Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class A Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Pikeville
2. Campbellsville
3. Newport Central Catholic
4. Williamsburg
5. Paintsville
6. Raceland
7. Crittenden County
8. Hazard
9. Kentucky Country Day
10. Frankfort

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings are compiled by a panel selected from this site
Where’s the beef?
mysonis55 Wrote:Where’s the beef?

Pikeville,Campbellville 27 players strong, Raceland and Williamsburg :worthy:
I think Paintsville,Raceland and Williamsburg are all better than Campbellsville.
Pikeville is the only team that is proven over the last decade AND returns a helluva lot from last year. Everything else imk, is a crapshoot. You could shake 2-6 up in a hat and not be wrong. Same thing for 7-10
After seeing Raceland in person, I honestly believe the Rams will have a huge say in how 1A plays out this year. I know it was just a scrimmage but Raceland impressed the hell out of me in all three phases of the game in our scrimmage against them. The Rams are legit folks!
Looks about right to me
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Pikeville is the only team that is proven over the last decade AND returns a helluva lot from last year. Everything else imk, is a crapshoot. You could shake 2-6 up in a hat and not be wrong. Same thing for 7-10

Define proven. You are talking ole crazy talk. lol
From a state title standpoint. Being a legit contender each year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:From a state title standpoint. Being a legit contender each year.
Hazard went to 3 and won 1 in this decade? Pikeville only went to 2 and won 1? Williamsburg went to 2 in a row and lost a heart breaker in the last one Smile
1. Pikeville

2. Newport Central Catholic
3. Raceland
4. Paintsville

5. Campbellsville
6. Hazard
7. Crittenden
8. Williamsburg

9. Who
10. cares
Comments are welcome, even negative ones.

However, no bitching and griping unless you volunteered to be on Westy's panel!!!

Confusednicker:
:moon:
I can’t believe I’m saying this but....I’m with pjdoug!! People are drinking the Pikeville kool aid and it seems way premature! If they win 2 out of the next 4 then I’ll jump on the wagon but let’s see what happens first! I know Pikeville has a bunch of transfers and sometimes that doesn’t make for good team chemistry,that’s gonna be their biggest competition through their first 5 or 6 games! Let’s just enjoy some football!
Granny Bear Wrote:Comments are welcome, even negative ones.

However, no bitching and griping unless you volunteered to be on Westy's panel!!!

Confusednicker:
:moon:

Oh hell granny panties! U know full well we gotta bitch!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I can’t believe I’m saying this but....I’m with pjdoug!! People are drinking the Pikeville kool aid and it seems way premature! If they win 2 out of the next 4 then I’ll jump on the wagon but let’s see what happens first! I know Pikeville has a bunch of transfers and sometimes that doesn’t make for good team chemistry,that’s gonna be their biggest competition through their first 5 or 6 games! Let’s just enjoy some football!

Pikeville has one transfer that I'm aware of and his mother and uncle are PHS grads. Roster is out w/ 60 players.
jetpilot Wrote:1. Pikeville

2. Newport Central Catholic
3. Raceland
4. Paintsville

5. Campbellsville
6. Hazard
7. Crittenden
8. Williamsburg

9. Who
10. cares
Williamsburg will go through Campbellsville like a dose of castor oil.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I can’t believe I’m saying this but....I’m with pjdoug!! People are drinking the Pikeville kool aid and it seems way premature! If they win 2 out of the next 4 then I’ll jump on the wagon but let’s see what happens first! I know Pikeville has a bunch of transfers and sometimes that doesn’t make for good team chemistry,that’s gonna be their biggest competition through their first 5 or 6 games! Let’s just enjoy some football!
:Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg will go through Campbellsville like a dose of castor oil.

I hope so dougie.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville has one transfer that I'm aware of and his mother and uncle are PHS grads. Roster is out w/ 60 players.

I was just going by all the chatter that was on here the last year! I guess it was all bs then hahah
One from Madison Southern, I guess the only actual high school transfer. Twins from Letcher County, one from Betsy Layne and I heard the twins from Belfry went back. Maybe someone closer to the program could enlighten us.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I was just going by all the chatter that was on here the last year! I guess it was all bs then hahah

What's the ol adage? Don't believe any of what you hear, and only half of what you see? So I guess when the Rams take on Pikeville, instead of seeing 100 on the Panther's sideline you'll see 58, and that's no BS..:biggrin:
Josiewales Wrote:One from Madison Southern, I guess the only actual high school transfer. Twins from Letcher County, one from Betsy Layne and I heard the twins from Belfry went back. Maybe someone closer to the program could enlighten us.

If that's the case then, net three, not bad.
Twins enrolled as freshmen. Not transfers.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Oh hell granny panties! U know full well we gotta bitch!

I don't mind the criticism at all. I have thick alligator skin. Bring it.
What did Campbellsville lose off of their team from last year?
I dont understand all the NCC love.
Personally I could care less who you put on top pre season it don’t get you anything. At the end is when it counts and it’s along season and it’s up to which teams stay healthy and works the hardest that wins. I personally think there are 5 or maybe 6 teams that will compete for that championship in 1A this year and good luck to all and hope they all stay injury free but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Personally I could care less who you put on top pre season it don’t get you anything. At the end is when it counts and it’s along season and it’s up to which teams stay healthy and works the hardest that wins. I personally think there are 5 or maybe 6 teams that will compete for that championship in 1A this year and good luck to all and hope they all stay injury free but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
plantmanky Wrote:I dont understand all the NCC love.

In a class that doesn't seem to have a clear cut #2, they seem to be the easy pick. They would have been (arguably) the third best team in 1A last year, now one of those two teams that would have been ahead of them is gone.

And I know that someone is going to tell me not to compare scores, but they also took a DeSales team, who had wins against St. Xavier, Butler, Lexington Catholic, and North Hardin, down to the wire in the playoffs last year.

I could definitely see several 1A teams being better than them at season's end, but for now they "seem" like the safest pick to be right there behind Pikeville.
Pages: 1 2