Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 27 Hopkinsville 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Lucky to get a win.
Mayfield has a few things to work on for next week. This game will be good for the Cards in the long run.
Lucky to field a team this week. Flu bug got us. I know we were without our starting center and from what I was told, another lineman or 2 was sick. Kade also was sick and had to have help to be able to breath tonight. However, I think Hoptown looked pretty good. A good mixture of size and speed. However, not impressed with either team in the night cap here in Stadium of Champions.
mysonis55 Wrote:Lucky to field a team this week. Flu bug got us. I know we were without our starting center and from what I was told, another lineman or 2 was sick. Kade also was sick and had to have help to be able to breath tonight. However, I think Hoptown looked pretty good. A good mixture of size and speed. However, not impressed with either team in the night cap here in Stadium of Champions.

Good thing you didn't get to play CAL like y'all wanted.
Cal was in nightcap and from what I saw was not as impressed as thought i would be.
Good teams find a way to win on bad nights, it was ugly, however u want to spin it, we weren’t ready for this game, I personally think our kids were to confident after last weeks win and thought they could beat the Steelers, hoptown didn’t get that memo. U can bet the farm it’ll be a different Cardinals team take the field next week
I know we had some health issues and we may have been overlooking someone but, I was extremely shocked with how well Hoptown played. They may play their way up the polls and deep into playoffs.
Snakesnot Wrote:Mayfield has a few things to work on for next week. This game will be good for the Cards in the long run.

Lol! Mayfield isn't perfect. Their not going to win every game with a running clock. They'll be games like this, as with every other good/great teams. This score hasn't changed my mind about the Cards one bit. Their still top dogs in 2A. The main thing is they pulled out the win. That's what great teams do on off nights. Lastly, Hop-Town came to play and deserve some credit for the close score as well. Congrats to you guys. You went toe to toe with a powerhouse and never flinched. Outstanding effort!
Jayden Stinson- 11-23, 318 yards, 3 TDs
Hoptown better than advertised. Congrats to Mayfield
Stink, stink, stink.....on a positive we pulled off the 4q comeback. Hats off to Hoptown who had a great game plan. Once they new they could play with us they took it to us and for most of the game they smelled blood in the water Thankfully we bowed our necks and did what we had to in the 4th to get a win. Somehow I felt we would find a way but dang it I’m not use to having the late heroics it’s hard on a old guy like me. All the credit in the world to Hoptown. Might be what this team needs to get it done in December
2 days before the game mysonis55 predict a running clock against Hopskinsville :pondering: sure glad I didn’t predict a running clock and making excuses :mop:
64SUR Wrote:2 days before the game mysonis55 predict a running clock against Hopskinsville :pondering: sure glad I didn’t predict a running clock and making excuses :mop:

Don’t have to make excuses. I’m not sure what to think on this game. Was it due to several being sick? Was it due to being overconfident? Was it due to the heat? Was it due to Hopkinsville being better than advertised? Was it due to Mayfield not being as good as advertised? I just don’t know. I do know that Hopkinsville played hard and they have a balanced offense, good size and good speed. Could be a tough out in playoffs.
mysonis55 Wrote:Don’t have to make excuses. I’m not sure what to think on this game. Was it due to several being sick? Was it due to being overconfident? Was it due to the heat? Was it due to Hopkinsville being better than advertised? Was it due to Mayfield not being as good as advertised? I just don’t know. I do know that Hopkinsville played hard and they have a balanced offense, good size and good speed. Could be a tough out in playoffs.

Hopkinsville is a pretty good team, but I don't think they will make it far in the playoffs or even win their district. They have Madisonville in their district, and would have to see them again in 2nd round of playoffs. They also have Logan County in their district which will be another pretty good team to contend with. Mayfield is just going to have to improve. They could not stop Reece Jesse, but doubt they will face many receivers like him. He has a visit to Bama this week.
I would take this Hoptown team over Madisonville NH any time this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would take this Hoptown team over Madisonville NH any time this year.

I think it will be a good game between the 2, but I believe Madisonville will be favored. I hate that the 1st game in years that I haven't either got to attend or at least listen to on radio ends up being a barn burner.
I think some on here are too young to know who Craig Clayton is. 3rd year back with this program. It was just a matter of time. He's a hall of famer.
...............................MAYFIELD.......................HOPKINSVILLE
Rushes-yards................18-70...............................39-108
Passing-yards.................310...................................325
Come-Att-Int...............11-23-1.............................15-32-1
Total yards....................380....................................433
Well, if stats don’t lie, I think you could argue that the key to the game being close was Hopkinsville had 71 plays to mayfield had 41.
Mayfield 3rd down defense was awful could not get off the field when should have. 3rd and long we couldn't get to QB and let catch long receptions. Cards will learn and not face to many with the weapons Hoptown has. Good game to learn a lot for both teams
Congrats mayfield