Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central Baseball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rumor has it this job will be open this season. As legendary Bobby Keith Dixon is stepping down to take a different role. If I was guessing former Commodore, TeWayne Willis has to be the front runner if it officially comes open.
Big shoes to fill. Only coach in the history of the program, over 500 wins.
Word is Dixon took the AD job leaving the baseball coaching position open.
Tewayne Willis, Eddie Browning, or Micheal Davidson will be top 3 applicants.
Bobby Ratliff ????
Why would they want a girls softball coach?
If I was a betting person my money would be on TeWayne.

Ratliff isn't going anywhere and he will be the girls softball coach as long as he wants it.

Eddie Browning. Dont see this happening. Too involved with wrestling from my understanding.
I would think the Davidson guy would be in the mix before Ratliff would. Ratliff ever coach baseball? Davidson at least has some head coaching experience with boys.
If Ratliff decided to coach baseball, he would be an excellent candidate. He is a proven winner at everything he does. He was a catcher at Alice Lloyd and played at Knott Central. He has the baseball background. He would be a great hire at PCC. He does have the girls softball program doing the best it ever has so not sure he would even consider baseball.
Scott McAlarnis should get a look!
Lol. His best days have come and gone.
Would someone like Chris Varney be interested? I know he’s had great success at Powell and now Montgomery County but he is from Hazard. Would PCC appeal to him? Or would it take Hazard opening up before he’d come back? If he even wants to come back!
Bluecat Wrote:Would someone like Chris Varney be interested? I know he’s had great success at Powell and now Montgomery County but he is from Hazard. Would PCC appeal to him? Or would it take Hazard opening up before he’d come back? If he even wants to come back!

If he's interested, Perry would be stupid to pass him up. I'm a big fan of Coach Varney.
add one to the list......Bryan Dean.
catsrule Wrote:add one to the list......Bryan Dean.

Isn't he coaching college in a different state now?
I think he's coaching high school in Alabama.
Tewayne not leaving Breathitt for a dumpster fire like PCC
Same thing was said about the girls basketball coach and she left for her home school. Coach Willis is one of PCC’s all time best all around athletes. In my opinion Perry couldn’t get a better coach to take over their baseball program than him. I think he will return home and take over at PCC.
Tewayne would do good at Perry. He’s a Perry guy who will be there for the long haul. The only question is does he want to come back. I’d imagine he’d want to coach his former school.
Willis is the best candidate hands down. Ive heard a lot of names that they are also interested. Most of those guys are older and at the end of the road. Tewayne is young and full of energy. He has a lot to offer. Its a no brainer. Hope Perry offers him everything he wants and deserves.
Facilities are better- baseball field and hitting barn is actually on PCC campus, Breathitt's field is at SMS
Feeder program is better (Breathitt County doesn't have youth league, several of their current players are Hazard/Perry kids)
Enrollment is nearly 2-to-1
Not much football tradition at PCC, so you don't have to fight that battle - Breathitt County is making a comeback now
PCC brings in basketball players from all over, so there's a good chance the homegrown baseball/basketball kids won't even play that sport after junior high
Tradition - PCC (4) regional titles since 1996, Breathitt County (0) and only one in the history of the school. MC Napier and Dilce Combs were just as good as Breathitt County before they consolidated

PCC has had a LEGITIMATE shot at winning the 14th region 19 of the 24 years since consolidation. Breathitt has probably had 4-6, in that same 24 years. I'm talking about winning 3 games in 3 or 4 days, not just knocking a team off in the first round because you have one good pitcher.
Heard PCC has narrowed the list down................................to ONE. They are currently working on the compensation package then TeWayne Willis will be officially offered the head coaching position.

Will he take it? Probably depends on what Breathitt is willing to offer back.

No one knows but my gut says 60-40 he will go.
Heard Davidson would be the new head coach for the Commodores today.
DukeBoy Wrote:Heard Davidson would be the new head coach for the Commodores today.

Big mistake by Perry. They need to get this right and he's not the right man for the job.
They need to for for someone outside the program. I’ve heard a couple names that would be great hires. If they can up the deal!
Heard today that Sean Damron may be the new coach.
If Dixon becomes the AD, he should pick who he wants to replace him. Hiring coaches is part of the job.
Who’s it going to be?
Not real sure but Im gonna say Mike Davidson.
TeWayne turn them down?
Pages: 1 2