Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 35 Whitley County 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. This Corbin team is a very young, Hats off to the Whitley County football team . :Cheerlead
Who’s the better coached team?
Serious question..
Looking at last year score and a complete overhaul at Whitley. I thought this would be a blow out..
Whitley has a very nice team. Very physical, plays good defense. They were a little outmatched talent wise tonight but had plenty of heart. Corbin came out a little flat and didn’t utilize Longmire much so he could get into a groove but the Colonels kept punching them in the mouth and opened many eyes. Depth won it for Corbin as Whitley got tired but Jep has a nice bunch down there. I look forward to watching them and hope they go 9-1.
I listened to this game and watched my Jackets go 1-0 baby
Radio didn’t say much about Longmire except that he kept running out of bounds. Who is the Kidd player?
Way to go Colonels! Proud of you.
A good game both teams played hard 2 very good young QB s but Yeager (The BUS )was the difference tonight for Corbin.Corbin's defense came alive in the 2nd half Combs and Mills will be something to watch over the next few years, and this game will make both teams better.
Corbin Wrote:Whitley has a very nice team. Very physical, plays good defense. They were a little outmatched talent wise tonight but had plenty of heart. Corbin came out a little flat and didn’t utilize Longmire much so he could get into a groove but the Colonels kept punching them in the mouth and opened many eyes. Depth won it for Corbin as Whitley got tired but Jep has a nice bunch down there. I look forward to watching them and hope they go 9-1.

I thought I saw the Whitley County line give the Corbin offensive line whiplash a couple times :biggrin: . Will Whitley County play a better team than Corbin this season? The Colonels are definitely on the rise if they stay on track.
cherokee Wrote:A good game both teams played hard 2 very good young QB s but Yeager (The BUS )was the difference tonight for Corbin.Corbin's defense came alive in the 2nd half Combs and Mills will be something to watch over the next few years, and this game will make both teams better.

Yeager is one of my favorite players. I've bragged on him for the last couple years.
Not for sure that Corbin is that good..But corbin maybe the best on there schedule
Congratulations to Corbin, but PJDoug has to be one happy man. Seems like Whitley County had a great effort tonight. Now back to work next week, fix the mistakes made tonight and improve every game. Long season one game at a time
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Not for sure that Corbin is that good..But corbin maybe the best on there schedule

Whitley County is just better than some expected.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to Corbin, but PJDoug has to be one happy man. Seems like Whitley County had a great effort tonight. Now back to work next week, fix the mistakes made tonight and improve every game. Long season one game at a time

We always want a win, but I'm happy with the way they played with heart and took it to Corbin. The fan support was pretty good too.
pjdoug Wrote:I thought I saw the Whitley County line give the Corbin offensive line whiplash a couple times :biggrin: . Will Whitley County play a better team than Corbin this season? The Colonels are definitely on the rise if they stay on track.

Longmire is going to have to step up his game and not fumble. Didn’t look like a D1 player tonight. Only time will tell
I wish they had the fireworks up their hind end. They don't let that many off on 4th of July. I had to leave early because I was in bad pain and had a migraine and nobody would give me an aspirin. that's a shame Smile
Superfly Wrote:Longmire is going to have to step up his game and not fumble. Didn’t look like a D1 player tonight. Only time will tell
The defense had something to do with that.
Superfly Wrote:Longmire is going to have to step up his game and not fumble. Didn’t look like a D1 player tonight. Only time will tell

Congratulations to Whitley. They played hard and fought a good game.
pjdoug Wrote:I thought I saw the Whitley County line give the Corbin offensive line whiplash a couple times :biggrin: . Will Whitley County play a better team than Corbin this season? The Colonels are definitely on the rise if they stay on track.

Depends on which Corbin. The one right now probably, the one at the end of the season..... TBD. Good thing though, is WC will get better also.

But I’ve said before, this isn’t your typical Corbin team, like we’ve had for the last 3 or 4 years. We’ve just lost too much, but got enough young talent to knock anyone off
Congrats to Hounds. Good building block for Colonels. Whitley can take a lot of positives from their effort tonight.
Congrats Hounds. Got a long way to go to compete with these next 4 games coming up. Whitley just ran out of gas tonight. A lot of players going both ways for them with a lot cramping up. Seth Mills is a great QB and will get better.
BellCo18 Wrote:Congrats Hounds. Got a long way to go to compete with these next 4 games coming up. Whitley just ran out of gas tonight. A lot of players going both ways for them with a lot cramping up. Seth Mills is a great QB and will get better.

Whitley is young and lacks depth, but they have some fine young players. They have some good backs that will smack you in the mouth in Lawson and Saylor.
My player of the game , Corbin Nick Yeager :Cheerlead
Proud of the Colonels, coach Irwin and the gang coaches their tales off and the kids fought hard. Very positive game for this group to build off of heading forward.
I’m happy for Whitley and Dougie, for the first time that I can remember Whitley took the field and wasn’t beaten before the kickoff...Hope they play the rest of the year the way they did tonight Go Colonels....Go Hounds ###CorbinForever###
Whitley sounds like they have improved a lot. A solid team last year that plays a tough schedule. By years end they may be hard to deal with.
Nobody details a team in the updates like 64SUR!! I felt like I was watching the game!!

Congratulations to the Redhounds on their win. I started wondering if Longmire had been injured but Yeager is also a dang beast!!! Very very impressive.

I was also very impressed with the Colonels. Sure looks as if they will turn things around and have a great season. I sure hope they do. Corbin could never put them away in this game; they were always bouncing back. Great job Whitley County!!!
single shot Wrote:I’m happy for Whitley and Dougie, for the first time that I can remember Whitley took the field and wasn’t beaten before the kickoff...Hope they play the rest of the year the way they did tonight Go Colonels....Go Hounds ###CorbinForever###

#WhitleyCountyForever #WeAreWhitley #GoColonels
Granny Bear Wrote:Nobody details a team in the updates like 64SUR!! I felt like I was watching the game!!

Congratulations to the Redhounds on their win. I started wondering if Longmire had been injured but Yeager is also a dang beast!!! Very very impressive.

I was also very impressed with the Colonels. Sure looks as if they will turn things around and have a great season. I sure hope they do. Corbin could never put them away in this game; they were always bouncing back. Great job Whitley County!!!

Whitley County only had a handful of penalties. They are very disciplined and play with a lot of heart. Their defense could be hard to deal with by the end of the season.
Impressed with Whitley co. last night. Outplayed Corbin first half hands down and come a long way since a year ago but lacking some depth. Coaches well prepared and put a stop to Longmire as he wasn’t a factor with Whitley’s defense. Yeager is a beast and carried the Hounds. Quarterback play for Whitley gives a bright future as well as impressive line. I believe Irwin and staff opened some eyes last night to future tallies in the win column. Hounds too much in the end.
Whitley may have turned the page. They were competitive and looked like they are putting together the pieces to consistently get better. The first half was not a fluke. Corbin wore them down with their depth but they were able to line up and play with Corbin through 31/2 quarters. Whitley needs to get their numbers up and with s little success that will happen. Young kids should be excited about playing football. They have put together an excellent staff. Future looks bright.
Pages: 1 2