Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class 2A Rankings 8-26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Somerset
4. Lexington Christian Academy
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Danville
7. Breathitt County
8. Caldwell County
9. Murray
10. Lloyd Memorial

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.
Westside Wrote:1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Somerset
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Danville
7. Breathitt County
8. Caldwell County
9. Murray
10. Lloyd Memorial

Looking like an all westside in 2A
Leslie County and Shelby Valley should be in the conversation.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Leslie County and Shelby Valley should be in the conversation.

Both schools have received votes by members of our panel, but not enough to break the top 10.
Early season polls are not gonna be perfect. I think this is pretty good considering what we know at this point.
64SUR Wrote:Looking like an all westside in 2A

For sure.
Westside Wrote:Both schools have received votes by members of our panel, but not enough to break the top 10.

sounds about right.
Shelby Valley should be in top 10. They are better than breathitt county
Leslie County is better than Breathitt also!
I think its to early to tell for a lot of the teams in the poll but hey I think they got the #1 pick right
Mayfield is clear #1. Beechwood and Bunnies battling for #2
Gonna find out October 25th. Should be interesting. And will no doubt be for the district title.
Anxious to see what the new rankings look like. Somerset clearly should be Number 2 with a strong case for the 1 spot. How far does Beechwood drop? And does Breathitt or Owensboro Cath jump into the 3 spot. Gonna be interesting.
After Friday you guys still think Leslie and Shelby valley are better than Breathitt.
2A
1.Mayfield
2 Breathitt/ Somerset
Big gap to everyone else.
Also Mayfield looks vunerable to me. I think on a neutral field Breathitt maybe even Somerset beats them
Westside Wrote:1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Somerset
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Danville
7. Breathitt County
8. Caldwell County
9. Murray
10. Lloyd Memorial

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site.

1. Mayfield
2. Somerset
3. Lexington Chris.
4. Owensboro Cath.
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Beechwood
7. Danville
8. Caldwell Co.
9. Murray
10. Shelby Valley
Somerset
Mayfield
Beechwood
LCA
Breatthit Co.
Owensboro Catholic
Danville
Caldwell Co.
Murray
Leslie Co.
wolfcat Wrote:After Friday you guys still think Leslie and Shelby valley are better than Breathitt.
2A
1.Mayfield
2 Breathitt/ Somerset
Also Mayfield looks vunerable to me. I think on a neutral field Breathitt maybe even Somerset beats them

What makes u think Breathitt can beat mayfield, cause they beat Jenkins and south laurel? Lmbo. Somerset, they have a lot returning so that’s debatable, but Breathitt,, NO WAY
wolfcat Wrote:After Friday you guys still think Leslie and Shelby valley are better than Breathitt.
2A
1.Mayfield
2 Breathitt/ Somerset

Mayfield had a close game and they look venerable? Mayfield has the most talent of anyone in 2A and are still big favorites to win 2A.
2A
1.Mayfield
2 Breathitt/ Somerset

One question wolfcat which was the toughest game for Breathitt county.........Jenkins or South Laurel Confusederiously:
I have saw Mayfield and Breathitt in person and on film. From what I have saw Collins is the best player on either team both offense and defensively. O hara is getting better everyday as is Weddle. Breathitts lines are much better than anyone thought. They have playmakers all over the field. Just because Breathitt has been down for awhile and Mayfield has been dominant are the only reasons the rankings are what they are. If it was another team that didn't have such a rich tradition on top of recent success they wouldn't be #1. Same goes for Beechwood. If it was some unknown program they wouldn't be in top 10. You hear a name like Mayfield everyone just assumes they are great. I am telling you if Breathitt and Mayfield played this Friday night at a neutral field Breathitt would win.
IMO Mayfield is the clear favorite with Somerset second and Beechwood and LCA battling for third. Breathitt Co probably fifth.

