Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Berea 21 Harlan 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Harlan.
Pirates move to 2-0.
I would not be surprised if Harlan goes winless this year.
Congrats to my nephew and the Berea Pirates. Keep grinding.
Way to go Pirates!
I doubt Harlan goes winless. They played us tough. Just comparing scores, I say they are favored against Lynn Camp.
By winning 2 games already Larry Thacker should win coach of the year...with all Coach Stepp has been through the last 2 months, Coach Thacker has stepped in had those boys ready! Happy for the Pirates...Berea only team in Madison County to have a win...and they got 2!!!!!!!
Congrats to Berea. One of pleasant surprises this year
Congratulations to my 2 nephews the Whitaker boys:Thumbs:
I’m still scratching my head over the “Player of the Game” awards. Offensive and defensive awards were given to Harlan players? I know 51 for Berea had a lot of tackles and forced a couple of fumbles. Also pretty sure that Berea has more penalty yards than Harlan has total offense lol
Really happy for the Berea Pirates! It's a hell of a start for team of kids that hasn't seen much love or success for a long time. SOMETHING is different there...coaching, attitude or athleticism....something! I'm not saying that the two teams they beat are challengers for a title, but, for them to just win game(s) and back to back to boot and one of those games a long road trip to the hills. That's something! The pulse is getting stronger! Good job boys!
A bunch of things at Berea have changed. New coaching staff, both high school and middle school have brought a winning mentality to the school. Athletes are wanting to play football and are being developed and locally; there is a number of kids choosing Berea over Southern. Regardless, the schedule was built this year to create excitement within the community and make these kids believe they are winners. Should be many more wins to come if they stay level headed and keep working hard.
Redneck Wrote:I’m still scratching my head over the “Player of the Game” awards. Offensive and defensive awards were given to Harlan players? I know 51 for Berea had a lot of tackles and forced a couple of fumbles. Also pretty sure that Berea has more penalty yards than Harlan has total offense lol

Nothing against Berea there. The Harlan radio station always gives those to two Harlan players.

Harlan had 110 yards in penalties by the way, so that part was pretty even.
Congrats to Berea!!!