Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson County Youth Baseball/Softball at State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JCYBS will have teams participating in various state tournaments this week. In the Cal Ripken divisions, coach pitch 8under begins play this week in Louisville, 10under and 12under both begin play today at 5pm in Lexington. Babe Ruth 14under begins state play later in the week. 10 under and 12under Girl's Softball both begin State competition this week as well. 14under Softball girls took place in State action this past weekend, going 1-2. We would like to wish all the teams from Paintsville and Johnson County the BEST of LUCK in representing all of Johnson county at the various State Tournament sites!

WSIP will be carrying the majority of these games live and on tape delay.

For anyone interested, we will try and do our best to keep up with all the results on the JCYBS wesite..... jcybs.baberuthnetwork.com (there is no "www." prior to the address, some confusion with that this year!! haha)

another place that does a REALLY great job with some of these tourneys is www.wlstats.net
full brackets, full boxscores, etc.
Hope these kids have fun and good luck to em'
Harrison County 4
Johnson County 3
End of 3rd Inning
What was the final score?
Where is Johnson County playing their games at in Louisville? I wouldn't mind going out and watching a few games down here. Thanks for any info guys.
THe 12u girls will be playing at 5:00pm the 13th at Fern Creek park.The 10 u girls will be playing at 6:00pm at Mt Washington.The 8u boys will be playing at 8:00pm at Fern Creek park.
Wednesday's action for JC saw the 12under boys lose to a real nice Harrison Co team, 9-4. JC will face Lake Cumberland today at 3pm.

In the 10under boys, JC was dealt a 20-0 loss by the defending state champion Southeastern. JC will face the winner of today's 3pm game between Danville-Boyle Co and Boone Co, tonite at 7pm.
Thanks, I'll do my best to get out to the games and show some support for the local kids.
Thursday saw the johnson county 12under boys team defeat Lake cumberland 9-3. This advances JC to fridays game vs.Hikes Point out of Louisville. The game is scheduled for 5pm and will be carried on tape delay around 7pm on WSIP, at the conclusion of the live broadcast of the girl's 10under softball opener for JC in louisville which will begin at 6pm.
JC 10under boys today defeated Danville-Boyle County 16-0 to advance to play either South lexington or scott county on Saturday at 2pm. Great job guys, and KEEP IT UP!!!
Give a guy some directions on how to get there from either Waterson, 64 or 65. Every gas station I stopped at this evening had no clue what I was talking about. I have nothing to do tomorrow and would like to go watch the kids play.
hey man, i hit ya up a PM. thanks for the interest and support, especially from a hardcore Tiger man. haha
Ring'Em Up Wrote:hey man, i hit ya up a PM. thanks for the interest and support, especially from a hardcore Tiger man. haha

No problem, but I tend to keep it neutral now days with the high school rivalry. Little League and Cal Ripken are one in the same if you ask me, at least the kids are out there playing and having fun.
According to a phone call from one of the parents, JC 11-12's won on Friday 4-0 to advance to the 3:00 game on Saturday. They are down to 4 teams. If they win at 3:00 on Saturday, they will play at 7:00. If they win both games on Saturday, they would advance to the championship on Sunday. Good luck guys.
I heard the 10 and under Softball team won their game. Any confirmation on that score.
Congrats to those kids on winning their respective games.
What about thr team yhat was playing at Fern Creek at 8.
Friday's action for the various teams from JCYBS taking place in state tourney action saw as follows:

The 12under boy's defeated Hikes Point by a score of 4-0, advancing them to the Final 4. They now play Northern Cal Ripken at 3pm on Saturday. A win at 3pm would send them to a 7 pm game Sat vs the loser of South Lex/Harrison Co.

10under boy's were off Friday, but will play at 2pm Sat vs Scott Co. A win would advance them to play at 6pm Sat.

8under boy's defeated Northern by a score of 21-6, and now play Saturday at 2pm vs the winner of this morning's 10am game.

12under girl's softball were defeated 14-4 and now play Sat at 11am vs Lincoln Co.

10under girl's softball won by a score of 8-7 over St Matthews. They now advance to play at 11am vs Jeffersontown on Sat.

The WSIP radio schedule for Saturday is as follows, with all 3 games on a tape delay:
5pm 12under Girls softball (from 11am)
7pm 10under Girls softball (from 11am)
9pm 12under boys 9 (from 3pm)
Thanks to everyone at WSIP for doing their best to give each team some coverage back home.
I know this is baseball forum, but since we started the topic in here, i will jus keep it all together. The 12under and 10under softball games from 11am this morning are final. these 2 games are being played on tape delay this evening on WSIP, so i wont ruin it for anyone who may want to listen. anyone wanting to know the outcomes and schedules for them, PM me and i will get ya soon.
Saturday July 14th
Saturday saw nonstop action from Lexington to Louisville for the various 2007 JCYBS All Star teams.
Beginning with 12under boy's action, JC was defeated by Northern Cal Ripken by a score of 11-7, ending their run at a State Title in 4th place.
In 10under boy's, JC won their first game of the day over Scott County by a score of 16-12, then went on to be defeated by Lake Cumberland later in the day by a score of 9-2, also placing them with a 4th place finish in State competition.
In 8under boy's action, JC lost Sat afternoon 17-11 to Jeffersontown, then went on to defeat Spencer Co Sat nite, advancing them to Sunday play, beginnng at 12:45.
In 12under Girl's softball, JC defeated Lincoln Co 20-9, then were eliminated from State competition later in the day by a score of 22-10.
The 10under Girl's softball team got their mark to 2-0 Saturday morning by defeating Jeffersontown 14-3, but then were dealt a 15-0 loss later in the day. They will move on to Sunday action at 3pm.
Johnson County Youth Baseball/Softball wants to congratulate ALL the teams representing Johnson County on fine showings across the state, and want to wish the remaining teams THE BEST OF LUCK in Sunday's action.
As soon as the WSIP radio schedule is determined for Sunday, I will post for anyone wishing to listen to Sunday's semifinal round action in the 2 remaining divisions.
Congrats to all the kids on a great tourney!!
Johnson Co. 12 and under finished third in hitting and fourth in pitching out of the nine teams and were competitive in the two losses. Great effort!
Way to go guys. I am proud of every one of these young men. I am especially proud of two of the young men for certain reasons..... Bo Robbins and Jared Wheeler.