Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michael Vick Indicted in Dog Fighting Probe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figured someone would have this on here already, but he was indicted today and could be looking at 6 years in prison and over 350,000 dollars in fines. So what does everyone think about this?
i am surprised.
He is a thug just like his brother.
He won't get no 6 years, not even half a year, that's ridiculous, just cause he's a sports star they make it seem like he's the first person to fight dogs, some murderers don't get but 3 or 4 years cause of good behavior.
he Definitly wont be serving 6 years
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:He won't get no 6 years, not even half a year, that's ridiculous, just cause he's a sports star they make it seem like he's the first person to fight dogs, some murderers don't get but 3 or 4 years cause of good behavior.

Just remember that he has been indicted by a federal grand jury. This isn't some local prosecutor trying to make a name for himself like in the Duke LaCrosse case and botched the evidence. The Feds don't come after stars to improve their job skills or climb the law ladder. This is serious and I wouldn't be surprised to see Vick serve jail time (not the entire 6 years) especially if pressure mounts from activist and others as he suits up this season...Activist will go after advertisers of the NFL and backers of the Atlanta Falcons, put pressure on them and those advertisers will pressure the NFL and the Falcons ownership and you will watch Vick fall...
wo way he gets jail time.
Just another THUG! When will these pro teams ever learn?
I was watching Sportscenter around 4 in the morning and they were intweviewing one of Vicks good buddy who decided to come out and confess that he was into dog fighting as well, and he stated that Vick had literally murdered 8 dogs I think it was because they didnt perform well when they fought. He killed them in fashions of drowning, hanging and just slamming their bodies on the ground, if these acquisitions are true then it really makes me sick to my stomach that someone would actually kill an animal like that. I never really was a big Mike Vick fan but this is the last straw that I will have with him, hes a complete thug and deserves jail time no matter whan anyone says.
-STATS- Wrote:I was watching Sportscenter around 4 in the morning and they were intweviewing one of Vicks good buddy who decided to come out and confess that he was into dog fighting as well, and he stated that Vick had literally murdered 8 dogs I think it was because they didnt perform well when they fought. He killed them in fashions of drowning, hanging and just slamming their bodies on the ground, if these acquisitions are true then it really makes me sick to my stomach that someone would actually kill an animal like that. I never really was a big Mike Vick fan but this is the last straw that I will have with him, hes a complete thug and deserves jail time no matter whan anyone says.
Until I read your post I was thinking that Vick shouldn't really get into trouble because I thought he knew about it but wasn't involved that much, but if all that's true, then give him 6 years in a federal pounding in the.......... well, 6 years in a harsh prison, we'll leave it at that.
How about someone treats MV like he treated his dogs.
BFritz Wrote:Until I read your post I was thinking that Vick shouldn't really get into trouble because I thought he knew about it but wasn't involved that much, but if all that's true, then give him 6 years in a federal pounding in the.......... well, 6 years in a harsh prison, we'll leave it at that.

Yeah they were talking more about it on NFL Live and they were interviewing ESPN.com's legal analyist and he also stated that they were put down by electrocution(sp?) and being shot to death with a 22, now like I said before if these acquistions are true then this is a hainess crime and Vick should never be allowed on an NFL field again and more behind bars!
-STATS- Wrote:Yeah they were talking more about it on NFL Live and they were interviewing ESPN.com's legal analyist and he also stated that they were put down by electrocution(sp?) and being shot to death with a 22, now like I said before if these acquistions are true then this is a hainess crime and Vick should never be allowed on an NFL field again and more behind bars!

And, the legal analyist also said Vick would have been better off beating someone up at a night club instead of killing dogs, he was straight up to the point with it, very good interview.
-STATS- Wrote:And, the legal analyist also said Vick would have been better off beating someone up at a night club instead of killing dogs, he was straight up to the point with it, very good interview.

