Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 44 Floyd Central 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great start by the Tigers, impressive win last night.
Controlling the line of scrimmage was the key in this game...period! Kudos to the boys in the trenches! Clay might have thrown 6 passes all night. I'll be interested to see Clay's rushing yard total from this one. Hibbard, Meadows, McCulley, & Collins all looked good. Prayers for a speedy recovery for Chandler Hubbard. If one certain receiver hadn't missed three practices last week, we might have thrown the ball more. Too good of an athlete not care any more than he does.
Wheatfarmer Wrote:Controlling the line of scrimmage was the key in this game...period! Kudos to the boys in the trenches! Clay might have thrown 6 passes all night. I'll be interested to see Clay's rushing yard total from this one. Hibbard, Meadows, McCulley, & Collins all looked good. Prayers for a speedy recovery for Chandler Hubbard. If one certain receiver hadn't missed three practices last week, we might have thrown the ball more. Too good of an athlete not care any more than he does.

Clay absolutely dominated this game where it mattered. I think they could have won without putting the ball in the air at all last night with how their line and backs played. I haven't seen a Clay team play like that in a long long time.
I thought the Tigers simply looked like a team out there. A lot of people may note the opponent but we are not in the business of caring about that right now. As mentioned, the line of scrimmage was total domination by Clay and that’s where it all begins. I do think when push comes to shove we could see throws and catches made, something we’ve not been able to do in a long time. Nice win before a bye week. Excited for the rest of the season.
Floyd Central is 13-10 over the last two seasons and returned a lot of kids back for this season, no pushover by any means. I thought it was a very solid win for the Tigers.