Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 33 Pulaski County 20 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good scrimmage overall
Good start before taking on Bardstown next week. Sounds like the varsity and JV came through, both making a solid effort.
Good win for Pikeville......but scrimmages don't mean squat.
Last scrimmage I said the running game had to become a thing and Pikeville becomes very, very scary. #4 hit holes tonight hard and ran through man Pulaski arm tackles. ONce McNamee grows into his arm and they get their timing down. Pikeville will be very hard not to be the favorite in 1A. Their defense is solid and they have playmakers to go one on one with anyone in my opinion.
Spud6 Wrote:Last scrimmage I said the running game had to become a thing and Pikeville becomes very, very scary. #4 hit holes tonight hard and ran through man Pulaski arm tackles. ONce McNamee grows into his arm and they get their timing down. Pikeville will be very hard not to be the favorite in 1A. Their defense is solid and they have playmakers to go one on one with anyone in my opinion.
They are definitely the favorite, but it's a long season.
This was a great improvement from last weeks game and the Panthers defense came to play. A lot better on both lines of scrimmage. Still some stuff to work on but definitely seen some of Pikeville’s talent to night. The real thing starts Saturday night for these young men but a world a deference in the execution tonight but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
pjdoug Wrote:They are definitely the favorite, but it's a long season.

Are they over raceland? Haven’t heard of Williamsburg either
Patriot1 Wrote:This was a great improvement from last weeks game and the Panthers defense came to play. A lot better on both lines of scrimmage. Still some stuff to work on but definitely seen some of Pikeville’s talent to night. The real thing starts Saturday night for these young men but a world a deference in the execution tonight but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Great to see Hensley back. That kid makes big plays and will take Pikeville over to the promise land.
FoSho Wrote:Good win for Pikeville......but scrimmages don't mean squat.

Yeah, yeah, yeah… That just makes 14 times you have said that tonight.
Spud6 Wrote:Are they over raceland? Haven’t heard of Williamsburg either

63-12 Final over Montgomery Co.
38-12 vs starters.
Again, as I said last week about scrimmages. Youre never as good or bad as you look. There were some things to get excited about for sure. But, there’s still plenty of room to get better in every facet of the game for Pikeville. Best of luck to Pulaski this season!
Slic Ric Wrote:63-12 Final over Montgomery Co.
38-12 vs starters.

That doesn’t help me. Is Montgomery county any good?
FoSho Wrote:Good win for Pikeville......but scrimmages don't mean squat.

Have to disagree again FoSho, the are very helpful in seeing things that needs worked on and to get better at. Now if your a big school that has all these players that has enough players to have a defense and offensive teams not so much because you are going against the starters but for most teams and even Boyle that play a lot of guys both ways not so much. For that matter if they don’t mean squat as you say why do all teams have them. Agree they don’t mean much for wins and loses it’s just a tool to show these young men where they can improve. Same thing you could say about non-district games in the past they don’t mean squat until now with this new system the khsaa has blessed us with. I am a firm believer in a team will play the way they practice and a scrimmage is a practice and you have terrible execution in practice you most likely will do the same in a game. Just my opinion but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Spud6 Wrote:That doesn’t help me. Is Montgomery county any good?

From what I can gather Montgomery County is usually a solid 10-20 5A school. They seem to have a solid regular season each year but get bounced out of the playoffs either in the 2md round or in the 3rd round by one of the big hitters in the class. They had over 100 kids on the sideline though. Ran the Wing T really well. Juat had no passing game or answer for ours.
Spud6 Wrote:Are they over raceland? Haven’t heard of Williamsburg either

I think Pikeville is the overall favorite for sure, but Raceland has a very solid team that could knock anybody off, and Williamsburg thinks they can make it to Kroger Field.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, yeah, yeah… That just makes 14 times you have said that tonight.

