Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 53 Prestonsburg 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congratulations to Pike Central
Congrats to Pike Central
Prestonsburg scored on their opening drive, but after that the Hawks woke up and took care of business the remainder of the game.

Prestonsburg has some nice athletes, but they are ways away from being the P-Burg of old.

As for PC, they were firing on all cylinders offensively. Newcomer Keegan Bentley has been a stud ever since he came out at the beginning of August and he performed outstanding in his debut, almost returned a punt for a TD and caught one TD through the air. Speaking of debuts, freshman Matt Anderson performed admirably in his 1st game scoring a pair of touchdowns.

Very stern test next week in the Pike County Bowl against Shelby Valley.
Congrats to the Hawks!

Prestonsburg is still a few years away from being near where they were several years ago. Just have to keep kids from transferring out.

Keep working hard Blackcats!
Prestonsburg is small and young. Tough combination to overcome.
Nice win for PCC. Congrats.
Has Prestonsburg's soccer program hurt the football team?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Congrats to the Hawks!

Prestonsburg is still a few years away from being near where they were several years ago. Just have to keep kids from transferring out.

Keep working hard Blackcats!

I agree BlackcatAlum, the program is really starting to feel the effects of all of the kids that transferred out of the program. I have heard there are fifteen to twenty kids who would have been juniors and seniors at Prestonsburg, that are currently playing for other schools in the area, specifically Paintsville. In all seriousness, Prestonsburg could only win one game this year, that being East Ridge. With that being said, I look for a step in the right direction next year, with only a hand full of seniors on this years team. Coach Brewer is the right man for the job, and I hope the administration gives him time to put his stamp on the program, because he has been dealt a bad hand. The man can coach and as you mentioned earlier, it all boils down to keeping the younger kids in the program.
If u can't play PC better than that, you might as well shut your program down. PC one of the bottom tier teams in mountains!!! Pburg schedule only gets tougher!!!
Budsqueezer Wrote:If u can't play PC better than that, you might as well shut your program down. PC one of the bottom tier teams in mountains!!! Pburg schedule only gets tougher!!!

Paintsville would most definitely be on the bottom tier if they didn’t have so many kids on their roster from other programs. How can you get on here and blast Prestonsburg’s performance when half of Paintsville’s team should be playing at Prestonsburg.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Paintsville would most definitely be on the bottom tier if they didn’t have so many kids on their roster from other programs. How can you get on here and blast Prestonsburg’s performance when half of Paintsville’s team should be playing at Prestonsburg.

True brother,
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Paintsville would most definitely be on the bottom tier if they didn’t have so many kids on their roster from other programs. How can you get on here and blast Prestonsburg’s performance when half of Paintsville’s team should be playing at Prestonsburg.

Pike central is alot better than most think.
Budsqueezer Wrote:If u can't play PC better than that, you might as well shut your program down. PC one of the bottom tier teams in mountains!!! Pburg schedule only gets tougher!!!

Where alot better than alot people think, not starting anything want so ever but never count a dog out of the fight wen it just starts.
I've seen one of PCC's linebackers getting some love from a few media outlets.......
Pretty sure the player that they are talking about is on the PCC wrestling team.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've seen one of PCC's linebackers getting some love from a few media outlets.......
Pretty sure the player that they are talking about is on the PCC wrestling team.

3 of PC's LB's are all wrestlers.

The one you are probably referring to is Nate Roberts.

Nate really broke out last season racking up 117 total tackles.

Also excels at OG.
Can Prestonsburg ever regain their glory? How did they slide this far?
E's Army Wrote:Can Prestonsburg ever regain their glory? How did they slide this far?

All sorts of things ultimately led to where the program stands today. I won't go into all of it because there's no use. I'm sure you can search for past threads or posts that'll give you some answers.

The program is in good hands now with coach Brewer and they have a good crop of young boys coming up over the next several years.

