Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie @ pineville 8-16-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing Leslie beat hazard in the scrimmage seeing how physical they are sets them off from the last two seasons will be a much better team this year come district time after they work out all their kinks they will be a force to be reckoned with with that being said what’s ur thoughts about the scrimmage as the eagles roll down straight creek to take on the lions
Leslie was very physical. Have a loaded junior class and freshman class. Hear the Pugh kid and the big Freshman lineman are the real deal.
Eagleln Wrote:Seeing Leslie beat hazard in the scrimmage seeing how physical they are sets them off from the last two seasons will be a much better team this year come district time after they work out all their kinks they will be a force to be reckoned with with that being said what’s ur thoughts about the scrimmage as the eagles roll down straight creek to take on the lions

Leslie beat Hazard in the 10-play format 2-1. Hazard won the 2-10’quarter format. So overall Varsity was 3-2 Hazard.But back to this week, Leslie should take care of Pineville. If the Frazier kid gets eligible it could make it interesting. But Leslie will get better every week and they were a very young team last season. So The sky is the limit for Leslie.
Not too much can be read into these scrimmages, but it does get the fans excited. I looked on KHSAA and Pineville won 50-12 last year. I know it’s a new year and many changes. Not sure if I will be going to this scrimmage because of another one. However, Leslie has new weapons, but Pineville isn’t lacking talent either.
four quarters Wrote:Not too much can be read into these scrimmages, but it does get the fans excited. I looked on KHSAA and Pineville won 50-12 last year. I know it’s a new year and many changes. Not sure if I will be going to this scrimmage because of another one. However, Leslie has new weapons, but Pineville isn’t lacking talent either.

That loss last year was a sure shocker to me. I still can’t understand how Berea beat Pineville. I know things happen but I’m still trying to figure that out.
These 10 play scrimmages really give teams a chance to practice against someone other than their team. 10 plays and 10 plays 2nd string and 3rd stringers playing. Enjoy the weekend because it all starts NEXT Friday!! Go mountain teams👍🏼
The Pugh kid is pretty good but I don’t see him getting the start this year unless Napier or Spurlock get hurt I don’t see the big lineman getting the start either but the next few years are definitely bright for this young eagles team
And Leslie had 3 touchdowns in the scrimmage at hazard so it was a tie?
Eagleln Wrote:And Leslie had 3 touchdowns in the scrimmage at hazard so it was a tie?

I’m not sure who scored the first one, but 2nd 1 was Trent Asher. Asher also had a big 60 yard catch later in scrimmage which Leslie ended up turning over on downs inside the 10, but didn’t score that drive.
They did score twice one of the 10 play sets
Deleted
The Leslie County fans have to be excited because of 4-7 and 3/8 seasons. There is an upside to those years. However, we’re talking about scrimmages and controlled contact/hitting. Not regular season with penalties and everything else.
Who plays before at 6
Casey Collet scores the first
Leslie County wins by 3+ TDs
MountainBaller Wrote:Casey Collet scores the first

Thanks, he come wide open on that post across the middle. I knew who scored the 2nd one because of his speed and being familiar with working with his dad before.
He is a big receiver. Looks to be about 6’3”
I think the mountain Lions will be okay in this one!
Leslie 18 Pineville 7 Final
Frazier kid played tonight... not impressed
Long year for lions and yellow jackets..
Whitley scored on every possession.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Frazier kid played tonight... not impressed

Yep cant speak on Pineville but watching Middlesboro tonite, WOW. Still cant see Middlesboro winning many and that's with a much easier district and schedule from the last few yrs.
Middlesboro Middle is pretty good maybe the boro can compete in about 3-4 yrs.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Frazier kid played tonight... not impressed

How did you watch both games? Lions showed much improvement tonight. They will improve every week. They are learning all new systems. C. Frazier has practiced two days........... enough said. Everyone knows how good he is. Leslie scored once in 20 minutes of play. Then they had a short yardage series from the 10. Lions have to sure up pass defense. Scrimmages over and now the real deal. Go Lions!!!!
Casey didn’t play this game. Asher had one td and Farler had two. I saw the plays on Facebook