:biglmao:
Patriot1 Wrote:Have to disagree again FoSho, the are very helpful in seeing things that needs worked on and to get better at. Now if your a big school that has all these players that has enough players to have a defense and offensive teams not so much because you are going against the starters but for most teams and even Boyle that play a lot of guys both ways not so much. For that matter if they don’t mean squat as you say why do all teams have them. Agree they don’t mean much for wins and loses it’s just a tool to show these young men where they can improve. Same thing you could say about non-district games in the past they don’t mean squat until now with this new system the khsaa has blessed us with. I am a firm believer in a team will play the way they practice and a scrimmage is a practice and you have terrible execution in practice you most likely will do the same in a game. Just my opinion but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I heard Kash Daniel on the radio last night talking about practicing the way you play in a game, and how the new guys have to get used to the atmosphere.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:From what I can gather Montgomery County is usually a solid 10-20 5A school. They seem to have a solid regular season each year but get bounced out of the playoffs either in the 2md round or in the 3rd round by one of the big hitters in the class. They had over 100 kids on the sideline though. Ran the Wing T really well. Juat had no passing game or answer for ours.

it's funny how a lot of run oriented teams can't pass or defend the pass.
pjdoug Wrote:I think Pikeville is the overall favorite for sure, but Raceland has a very solid team that could knock anybody off, and Williamsburg thinks they can make it to Kroger Field.

It's great that they think that, now they just need to be several TDs better than the last 2 years.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, yeah, yeah… That just makes 14 times you have said that tonight.

UNLESS- Boyle doesn't play well or it's a team he doesn't like or ranked higher than Boyle
jetpilot Wrote:It's great that they think that, now they just need to be several TDs better than the last 2 years.
I see that you're still stuck in the past. lol. if that case Williamsburg should back in the past a couple more years.
I was at the scrimmage and have no dog in the fight. My observation of Pikeville. Speed speed speed strong strong strong. A- grade. Don't see nobody in class A beating them. They will get better too. Quarterback has a strong arm. Offensive and defensive lines are solid. Running game is solid and depth at that postion. Special teams are good. This program has reach the top and will stay there for years to come.
My prediction: CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONS AND A TOP OCERALL RANKING IN STATE OF KENTUCKY
pjdoug Wrote:I see that you're still stuck in the past. lol. if that case Williamsburg should back in the past a couple more years.

You keep saying that but yes I am taking into account their last game that was a running clock at the beginning of the second quarter and what they have coming back. If that isn't good info than what is the info they are basing getting to Kroger on? They have to be several Tds better than last year, that's just a fact. If they really want to get to Kroger they know it's true.
jetpilot Wrote:You keep saying that but yes I am taking into account their last game that was a running clock at the beginning of the second quarter and what they have coming back. If that isn't good info than what is the info they are basing getting to Kroger on? They have to be several Tds better than last year, that's just a fact. If they really want to get to Kroger they know it's true.

Some of my words are missing. I'm stating a fact that you are stuck in the past and need to come to the future. I don't care if they or go or not. I'm just saying what they think. They ain't basing it on information. They just think they are good enough to make it to Lexington.
Spud6 Wrote:That doesn’t help me. Is Montgomery county any good?

No!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:No!!

Thanks!
jetpilot Wrote:It's great that they think that, now they just need to be several TDs better than the last 2 years.

Didn’t Pikeville beat Paintsville really bad a couple years ago. Then Paintsville beat them in the playoffs?
Dline Wrote:Didn’t Pikeville beat Paintsville really bad a couple years ago. Then Paintsville beat them in the playoffs?

Yes but Paintsville had some kid by the name of Kash Daniel on the team and also some other borderline D-1 talent to go along with him.
2000PHS Wrote:Yes but Paintsville had some kid by the name of Kash Daniel on the team and also some other borderline D-1 talent to go along with him.

Paintsville had all D-1 backfield w Daniel, Belcher and the guy from Huntington they claimed off waivers for the playoffs. Pikeville had some key people banged up as well. W'burg has to get much better plain and simple.
pjdoug Wrote:Some of my words are missing. I'm stating a fact that you are stuck in the past and need to come to the future. I don't care if they or go or not. I'm just saying what they think. They ain't basing it on information. They just think they are good enough to make it to Lexington.

They can think anything they want, I think I can whip King Kong and nobody cares. You can't tell somebody to get in the future when your last game could have been 100-0 and you will see mostly the same people on the field next time. If Williamsburg can give Somerset a game I will be on board.
Pages: 1 2