At least there would be a reason for the beating (I hope), and one beating wouldn't be as bad as the 10s (maybe even hundreds) of dogs that Vick killed and it wouldn't be in as inhumane manner.
What is sad is that he will be able to serve only up to 6 years! This is cruel and as harsh as anyone can get! I am a dog/animal lover and actually hope the animal rights people have a field day on him and push everything possible that they can find on this piece of shit of a human being! And what is sad is that kids/people actually idolized him. I know if I had a kid who has a Vick jersey, that they won't be wearing that anymore! Did anyone see how they would pick the dogs to die that didn't perform like they wanted them too?
Vick is a thug. A punk. Another wasted talent who was overrated to begin with. I hope he gets the whole book thrown at him and then some. I have screamed that idiots like this, like those ignorant kids that shot all those horses, have absolutely NO PLACE IN SOCIETY. Neither does Vick. Throw his occupation out the window. Throw his money out the window. Throw his race out the window. Throw any excuse NOT to put him in prison out the damn window. This is senseless acts of vicious murder by a thug with way too much money. I hope the rest of his life goes like this; Goodell kicks his punkass out of the NFL. Then he goes to court. Then he gets sentenced to prison one year for each dog that was slaughtered. He gets out. He has nothing. He lives a life of a poverty homeless washed up nobody who starves to death. Hopefully Goodell will see that punks like Vick do NOT deserve to play a game and make millions upon millions and kick him out of the league. You know that ignorant thug wont be able to do anything else once he gets out of prison. No more football. No more millions. Nothing. Which is what he deserves. And then, while he's sleeping on the streets, a group of rabied dogs attack him mercilessly. Awesome, lol..
I love it, and the thing about it is,....If I knew Vick was homeless and knew where he was, I would purchase viscious, rabies infested dogs to unleash on Vick myselfSmile
I am with you all on this. Vick needs to be done like the dogs were. I never was much of a fan of his either and he is way overrated, the Falcons wont be hurting any if he does serve time. The only thing he was good at in football was being mobile. He could not throw the ball. Weak arm and even worse accuracy. But thats not the point here, he is a sorry human for what he did to those dogs and deserves no less than what he did to them.
I bet they are missing Matt Shaub now, lol!
Just seen on ESPN that Nike will not be putting out his new football shoes or 3 shirts that are affialated with Vick himself on the shelves as they will keep them. But they are not taking any of the past shoes or any other merch off the shelves. This guy is a complete mess.
How can a company not take EVERYTHING off of the shelves after something like this? I guess they will reconsider if he is proved guilty! If they still don't, I PROMISE I will not buy another NIKE product!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How can a company not take EVERYTHING off of the shelves after something like this? I guess they will reconsider if he is proved guilty! If they still don't, I PROMISE I will not buy another NIKE product!

Why punish Nike and the good atheletes it sponsors for Michael Vick's actions?
venom93 Wrote:Why punish Nike and the good atheletes it sponsors for Michael Vick's actions?
Punish Nike? You can't be serious. Do you have any idea who makes Nike products? 3rd world children and 3rd world women. In fact Nike is one of the worst comapies in the world when it comes to sweat-shop labor.

Nike deserves all the bad luck it gets. I think Karma has came around and bit Nike on this one.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I bet they are missing Matt Shaub now, lol!
that is correct.
DevilsWin Wrote:Punish Nike? You can't be serious. Do you have any idea who makes Nike products? 3rd world children and 3rd world women. In fact Nike is one of the worst comapies in the world when it comes to sweat-shop labor.

Nike deserves all the bad luck it gets. I think Karma has came around and bit Nike on this one.
did not know this.
DevilsWin Wrote:Punish Nike? You can't be serious. Do you have any idea who makes Nike products? 3rd world children and 3rd world women. In fact Nike is one of the worst comapies in the world when it comes to sweat-shop labor.

Oh come on. It's not just Nike. You going to boycott everyone else who uses cheap labor to make products? You will end up living jobless and naked in the woods with no transportation. Good luck.
venom93 Wrote:Oh come on. It's not just Nike. You going to boycott everyone else who uses cheap labor to make products? You will end up living jobless and naked in the woods with no transportation. Good luck.

Nike admits to exploiting child labor.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines01/1020-01.htm
DevilsWin Wrote:Nike admits to exploiting child labor.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines01/1020-01.htm

I am not and never said Nike didn't use child labor. On a side note, your source is the most pieced together, mumbled piece of liberal propaganda I have read in some time.
Lets keep it on topic guys! Keeping a close eye on this one.
I am a MV fan and I think he should goto jail. Fines wouldn't be much but jail time would be nice