I'll add, Pike Central is no push over. The program has always had good athletes, they've always been in a tough district and region and just haven't been able to get over the hump, whether that's Belfry, Russell, Breathitt Co, Central, Lex Catholic, etc.
E's Army Wrote:Can Prestonsburg ever regain their glory? How did they slide this far?

Transfers.

And for someone who is on the outside looking in on the program. When those boys left for Paintsville everything but soccer went down the drain. No for whatever reason that group of boys left I can’t speak on because I have no clue but transfers is killing schools. And from a standpoint it looks good in the beginning when it’s first happening. But in the long run how has it benefited the kids or the schools they transferred to? Other than Chatlin leaving Prestonsburg to Pikeville to help them win a state title. I can’t name another on that has planned out to help the kid or the school they moved to athletically.

Comments like This are always the best! Prestonsburg is the reason they lost the amount of kids they did. They could have fixed it and kept the kids there. Incase you weren’t aware and it sounds like maybe your not, Paintsville has had a successful program and school well before the first kid ever left Prestonsburg. When you have schools such as Paintsville, Pikeville, Johnson Central in your immediate area and your not keeping your school and it’s programs up to par, unfortunately you run into problems like this. Kids transfer to these other schools in the area every year. Johnson Central gets their share of transfers and so does Pikeville. I have no doubt P Burg has learned from it and is fixing the problems to secure their future or at least I sure hope so.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Comments like This are always the best! Prestonsburg is the reason they lost the amount of kids they did. They could have fixed it and kept the kids there. Incase you weren’t aware and it sounds like maybe your not, Paintsville has had a successful program and school well before the first kid ever left Prestonsburg. When you have schools such as Paintsville, Pikeville, Johnson Central in your immediate area and your not keeping your school and it’s programs up to par, unfortunately you run into problems like this. Kids transfer to these other schools in the area every year. Johnson Central gets their share of transfers and so does Pikeville. I have no doubt P Burg has learned from it and is fixing the problems to secure their future or at least I sure hope so.
Bingo! But it’s not just a Prestonsburg problem. It’s a Floyd County problem. Floyd Central and Betsy Layne both lost kids. Basically everyone in the 57th and Pikeville are thriving thanks to sports not being cared about in Floyd County. It’s just as simple as that.
Coach Brewer is the man for the job in P-Burg. He turned Powell County completely around and won a few games nobody gave them a chance in just because of his coaching ability’s and drive to make the kids play to their full potential. Is he a great young coach? Undoubtedly so. But the program is losing kids left and right the last few years to transfer out to play for a state championship caliber team. I hope Brewer can secure his kids in the school system and build his program from the roots back up like he started to at Powell. Goodluck Brewer, i’m in your corner and know you’ll get it figured out.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:Coach Brewer is the man for the job in P-Burg. He turned Powell County completely around and won a few games nobody gave them a chance in just because of his coaching ability’s and drive to make the kids play to their full potential. Is he a great young coach? Undoubtedly so. But the program is losing kids left and right the last few years to transfer out to play for a state championship caliber team. I hope Brewer can secure his kids in the school system and build his program from the roots back up like he started to at Powell. Goodluck Brewer, i’m in your corner and know you’ll get it figured out.
I fully believe Brewer is a great coach, but he has to has something to work with. He has very little talent at the high school level and next to nothing coming up from the middle school. There’s no way he understood how bad things were in Prestonsburg before he came. I feel bad for him honestly.
BCF4L Wrote:Bingo! But it’s not just a Prestonsburg problem. It’s a Floyd County problem. Floyd Central and Betsy Layne both lost kids. Basically everyone in the 57th and Pikeville are thriving thanks to sports not being cared about in Floyd County. It’s just as simple as that.

As a Betsy Layne boy. I can attest to this and agree whole heartedly and it hurts my heart. We are seeing our kids at one time move to Pikeville and help carry them to greatness while we celebrate wins like the super bowl cause we never win anymore.

And I’ll never blame the kids or parents, those kids aren’t leaving Betsy Layne. Betsy Layne is giving them away and that’s something I’ve always said.

Sorry back on topic now! Had to get that off my chest