Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class 4A Rankings 8-26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Boyle County
2. Johnson Central
3. Central
3. Lexington Catholic
5. Anderson County
6. Corbin
7. Madisonville- North Hopkins
8. Franklin Simpson
9. Franklin County
10. Wayne County
10. Knox Central

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.
Westside Wrote:1. Boyle County
2. Johnson Central
3. Central
3. Lexington Catholic
5. Anderson County
6. Corbin
8. Franklin Simpson
9. Franklin County
10. Wayne County
10. Knox Central

East side is strong in 4A :Cheerlead
Westside Wrote:1. Boyle County
2. Johnson Central
3. Central
3. Lexington Catholic
5. Anderson County
6. Corbin
8. Franklin Simpson
9. Franklin County
10. Wayne County
10. Knox Central

I can guarantee you that LexCath is not a top 3/4 team in 4A.
FoSho Wrote:I can guarantee you that LexCath is not a top 3/4 team in 4A.

What will this guarantee get us if your wrong?

As it stands right now I would tend to agree.
Dline Wrote:What will this guarantee get us if your wrong?

I'm not.

bull butter. your guarantees mean squat.
Troll
FoSho Wrote:Troll

No need and making fun of someone’s appearance 😏
JC should be 1.
1 and 2 are right, and is a matter of opinion. Both of them are REALLY good. My question comes at number 3, Central. They just got shut out by a 6A team that is middle of the road at best. Are we really giving them enough credit on their past success to make them number three?
E's Army Wrote:JC should be 1.

No way they can match the speed and athleticism of Boyle Co. However, they do have the toughness it's going to take to challenge the Rebels.
FoSho Wrote:No way they can match the speed and athleticism of Boyle Co. However, they do have the toughness it's going to take to challenge the Rebels.

They couldn’t match capital’s either
Nygfan106wins Wrote:They couldn’t match capital’s either

i don't know anything about Capital. But I do know about Johnson Central and Boyle Co. And I know that Boyle Co is much faster than Central and I know they'll play on turf if/when it happens.

Got a lot of respect for JC and if they can run the ball on the Rebels they have a chance but that plays into the strength of Boyle County's defense.

I really hope this game happens.
I know quite a bit about JC. I have seen Boyle on film. Both are elite but totally different teams. What I saw Friday night was a team with elite speed and athleticism (Capital) completely beaten physically by JC. This in no way is disrespecting Boyle, they are legit. I am just interested to see the speed and athleticism against a punishing ground game with a physical defense. I hope we get to see it played out. If it does happen, it should be one of the best games of the season.
Old guy Wrote:I know quite a bit about JC. I have seen Boyle on film. Both are elite but totally different teams. What I saw Friday night was a team with elite speed and athleticism (Capital) completely beaten physically by JC. This in no way is disrespecting Boyle, they are legit. I am just interested to see the speed and athleticism against a punishing ground game with a physical defense. I hope we get to see it played out. If it does happen, it should be one of the best games of the season.

Boyle has the ability to run OR throw vs any opponent. Seeing the Rebels on film is one thing but in person is quite another. The passing game is the best in the state, period, while the running game has speed and power and an improving OL.

Our defensive has potential to be the best in the state. If the o-line continues to improve...Boyle Co will be extremely hard to beat. JC has a stellar running game and the ability to throw as needed. If Boyle is able to stop the JC running game, this will not be a game, if not, well then...that will make it something to see.

JC was unable to beat Franklin-Simpson the past two years, why? Speed? Versatile offense? Fast defense?

Although I'd love to see this game at BCHS...location will not matter to the Rebels.

I just hope both teams are healthy at gametime. I can hardly wait.
As is stands, since this poll seems to be mostly based on last year, I’d have to put JC first, then Boyle. You could probably flip a coin between the two, and they’re probably on a tier by themselves. While my hounds aren’t the same team as laSt year, NO WAY is lex. Cath better than them. But ranking as we all saw last year, are useless and for us to bicker about. Until the playoffs, where they will matter this year. Btw, has anyone found out the formula they will use to determine who will play who?
Old guy Wrote:I know quite a bit about JC. I have seen Boyle on film. Both are elite but totally different teams. What I saw Friday night was a team with elite speed and athleticism (Capital) completely beaten physically by JC. This in no way is disrespecting Boyle, they are legit. I am just interested to see the speed and athleticism against a punishing ground game with a physical defense. I hope we get to see it played out. If it does happen, it should be one of the best games of the season.
I heard JC was great on the ol, and how they could just overpower a team physically. I guess Belfry if there still on the schedule will be that physical run and pound team to see that kind of matchup to see how the JC Defense stops a run team. No one knows who will be playing who but, come playoff time, it will be fun to watch class 4a.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle has the ability to run OR throw vs any opponent. Seeing the Rebels on film is one thing but in person is quite another. The passing game is the best in the state, period, while the running game has speed and power and an improving OL.

Our defensive has potential to be the best in the state. If the o-line continues to improve...Boyle Co will be extremely hard to beat. JC has a stellar running game and the ability to throw as needed. If Boyle is able to stop the JC running game, this will not be a game, if not, well then...that will make it something to see.

JC was unable to beat Franklin-Simpson the past two years, why? Speed? Versatile offense? Fast defense?

Although I'd love to see this game at BCHS...location will not matter to the Rebels.

I just hope both teams are healthy at gametime. I can hardly wait.

You're speeded home last year to sit at the house and listen to Johnson Central game on the radio.