Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County vs. Harlan County 9/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both teams are 2-0 on the year thoughts and predictions?
Pulling for Martin County in this one
:pondering:
Hope Martin County wins but will be a big challenge for the Cardinals
Harlan County 35
Martin County 14

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
If MC doesn’t show up to play it will be a very long night. Really gonna have to execute this week to stand a chance. But the Cards do have some pieces that can hurt the Bears.
Harlan County 33-27
Harlan county in a route.
Harlan Co should win... Don’t understand the weak schedule
WeDemBoys Wrote:Harlan Co should win... Don’t understand the weak schedule

They opened with Hazard. How do you call that weak?
They had scheduled Harlan Ind-1A, Hazard isn’t even top 3 or 4 maybe not even 5 in 1A, Martin Co isn’t great... All I’m saying is it won’t pay off when they meet up with Johnson Central... Lucky bottom half of their region in 5A went with them to 4A
Sheldon Clark is probably playing the best team on their schedule. I don't think they can win.

Black Bears by 28+
Real Badman Wrote:Sheldon Clark is probably playing the best team on their schedule. I don't think they can win.

Black Bears by 28+

I definitely think this is the best team on our schedule. No doubt this is the best team we have had in awhile. Just feels good to be 2-0 and playing a tough opponent to measure our progress. In the grand scheme of things this game means nothing. Will be good to play a big physical team that will give you a good dose of reality.
I agree. This Cards team isn't the same team that lined up in 09. SC is building back slowly.
I know NOTHING about Martin County, but still pulling for my Black Bears!!!

Safe travels Martin Co.

Bears by two TDs!!!
Harlan Co. by as many as they want. I'll go with a running clock by the 3rd quarter at the latest!
HC has Knox Central, Wayne County, and Bell County left on there non district and Hazard will win a lot of games this year so to say HC is playing a weak schedule you might want to look at the entire schedule before making judgements.
Definitely not judging I think they have a good team... I just don’t understand thought process on these first 3 games... Bell, Wayne, and Knox are good teams just seems a lot of big school wanna pick in the 1A schools... Best of Luck to the Black Bears
It will be a long night for Martin County. Harlan County will score early and often.
Black Bears 48
Cardinals 12
WeDemBoys Wrote:Definitely not judging I think they have a good team... I just don’t understand thought process on these first 3 games... Bell, Wayne, and Knox are good teams just seems a lot of big school wanna pick in the 1A schools... Best of Luck to the Black Bears
I wouldn’t call it picking on a 1A school when Hazard beat them the last two meetings. Year in and year out Hazard has an excellent team and will no doubt make a run as they’ll get better this season. The Harlan game is a head scratcher somewhat but i think that was more of a county thing that everyone up there has wanted since HC opened its doors. Yes it would have been ugly and ugly fast had they played the game but they didn’t and cancelled next years also. The last couple of years HC has had a pretty tough schedule overall, those contracts were up and it was time to put together a new schedule and everyone knows sometimes you just take what you can get when you can get it.
They have had tough schedules years past .. Prob why it caught me off guard so much and your prob right about having to get what they could
Harlan County was so good early they couldn't get anyone to play them after the first six years and the schedule was much too tough the last five years or so. It's plenty tough enough now.
This Martin Co team isnt no easy game if Harlen Co come out over looking cause a small school then they will be beat this Martin Co team has speed they get the edge they are pay dirt Harlan Co hasnt been world beater in awhile this is going to be a ball game dont be shocked if Martin Co dont leave with a W not saying they will but it will be a ball game
Harlan County's record hasn't been as good lately, due in part to the schedule, but they were in the state final four in 5A two years ago and won a district championship last year.
Things are looking up for Martin County and their off to a great start but the Bears will be to much...

Harlan County 35
Martin County 17
Granny's Bears by 20
Excited to head to HC Friday. Take on a quality opponent and get better. Gonna try to earn some respect and sneak out of HC with a W!
^^
Safe travels!!!
Cards in a close one on the road
MC 28
HC 20
Harlan County 28-14
Pages: 1 2