Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 75 Montromery Co. 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That was a butt kicking.
Bunnies can play. Congrats Somerset
Close game but congrats to Somerset
Bunnies hopped straight out the dang stadium. Wow!! Expected a big win but not by this margin!
Congratulations Somerset! There’s a monster brewing in AA!
Still gotta go through LCA!!!
Wow! Congrats Bunnies.
Footballfan33 Wrote:Still gotta go through LCA!!!

Absolutely agree. LCA can play some football and with Somerset looking great 2A may just get interesting.
Way to go Jumpers! 75 points is a little shocking.
Scott County put 70+ on a team last week and everyone on here blasted them for it! Wonder why there isn’t anybody saying anything about this score ?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Scott County put 70+ on a team last week and everyone on here blasted them for it! Wonder why there isn’t anybody saying anything about this score ?

Somerset FRESHMEN did all the damage after the clock rolled. The freshmen put up 4-5 TDs running dive plays and a scoop and score off of a bad punt snap. Can’t tell the young bucks not to play. This wasn’t a stat padder - look at Somerset historically they never do that
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somerset FRESHMEN did all the damage after the clock rolled. The freshmen put up 4-5 TDs running dive plays and a scoop and score off of a bad punt snap. Can’t tell the young bucks not to play. This wasn’t a stat padder - look at Somerset historically they never do that

No no don’t get me wrong I’m not calling Somerset Out I was just seeing if there was a explanation
RAMDAD50 Wrote:No no don’t get me wrong I’m not calling Somerset Out I was just seeing if there was a explanation

The clock rolled after the first play of the second half - that left a lot of time on the clock for the game to finish out. Montgomery kept their 1’s in (as they should’ve) and Somerset began to substitute down at that time - the Somerset freshman are coming off of a state championship run in 8th grade and are hungry. There were a lot of young guys looking to go make plays and they did.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Scott County put 70+ on a team last week and everyone on here blasted them for it! Wonder why there isn’t anybody saying anything about this score ?
Good question. They whined all week about Scott County.
Scott put those up against a team playing their first game ever.
Scott county did it against a first year program!
Footballfan33 Wrote:Still gotta go through LCA!!!

Yes it does, one thing for sure LCA will not be able to put 10 in the Box against Somerset (like they did at Belfry) If the do Sharon and crew will destroy them.
You would think this would be a low point for MOCO football - but sadly, it is not. Very sad that a community that used to produce such great teams seems to have moved on.
Scott County dropped 72 on a team that was made up of only Freshman and a few Sophmores. Last I checked MOCO has a large roster with juniors and seniors and was supposed to be “LEGIT” guess they need to learn the meaning of legit before they say they can beat a team like Somerset. They are the real deal nice hard nose team very skilled players great QB with D1 offers they will make a run at Kroger Field. Scott County was just bitter over not getting the field at their school and ran the score up on a new first year program not the same as what Somerset did.
My prediction! Somerset Class 2A Champs!
Tica Wrote:You would think this would be a low point for MOCO football - but sadly, it is not. Very sad that a community that used to produce such great teams seems to have moved on.

I'm not sure that saying that the community has moved on is accurate. Montgomery County went 9-3 just last season. They have over 100 kids on their roster so there seems to be plenty of interest at the school. Also, their starting quarterback was out last night with a broken collarbone and they had to start a freshman in his place.
ducky Wrote:My prediction! Somerset Class 2A Champs!

Yeah right lol Mayfield will destroy them! Coach Lucas can't win the big game. Period!!! You guys act like Somerset has played somebody yet. They have beat two weak teams.
Footballfan33 Wrote:Yeah right lol Mayfield will destroy them! Coach Lucas can't win the big game. Period!!! You guys act like Somerset has played somebody yet. They have beat two weak teams.

We will see. It's still way too early, but these two seem to be on a collision course.
WoW that is all you can say!
JustThinking Wrote:Yes it does, one thing for sure LCA will not be able to put 10 in the Box against Somerset (like they did at Belfry) If the do Sharon and crew will destroy them.

LCA adjusted their defense to handle a team that doesn’t throw. That’s good coaching.
Once Somerset got the running clock, everyone who is on roster who dressed and could play, did. The reserves gave up a score and scored 4 more times.

The amount of talent on the varsity team is impressive.
CowboyDad Wrote:Once Somerset got the running clock, everyone who is on roster who dressed and could play, did. The reserves gave up a score and scored 4 more times.

The amount of talent on the varsity team is impressive.

Yeah the facts don't back up the running up the score narrative. 4 different freshman scored touchdowns. You can put the young guys in, but they were just as hungry as the starters.