Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ludlow 36 Bracken Co. 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well boys. The Head Honcho isn't doing so well.

After two insanely successful coaching regimes had this Polar Bear Express heading into the pantheon of USA High School Football programs, the chainsaw Coach Carver has come in and carved us down into oblivion.

I can't help but wonder if Carver wasn't the right fit. Surely, after 3 winning seasons, and community support at an all time high, people were beating the door down to get this job? Surely someone who knows our culture, and who could run this program well could be here?

I felt good going into this game. I'd set a new personal best by eating 4 pork tenderloin sandwiches before the game, I had my spot, just below the press box and all my in-game essentials. Then we kicked off. And my hopes were dashed. When the rain came, I thought for sure we would get back in it, Carver is a ground and pound coach, his football was made for the rain! But no. We struggled defensively, and looked abysmal on offense.

The surprise onside kick to start the second half had potential to turn the game, but clearly, it just wasn't meant to be.

I will say. There were some positives, we shut them out in the second half, and thats when you really need your defense to step up! And, it looked like the boys were having fun out there.

Let's withold judgment for next week when the 2-0 Wildcats from Pendleton come to town. Carver knows that program inside and out, hopefully, he can use that knowledge to get the Polar Bears back on track!
I've never paid them any attention before this season, but this guy's got me rooting for Bracken County.
Congrats to Ludlow. He has drank the Kool aid. It was spiked with cost cutter gin.
Bracken County had more momentum than they could've ever hoped for coming off 3 winning seasons in a row. Should've brought in a head coach that kids would want to play for.
Bandit29 Wrote:Bracken County had more momentum than they could've ever hoped for coming off 3 winning seasons in a row. Should've brought in a head coach that kids would want to play for.

Bracken is a tough sell. Very small county.....few kids.....no tradition to speak of. Most of the kids would rather play basketball....and not necessarily at Bracken....
Bandit29 Wrote:Bracken County had more momentum than they could've ever hoped for coming off 3 winning seasons in a row. Should've brought in a head coach that kids would want to play for.

I heard through the grapevine we had people lined up at the door to apply. And with community support and facilities like we have? It doesn’t surprise me one bit!

I believe in Carver. He just needs some time. He’ll prove it this weekend when he drubs the Pendleton County Wildcats!