport the parents were upset about, it was baseball and everything was blown completely out of context, as usual.

There were alot of parents upset with the coaches last year, especially about coach Allen's play callin. Like I said earlier, it was his first year and he had alot of pressure on him. He will do much better this year IMO.
Parents and fans ALWAYS question coaches play calling...right or wrong, dealing with second guessing is part of coaching.

Most teams would be a lot better off if fans and parents would give as much energy to SUPPORTING a prgram as many do trashing one.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:For one thing, you all need to realize that the only goal in life for Vallyrules101 is to try to get some stink stirred up on something.

I've noticed that also. On almost every post regardless of the forum, this person seems to be negative about Johnson County and Paintsville. Why so interested and more importantly, why so negative?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Parents and fans ALWAYS question coaches play calling...right or wrong, dealing with second guessing is part of coaching.

Most teams would be a lot better off if fans and parents would give as much energy to SUPPORTING a prgram as many do trashing one.

Amen. Athletics would be much more rewarding, for coaches, players and parents, if that were the case.
One of the truest statements I ever heard.
Watchful Eye Wrote:One of the truest statements I ever heard.
i agree.
Wasn't JTA the OC before he became head coach or DC... I don't remember but it's not like he doesn't know what he was doing... for one thing they lost 15 seniors and they were basically the WR, OL, and DL... so he was set-up for failure this past year...
cardinalfan27 Wrote:Wasn't JTA the OC before he became head coach or DC... I don't remember but it's not like he doesn't know what he was doing... for one thing they lost 15 seniors and they were basically the WR, OL, and DL... so he was set-up for failure this past year...
I don't think alot of people put those type of factors into their negative comments about Coach Allen. For what he has to work with, he seems to be doing the best he can. The year Runyon coached he had a very good Class A sideline on that Paintsville squad but as you commented about 90-95% of them graduated after that season.
Watchful Eye Wrote:I don't think alot of people put those type of factors into their negative comments about Coach Allen. For what he has to work with, he seems to be doing the best he can. The year Runyon coached he had a very good Class A sideline on that Paintsville squad but as you commented about 90-95% of them graduated after that season.

why do you think runyon left he knew he was going to rebuild, and he wanted to leave on a high note.
also i do believe jta was more to do with conditioning than anything. he definitely was not the oc see when runyon was there. last year was he first year as oc and was very green. he did the best he could with the little bit of knowledge he had as an oc. he will do a lot better this year and with vanhoose running the show they should be exciting to watch. good luck tigers:rockon:
What's so special about VanHoose, he definately isn't another Pugh.
No he's not and from the political pressures that were put on administrators off the field that could be a good thing.
Ring'Em Up Wrote::thatsfunn

Dp is over rated. he didnt do anyhing last year "edited personal attack"
DB3 Wrote:Dp is over rated. he didnt do anyhing last year "edited personal attack...
All he did last year was go out and compete hard every game. It isn't his fault his coach may not have the most experience. It also isn't his fault he had little to play with last year. This is a high school sports thread not a personal bash somebody for stealing my job thread. Heck it isn't really even a I don't like him because he knocked me out thread. Pugh is a good kid and an excellent athlete. We would have been thrilled to have him be a part of our school.
Your right bigpun. He was not overrated, he's a fine athlete and will be a good college athlete. My post wasn't comparing him and Vanhoose in anyway. Vanhoose only has one year to be successful at quaterback position and Pugh was very successful there for several. The attention I was trying to draw was toward the fact there was opposing forces colliding off the field that made alot problems for some of the kids either playing football or one's wanting to play football. I believe with Pugh being successful and moving on to brighter and bigger things in college it might subside. It wasn't ever the kids, it was as usual the parents playing games without a referee.
DB3 Wrote:Dp is over rated. he didnt do anyhing last year "edited personal attack"

Your right he only set the school record for most career TD's for a QB and he did make the All-State team. But I guess he was over rated.
ok well i didnt mean over rated but i know a lot of pple think he is like a super star able to play sec football. and he isnt. he isnt good comepared to a lexington team or even louisville..but who cares. srry i dogged him..but good luck to paintsville..
DB3 Wrote:Dp is over rated. he didnt do anyhing last year "edited personal attack"

Lets see now, 46 consecutive starts and finishes at QB. Produced 107 touchdowns. All state. Only player to at Paintsville to start at QB since his 1st game as a freshman and do so for 4 years. Played through a lot of nagging injuries. All time leader for touchdowns at QB in school's history. I must be missing something. How is he over rated ?