Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 Pike County Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are the matchups:

LCA vs Belfry
Pike Central vs Shelby Valley
Phelps vs East Ridge
Mingo Central vs Pikeville

Should be some good games. What do you think?
Belfry
Shelby Valley
Phelps
Pikeville

With Pikeville and Mingo being the closest game.
VoR_58 Wrote:Belfry
Shelby Valley
Phelps
Pikeville

With Pikeville and Mingo being the closest game.

IMO.....Pikeville got their wake up call with Bardstown. I dont foresee them playing that way against MC. I’ll be shocked if that game isn’t a blowout in Pikeville fashion.
I think Shelby Valley and Pike Central will be a good game
Mingo has a really good QB and a lot of weapons around him. They will put up some points. Should be a fun one to watch
Looks like a good lineup, and imo, the SV/PC game will be interesting. As for Pikeville and Mingo, I really don't think we've seen Pikeville at it's best yet. Mingo is gonna be strong and the Panthers will be ready.
Both have good teams this season and this game will be won in trenches Imo. Both teams like to sling the pigskin and both have a core of talent at WR positions. Pikeville does have the edge in the running game and TOP will be crucial as well. Win the trenches, win the TOP, wins the game. Good Luck to the coaches and the players should be a dandy.
Pikeville will put up 50 on Mingo. Defense has to play better.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Here are the matchups:

LCA vs Belfry
Pike Central vs Shelby Valley
Phelps vs East Ridge
Mingo Central vs Pikeville

Should be some good games. What do you think?

One of the most intriguing years for the PCB in a while:

Phelps vs. East Ridge.. give me Phelps by 2-3 TD's. The Francis kid will put up nice numbers. Let's call it Phelps 34-12.

SV vs. PC.. for the first time in a while I am intrigued for this one. Both teams looked solid their first game. I will take SV by a TD or two. I will say SV 36 PC 26

Belfry vs. LCA.. I think LCA's skill guys will hurt Belfry but Belfry's size should give them a big edge on both sides of the ball.
Belfry 46 LCA 20

Pikeville vs. Mingo Central will be a blast. Pikeville's Defense is not at the level they were last year and have some work to do. Their Offense should feast. Mingo Central will put up plenty of points themselves.

Pikeville 54 Mingo Central 36
Patriot1 Wrote:I think Shelby Valley and Pike Central will be a good game

I agree Patriot1, this may be the best game of the 2019 PCB. I also like the Pikeville/Mingo Central game. Could turn in to a great one. If it does, I still like your Panthers to win either in a close one or by a couple TD's. I really just don't know how to predict this one. But I will be there Saturday night, Lord willing, to watch it. Like I said in another post, I dont like picking against any Kentucky team against an out of state team unless it's obvious. I will say this though, I would not be shocked at all if MC won this game. They have a nice team. Anyway, I'll be there. Hopefully we can meet up and talk a little. Good luck my friend, and watch this:

"As always, GO PANTHERS"!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One of the most intriguing years for the PCB in a while:

Phelps vs. East Ridge.. give me Phelps by 2-3 TD's. The Francis kid will put up nice numbers. Let's call it Phelps 34-12.

SV vs. PC.. for the first time in a while I am intrigued for this one. Both teams looked solid their first game. I will take SV by a TD or two. I will say SV 36 PC 26

Belfry vs. LCA.. I think LCA's skill guys will hurt Belfry but Belfry's size should give them a big edge on both sides of the ball.
Belfry 46 LCA 20

Pikeville vs. Mingo Central will be a blast. Pikeville's Defense is not at the level they were last year and have some work to do. Their Offense should feast. Mingo Central will put up plenty of points themselves.

Pikeville 54 Mingo Central 36

I don’t see MC scoring 36 against Pikeville. I know folks are expecting a good game....and I’m in the minority....but I simply don’t see it. Pikeville’s offense will have a field day.
Well alittle hear say so take it with a grain of salt, all the talk was Mingo Central has this game circle because they wanted to play in the Pike County Bowl forever but they would rather it been against Belfry. Now I said this is just rumor. Glad to have Mingo Central in the Pike County Bowl I actually thinks it’s good for are area. Hope it’s an injury free game for all teams participating in the Pike County Bowls this year and a good experience for all but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I like East Ridge over Phelps by 6
Belfry over LCA 45-20
Pike Central over Shelby Valley 34-28
Mingo over Pikeville 21-17
Real Badman Wrote:I like East Ridge over Phelps by 6
Belfry over LCA 45-20
Pike Central over Shelby Valley 34-28
Mingo over Pikeville 21-17

I know if Mingo Central holds Pikeville to 17 they will win could be wrong and have been many times just think Pikeville’s offense is to good for Central to hold them to 17. Now the key to the game in my opinion is Pikeville’s defense and Pikeville’s running game if they both play to their potential it’s going to be a long night for Mingo Central. Just have to wait and see. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
44-6 Phelps
22-14 SV
34-7 Belfry
40-24 Pikeville.