Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 38 Henry Clay 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SK wins!
Brown 31 carries 198 yards 1 td.
UK1Fan, you mentioned in your updates on the game that Henry Clay threw 4 ints. Did Van Horn throw all the ints?
Westside Wrote:UK1Fan, you mentioned in your updates on the game that Henry Clay threw 4 ints. Did Van Horn throw all the ints?

Van Horn threw 4 ints SK forced 5 turnovers. 14 of HC points was against SKs 2s.
SK was minus their starting RB.
Glad to see Freshman Chase Crone start at qb. He passed for a td and ran for 2 tds.
UK1fan Wrote:https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/...e/11106743

Thanks for the stats. Looks like NKY is a stronger region than Lexington in 6A. Well done, Pioneers.
CarzyRock Wrote:Thanks for the stats. Looks like NKY is a stronger region than Lexington in 6A. Well done, Pioneers.

I wouldn’t say that based on this one game. Henry Clay had plenty of chances but 4 interceptions and a fumble are hard to overcome. Time will tell but there might be another team in Lexington that can challenge NKY.
SK will host Anderson Ohio and play their first game on the new turf.
Congrats to SK
UK1fan Wrote:Brown 31 carries 198 yards 1 td.

Brown also threw a pass for a td. He was the starting running back lastnight.
Frank Martin Wrote:I wouldn’t say that based on this one game. Henry Clay had plenty of chances but 4 interceptions and a fumble are hard to overcome. Time will tell but there might be another team in Lexington that can challenge NKY.

In 6A? Who?

I think FD would beat SK, but the 6A cupboard is looking mighty bare. HC looks to be the foremost team in the region and they were 38-13 against SK's first string, if it's true that they scored 14 of their point's against SK's JV.
CarzyRock Wrote:In 6A? Who?

I think FD would beat SK, but the 6A cupboard is looking mighty bare. HC looks to be the foremost team in the region and they were 38-13 against SK's first string, if it's true that they scored 14 of their point's against SK's JV.

Will find out hiw good SK is when they Anderson, Oak Hills, Highlands, Johnson Central, Taylor County and Miami Morrow.
Hammack didn't play for SK lastnight.
Beating any of the public schools in Lexington but Frederick Douglas is fool's gold.

Why would you think HC is the best team in the region? They lost a whole lot from last year. Time will tell but I like Tates Creek for a number of reasons. They scrimmaged SK (yeah I know it’s a scrimmage but the eye test doesn’t lie) and DuPont Manual and IMO they looked like the better team and the score indicated so.
Frank Martin Wrote:Why would you think HC is the best team in the region? They lost a whole lot from last year. Time will tell but I like Tates Creek for a number of reasons. They scrimmaged SK (yeah I know it’s a scrimmage but the eye test doesn’t lie) and DuPont Manual and IMO they looked like the better team and the score indicated so.

I hadn't heard anything about Tate's Creek. Looks like did some work against Madison Southern, tho. What were the scrimmages like?

Frederick Douglass is 5A
Glory_Days Wrote:Frederick Douglass is 5A

Right. That's why I said the 6A cupboard for Lexington is bare.
Way to go Pioneers!