Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs Notre Dame, TN 08/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and predictions Confusedmoke:

Corbin 1-0
Notre Dame ( Chattanooga TN 1-0
Don’t know anything about the team from Tennessee but pulling for the Hounds
Corbin wins a battle at Home 21-14
If what I'm hearing is true, Notre Dame is easily the best team on a tough schedule.
I believe Asshurst is calling in Lexington this year so ND has a chance. 😊
Be a tough game for hounds but I believe that coaching staff have them ready.
Corbin by 12...National rankings are Corbin 1503 and ND 3475
This game has Corbin FB Nick (the tank) Yeager written all over the highlights on sport overtime. :wieghts::wieghts::wieghts:

Corbin 28
Notre Dame 24
After watching Corbin Friday night. Pulling for the in state Hounds though. Believe it or not.

Notre Dame 29
Corbin 15
Ky - 30
tn - 20
The Outsider Wrote:If what I'm hearing is true, Notre Dame is easily the best team on a tough schedule.
What you are hearing is probably not true.

Tennessee splits most of their privates up into three classes. The biggest class is legit, that's where Brentwood Academy, MBA, etc play. Notre Dame competes in the AA class which is the next step down and usually they are competitive but not one of the best teams in their Division.

Alcoa would routinely beat them handily for example. The Knoxville Catholic team that Highlands is playing is a different story, they are a powerhouse and routinely produce multiple D1 guys.

I havent watched anything on Notre Dame, but judging off their past years they are going to be more comparable to a Lexington Catholic and not comparable to a Trinity or even a Covington Catholic. To give perspective, the team Mayfield beat last week pretty handily plays in the same class as Notre Dame and went farther than them last year.

Corbin should have a strong chance to win this one and probably would be a favorite by 10-14 points.
I like the Hounds in this one. Even if I didnt, not sure I'd pick a Tennessee team over a Kentucky team unless it was obvious.

Corbin 28
Notre Dame 21
In my opinion, Corbin is going to go through some growing pains this year. They lost a lot talent and experience off of last years team and they are going to take some lumps with their tough schedule. With that being said, I think when the playoffs roll around, they will be battle tested and ready to make a run, once again. I like the Hounds in this game, 28-21.
ND maybe the worst team on the Schedule. Don't kid yourself.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I like the Hounds in this one. Even if I didnt, not sure I'd pick a Tennessee team over a Kentucky team unless it was obvious.

Corbin 28
Notre Dame 21

#55PirateFan if it was obvious I still wouldn’t pick a Tennessee team over a Kentucky team. Now that is high school. College is alittle deferent when they have Kentucky young men on their team I can pull for them. Example never been an Ohio State fan but next year my cousin son (not trying to sound like 64sur) was the #1 recruit for the Buckeyes so next year I will somewhat be for them. Love my Kentucky football is all I am trying to say.
Where are the Corbin hater Confusednicker:
If they don’t come in more focused than they did last week, they’ll leave with a L. It’s hard to judge what the problems were. We lost a lot. It’s no secret, but kids were out of position on a lot of plays. You do that against a team with more speed and you’ll pay for it. I don’t know what ND has, so I’m just hoping we walk away with the W. And our defense looks better
Corbin 39-20
footballfever Wrote:I believe Asshurst is calling in Lexington this year so ND has a chance. 😊
Be a tough game for hounds but I believe that coaching staff have them ready.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Where are the Corbin hater Confusednicker:

here.
pjdoug Wrote:here.

I can’t see you...
single shot Wrote:I can’t see you...

:biglmao:
ND is 95 percent run oriented using what we called pigs right or pigs left back in the day. ND will also shift the line before the snap and overload one side with pig set, they have 2 strong runners, to run from a direct snap or they will counter or reverse out of pig set to a player with speed. If Corbin D stops a strong run they should not have a problem winning this game by 2 touchdowns. Look for a lot of little Benny Snell NICK YEAGER to move the ball with a dash of Colin Kidd if our offense is to work. This game will be to physical for D1 can’t afford running sideways in this one, he needs to be a wideout like Gosselin last.
Corbin defense will try to clog the middle with the defensive line that struggled terribly against the Whitley run game last week until Whitley tired. Corbin will try to flush the runners around edge to the linebackers. Corbin needs to gang tackle if the plan to stop the ND Backs. If Corbin is physical and hard nosed they pull out win 28/14.
My Mayfield Cardinals just smashed Memphis Laussane, who is the 3rd ranked team this week in that class and ND is #1. TN D2-AA. D2 is private, there are 3 classes in D2 and AA is the middle or medium size schools. I think Corbin will do just fine. There is talk by the TN fans about the Corbin game on the TN fan high school fan board called Coach-T. Its under Football, Division II if anyone decides to venture over there to see what they are saying. Go Hounds!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:My Mayfield Cardinals just smashed Memphis Laussane, who is the 3rd ranked team this week in that class and ND is #1. TN D2-AA. D2 is private, there are 3 classes in D2 and AA is the middle or medium size schools. I think Corbin will do just fine. There is talk by the TN fans about the Corbin game on the TN fan high school fan board called Coach-T. Its under Football, Division II if anyone decides to venture over there to see what they are saying. Go Hounds!

Wow wasn’t expecting them to be rank that high. :poker face:
Hounds by 7
smoke1015 Wrote:

Osborne brother home town Leslie County , I know them well :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Osborne brother home town Leslie County , I know them well :Cheerlead

:-) I gotta send you a PM 64SUR. Got a question.
I will be surprised if ND runs the ball down Corbin's throat. Corbin is still trying to adjust losing Greer, Mouser and Mills. I expect a similar result like last Friday. Corbin starts slow and makes adjustments in the 2nd half.

Corbin 28
ND 21
If they are a dominate run team like the poster above stated, I’m doubting the young hounds d line. Our offense may struggle to keep up if the D can’t prevent/limit the “big” plays. Ie a direct snap with their speed back getting to the outside or a counter that has always been hard to stop for the hounds. Think back to Boyle county game at Kroger field
Pages: 1 2