Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 48 Lawrence Co. 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paintsville 48 Lawrence Co. 17 Final per KHSAA.
Wow
IntheZone Wrote:Wow

Another long year in Louisa.
I was at this game. Here is my take. Lawerence needs to scrap that 90’s glory days offense. They dont have those kind of players anymore. They need to re think that defensive line a little and maybe play a few guys both ways. The QB will not survive the season in that offense. He’s not the guy from last year. Offense is to easy to figure out. QB leads you right to the ball or he keeps it. And the obvious thing is don’t turn the ball over 7 times a game.
Congrats to Paintsville
Outcome is what I expected but not quite the spread. Paintsville is better than their sand bagging has portrayed.
Lawrence is better than they showed as well.
Paintsville came out about as flat as a football team can. It looked like the bus ride took 5 hours instead of 30 minutes. Multiple 3 and outs, blocked punt, gave up points in LC’s first two drives, fumbles, penalties, you name it. However, they did what good teams do and didn’t panic after being down 10 and made some good adjustments and took control of the game. Offense had a good balanced attack and had just under 400 yards of offense in about 2.5 quarters.

Next week... some team named Beechwood that I’ve been told has had some success in the past.
Congratulations to Paintsville
Like I said .....it’s been way way to long since LC has won a regular season game of any meaning!! Until they start winning games against the teams on their schedule that usually have winning seasons the kids won’t believe that they can even compete in a game like this! I hope LC gets it turned around soon! We all miss the old days!
Dawgs have long way to go to be competitive with Belfry. How long has it been since they have won a district title?
doubledown Wrote:Dawgs have long way to go to be competitive with Belfry. How long has it been since they have won a district title?

I don’t think Belfry should even be in the conversation at this time. LC legitimately thinks they can compete with Belfry by running a system that Belfry has perfected?
doubledown Wrote:Dawgs have long way to go to be competitive with Belfry. How long has it been since they have won a district title?

They went undefeated in the regular season in probably 2010/2011.
It’s all about philosophies. One philosophy is that you have a system and mold the kids into that system. The other philosophy is that you use the kids and change the schemes and play calling to equip the kids.
2000PHS Wrote:They went undefeated in the regular season in probably 2010/2011.

I think its been longer than that actually
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I think its been longer than that actually

You are correct, it was 2009. 12-1 record.
Paintsville was more talented at the skill spots, bigger and stronger up front, and considerably more experienced.
LC got the jump early but the Tigers adjusted and that was that.
LC is in a growth year, but the good news is they can grow.
Tigers window is open now but there’s some Panthers and Rams capable of slamming it shut.
Here's my take. LC better recognize that they are a rural high school and that they don't have the luxury of playing that many athletes on one side of the ball. If you only have about 15 ball players and a scout team, that don't mean you put the scout team in the varsity game. They need to have a gut check with their best players and run them boys into shape to play both ways the whole game if they want to win ballgames. I saw at least 4-5 kids that shouldn't see the field on a Friday night be in the starting lineup while better players were on the sideline. If they can't get their QB to run out his fakes, they don't need to run their belly. He can be a good dual threat QB if they would coach their offense to suit his abilities. As for Paintsville, they are not anything special at all. Their offensive line is very questionable, and if LC had even an average D-line, they would've been hurting. Instead, LC thought it was a good idea to have DTs that weigh about 150 going against guys that are around 300 while blitzing their LBs out of the plays all night because they got lucky in the first quarter and had a few big plays. Some of those big plays came from safeties selling out on the run which lead to being burned on obvious passing downs.

Congrats to Paintsville, and for LC, whatever they have drawn up on the whiteboard needs to be erased and start from scratch with their best 11 on both sides of the ball.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:It’s all about philosophies. One philosophy is that you have a system and mold the kids into that system. The other philosophy is that you use the kids and change the schemes and play calling to equip the kids.
My opinion is when trying to build program better go with latter and adapt offense and defense to players available and be flexible year to year until get established and gradually get to philosophy you want.
Poor ole Lawrence. All of those athletes the dawgs have this year better be showing up soon or it’s going to be a long season in Louisa. I wonder how many Lawrence County kids have been contacted by the Paintsville people since the game on Friday night?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Poor ole Lawrence. All of those athletes the dawgs have this year better be showing up soon or it’s going to be a long season in Louisa. I wonder how many Lawrence County kids have been contacted by the Paintsville people since the game on Friday night?

After giving up practically half a hundred to a Class A school in 2.5 quarters, I would say the kids may be the ones reaching out looking for better opportunities.
Tomcat Pride, have you ever said anything positive about any team, other than yours, on this site? Try being happy or positive for a change, you might actually like it.
2000PHS Wrote:After giving up practically half a hundred to a Class A school in 2.5 quarters, I would say the kids may be the ones reaching out looking for better opportunities.

Better opportunities lol. Under the new playoff alignment neither Paintsville nor Lawrence will advance past the second round of the playoffs. Paintsville won’t defeat Raceland and Lawrence won’t defeat Belfry.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Better opportunities lol. Under the new playoff alignment neither Paintsville nor Lawrence will advance past the second round of the playoffs. Paintsville won’t defeat Raceland and Lawrence won’t defeat Belfry.

Yeah the only difference is Paintsville has actually defeated Raceland and their losses to them in the playoffs have been very competitive
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Poor ole Lawrence. All of those athletes the dawgs have this year better be showing up soon or it’s going to be a long season in Louisa. I wonder how many Lawrence County kids have been contacted by the Paintsville people since the game on Friday night?

Yeah I think we all got the point that you dislike lc several posts ago. Don’t really know where this hatred stems from nor do I really care but all your yapping about their athletes or the lack of them has got way past monotonous. Give it a rest already.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I was at this game. Here is my take. Lawerence needs to scrap that 90’s glory days offense. They dont have those kind of players anymore. They need to re think that defensive line a little and maybe play a few guys both ways. The QB will not survive the season in that offense. He’s not the guy from last year. Offense is to easy to figure out. QB leads you right to the ball or he keeps it. And the obvious thing is don’t turn the ball over 7 times a game.

Couldn't have said it better myself... I think everyone on the east side of the state knows the 3 plays LC tries to run. You're right... QB will not survive the season with this offense.. plus he gives up a lot to last year's 6'3", 230lb QB.
Josiewales Wrote:Tomcat Pride, have you ever said anything positive about any team, other than yours, on this site? Try being happy or positive for a change, you might actually like it.

Josiewales, all you have to do to the Tomcats is tell them your junior and senior class are all holdbacks and they will be a no show. Probably even scare Tomcat Pride off.
Patriot1 Wrote:Josiewales, all you have to do to the Tomcats is tell them your junior and senior class are all holdbacks and they will be a no show. Probably even scare Tomcat Pride off.
[attachment=o3876]

Heck, they are scared to death to even play this elementary school because they have a holdback 6th grader...Aint you Prideful One? But he sure is a big talker.

But, this is the year, right , Prideful One?Confusednicker:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Better opportunities lol. Under the new playoff alignment neither Paintsville nor Lawrence will advance past the second round of the playoffs. Paintsville won’t defeat Raceland and Lawrence won’t defeat Belfry.

And ASH-land will get humiliated by Belfry.

Oops, I forgot, this is the year, RIGHT?
Bob Seger Wrote:[attachment=o3876]

Heck, they are scared to death to even play this elementary school because they have a holdback 6th grader...Aint you Prideful One? But he sure is a big talker.

But, this is the year, right , Prideful One?Confusednicker:

Must have already scared him off he hasn’t been back on this thread