Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Four Dead, Others Injured After I-75 Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Kentucky State Police at least three people are dead, and nine more people have been injured in a crash on Interstate 75 in Whitley County.

Police say Raymond Garner of Tennessee was heading northbound, when he lost control of his pick-up, crossed the median and hit three other vehicles. Investigators have now charged Garner with three counts of murder. State Police say he was drunk at the time of the crash.

Police tell 27 NEWSFIRST that 25-year-old Cindy Hass of Cleveland died in the crash. She was pregnant. Her unborn child also died.
We've also learned that 8-year-old Gus Pontikis of Illinois was killed.
Police tell 27 NEWFIRST 14 people in all were involved in the accident.
Dispatchers say most of the injured went to the University of Tennessee Hospital, while
others went to UK, the Corbin Hospital, and the hospital in Jellico.

I-75 southbound was closed at the ten mile marker; just south of Williamsburg. Those lanes have since re-opened.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/8402757.html
that is awful.
Drunk driving at its worse again. That's a shame.

And it's odd that the drunk, plus all the deceased are out of staters.
He had been arrested for DUI several times before and he was allowed out to keep roaming the roads!! Our DUI laws are an absolute joke!!
bball fan Wrote:He had been arrested for DUI several times before and he was allowed out to keep roaming the roads!! Our DUI laws are an absolute joke!!
the Judge that allowed this person to be free is the joke.
alfus21 Wrote:Drunk driving at its worse again. That's a shame.

And it's odd that the drunk, plus all the deceased are out of staters.

I agree Alfus, that is like another thread in the political forum about the prosecutor in Johnson County. It is unacceptable, no matter who you are.