Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne County @ Rockcastle County 9/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wayne county (1-1) comes to the Rock (1-1). This matchup is usually always a good game to watch. Wayne is coming in after losing to Pulaski and Rock is coming off a win over Casey County. Who gets the win in this matchup?
I don't think Rockcastle County can stop Braedon Sloan. The Rockets will hang close for awhile but the Cardinals pull it off 34-20.
Easy game for me to pick :Hammer3::Hammer3:

Wayne County 42
Rockcastle County 13
How good is Wayne's run defense? Rock's is fairly solid and they defend vertical routes well. Rock has a pretty good line, a quick QB, and a quick sturdy running back. I've played this Wayne team before and IMO, they were similar to Rock at the time we played them. I have no idea who has picked up more athletes along the way.
Wayne Co - 27
The Rock - 20
Wayne County 35-14
smoke1015 Wrote:How good is Wayne's run defense? Rock's is fairly solid and they defend vertical routes well. Rock has a pretty good line, a quick QB, and a quick sturdy running back. I've played this Wayne team before and IMO, they were similar to Rock at the time we played them. I have no idea who has picked up more athletes along the way.

Defend vertical routes well? Didn't Somerset go over the top on them at will, including on the 1st play of the game? It sure looked like it on film.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Defend vertical routes well? Didn't Somerset go over the top on them at will, including on the 1st play of the game? It sure looked like it on film.

Somerset will go over the top with any team them play this year! Wayne is not Somerset not even close. Rock has defended the deep ball better and will continue to as the season progresses our DB and safeties are relatively young and will get better. Somerset it a juggernaut and will likely win 2A. The QB is legit and has D1 offers with very good accuracy and WR are very speedy for Somerset. Rock will be the underdog but won’t lose even close to the same score as the Somerset game they will very much have a chance in this game as Rock and Wayne play same style of football. Look for a closer game between these two schools.
Wayne 35
Rock 14
Walt Longmire Wrote:Defend vertical routes well? Didn't Somerset go over the top on them at will, including on the 1st play of the game? It sure looked like it on film.

Somerset ain't a normal team, and you think they might have worked on that after getting a bit exposed?
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Somerset will go over the top with any team them play this year! Wayne is not Somerset not even close. Rock has defended the deep ball better and will continue to as the season progresses our DB and safeties are relatively young and will get better. Somerset it a juggernaut and will likely win 2A. The QB is legit and has D1 offers with very good accuracy and WR are very speedy for Somerset. Rock will be the underdog but won’t lose even close to the same score as the Somerset game they will very much have a chance in this game as Rock and Wayne play same style of football. Look for a closer game between these two schools.

Somerset will have a big test this Friday but I think they are going to show the state what it's dealing with (at least 2A) after this game. If Somerset doesn't win this game I'll be surprised. If they lose without it being competitive I'll be shocked. And Beechwood will be more motivated than even usual.
Rock has no chance to stop Sloan Wayne by at least 3 tds
I think Rock can hang with Wayne county for the majority of the game can rock beat them yes but will take a great game plan and solid execution. Not impossible but will be a long shot. Should keep it within a couple scores. Looking forward to see if Rock can put it all together
Cards by 12
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Somerset will go over the top with any team them play this year! Wayne is not Somerset not even close. Rock has defended the deep ball better and will continue to as the season progresses our DB and safeties are relatively young and will get better. Somerset it a juggernaut and will likely win 2A. The QB is legit and has D1 offers with very good accuracy and WR are very speedy for Somerset. Rock will be the underdog but won’t lose even close to the same score as the Somerset game they will very much have a chance in this game as Rock and Wayne play same style of football. Look for a closer game between these two schools.

Do you know if Wayne Co. has any players with D1 offers?

Do you know what Wayne County’s run/pass break down has been over the past 10 years?

Just wondering if prediction is based on facts or wishful thinking?
Wayne County 34
Rockcastle Co. 17
Wayne Co. wins it 35-14.
Wayne Hung with PC last week. PC is a bit better then everyone expected. This would be another tough test for my Rockets. Rock would have to put together a solid 4 quarters to pull of this one.