If they played today I'd give the edge to the Cards:

Mayfield - 28
Somerset - 21
I think it says more positive than negative that Mayfield got challenged by a good Hop'Town team on the road and still found a way to win. Every team will have good and not so good nights. That game will help them down the road. I do agree they're vulnerable against the run defensively, but, other than that, they're pretty stout everywhere else. I do think the coaching staff will get them better there as the season wears on. The offense, pass defense, special teams and kicking game will be fine. I could see Somerset, Breathitt Co and LCA being the 3 teams that could knock them off on a given night, but, I do think it would take a great game and a below average game by Mayfield for it to happen.
Here's how I'd them right now:

1) Mayfield
2) Somerset
3) Breathitt Co
4) LCA
5) Beechwood
6) OB Catholic
7) Caldwell Co
8) Murray
9) Danville
10) Shelby Valley
wolfcat Wrote:I have saw Mayfield and Breathitt in person and on film. From what I have saw Collins is the best player on either team both offense and defensively. O hara is getting better everyday as is Weddle. Breathitts lines are much better than anyone thought. They have playmakers all over the field. Just because Breathitt has been down for awhile and Mayfield has been dominant are the only reasons the rankings are what they are. If it was another team that didn't have such a rich tradition on top of recent success they wouldn't be #1. Same goes for Beechwood. If it was some unknown program they wouldn't be in top 10. You hear a name like Mayfield everyone just assumes they are great. I am telling you if Breathitt and Mayfield played this Friday night at a neutral field Breathitt would win.

So which Mayfield game did you go to in person? That's a heck of a haul from Breathitt County-- especially if you managed to catch a Breathitt County game as well. There's only been 2 weeks to do that after all.
FoSho Wrote:IMO Mayfield is the clear favorite with Somerset second and Beechwood and LCA battling for third. Breathitt Co probably fifth.

If they played today I'd give the edge to the Cards:

Mayfield - 28
Somerset - 21

How many of those teams have you gotten to watch in person?
Walt Longmire Wrote:So which Mayfield game did you go to in person? That's a heck of a haul from Breathitt County-- especially if you managed to catch a Breathitt County game as well. There's only been 2 weeks to do that after all.

I don't even live in Breathitt co I was raised in eastern KY but live just outside Lancaster. I go to whichever game on Fridays that intrigue me planning on going to either Beechwood vs Somerset or Boyle vs Danville although that one will probably be a blowout.
Got nothing but respect for Mayfield and Beechwood. Hard to stay on top for that long.
wolfcat Wrote:I don't even live in Breathitt co I was raised in eastern KY but live just outside Lancaster. I go to whichever game on Fridays that intrigue me planning on going to either Beechwood vs Somerset or Boyle vs Danville although that one will probably be a blowout.
Got nothing but respect for Mayfield and Beechwood. Hard to stay on top for that long.

So which Mayfield game did you go to? You said you'd seen them both in person. You haven't seen Somerset in person, so how do you put Breathitt ahead if them?
Next 2 or 3 weeks should clear up the muddy water
wolfcat Wrote:I have saw Mayfield and Breathitt in person and on film. From what I have saw Collins is the best player on either team both offense and defensively. O hara is getting better everyday as is Weddle. Breathitts lines are much better than anyone thought. They have playmakers all over the field. Just because Breathitt has been down for awhile and Mayfield has been dominant are the only reasons the rankings are what they are. If it was another team that didn't have such a rich tradition on top of recent success they wouldn't be #1. Same goes for Beechwood. If it was some unknown program they wouldn't be in top 10. You hear a name like Mayfield everyone just assumes they are great. I am telling you if Breathitt and Mayfield played this Friday night at a neutral field Breathitt would win.

Oh my gosh, you are absolutely ignorant, so, if let’s say,,, Orville redenbacker high school beat Luasanne collegiate, and Hopkinsville on their field, they wouldn’t be ranked in the top 10? You need serious medical attention dude.
Shelby Valley is deserving of top 10 ranking right now.
Pages: 1 2