Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2A Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
kentuckyprepgridiron.com

1. Mayfield
2. Breathitt County
3. Beechwood
4. Lexington Christian
5. Somerset
6. Walton Verona
7. Shelby Valley
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Danville
10. Todd County (tie)
10. McLean County(tie)
Danville hasn't owned 2A district 7. Since it's inception with Danville, LCA, Middlesboro, and Somerset in 2011, it's pretty much been even between Danville and Somerset.
catsrule Wrote:kentuckyprepgridiron.com

1. Mayfield
2. Breathitt County
3. Beechwood
4. Lexington Christian
5. Somerset
6. Walton Verona
7. Shelby Valley
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Danville
10. Todd County (tie)
10. McLean County(tie)

Makes me wonder what you been :partyhard: because anyone who thinks Breathitt Co is better than Beechwood and Somerset is out in left field.
JustThinking Wrote:Makes me wonder what you been :partyhard: because anyone who thinks Breathitt Co is better than Beechwood and Somerset is out in left field.

The author of this article has a son who plays for Breathitt. Enough said.
If Todd Central wins more than 4 games, I'll be surprised. I can see McLean Co as they were pretty solid last year, but, I still think ranking them is a stretch. I'd have either of Caldwell Co or Murray ahead of them, even with heavy losses.
Breathitt co not a top 10 team
did breathitt move down to 2a??
raiderfan1 Wrote:did breathitt move down to 2a??

Yes, District 7 in 2A.

1. Mayfield
2. Breathitt County
3. Beechwood
4. Lexington Christian
5. Somerset
6. Walton Verona
7. Shelby Valley
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Danville
10. Todd County (tie)
10. McLean County(tie)

8. Danville
9. Murray or Caldwell
10. Owensboro Catholic

Murray beat a senior heavy Catholic team last year.
Newport and Lloyd should be pretty good and in the top 10.
Mayfield
Somerset
Beechwood
LCA
Breathitt Co
Danville
OB Catholic
Caldwell Co
WVerona
Murray
1) Mayfield

2) Somerset
3) Beechwood
4) Caldwell Co
5) Breathitt Co
6) LCA
7) Murray
8) Owensboro Cath
9) Danville
10) Glasgow/ Walton-Verona
mysonis55 Wrote:1) Mayfield

2) Somerset
3) Beechwood
4) Caldwell Co
5) Breathitt Co
6) LCA
7) Murray
8) Owensboro Cath
9) Danville

Glasgow moved up to 3a this year.

1. Mayfield
2. Breathitt County
3. Beechwood
4. Lexington Christian
5. Somerset
6. Walton Verona
7. Shelby Valley
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Danville
10. Todd County (tie)
10. McLean County(tie)

lol @ 2. etc. etc.
JustThinking Wrote:Makes me wonder what you been :partyhard: because anyone who thinks Breathitt Co is better than Beechwood and Somerset is out in left field.

smoking more than a left handed c-gret. lol
JumperPride1 Wrote:The author of this article has a son who plays for Breathitt. Enough said.

I'd put Danville in the 6 spot.
mysonis55 Wrote:1) Mayfield

2) Somerset
3) Beechwood
4) Caldwell Co
5) Breathitt Co
6) LCA
7) Murray
8) Owensboro Cath
9) Danville

I agree with your top 3 for the first time ever. Don't let it happen again.
I respect Caldwell county and their program but I don’t think they will be anywhere near the top 10 this year
55RedDog Wrote:I respect Caldwell county and their program but I don’t think they will be anywhere near the top 10 this year

The thing about Caldwell is that they have consistently dressed 55-65 kids every year and have developed a really solid feeder system, so, while they lost a lot of star power off last years team, they will have plenty of options to fill those holes. There program is to the point that they reload more so than rebuild and have good stability in there coaching staff. Not sure they'll be a contender to win it all, but, they'll be competitive and should easily be a Top 10 team and possibly Top 5 by years end as they always play a competitive schedule that'll prepare them for a playoff run.
While Breathitt Co may well have Top 5 talent, I just don't see how there schedule does them any favors. I'm pretty sure they'll have a gaudy record, even undefeated possibly, but, how will they respond when they play a team capable of smacking them in the mouth and matching up physically, which is what they'll see in the later rounds of the playoffs? It's tough to win a title, but, nearly impossible when you don't play any games that challenge you or your starters all of a sudden have to play a full 4 quarters vs 2 to 2 1/2.. Makes a difference..
Sorry about that. All these changes confuse me at times. So, W-V would be my #10 alone. I remember some of the talent that CC has in this class. I can tell you with utmost confidence, they will be in top ten. They still have the coach as well.

I've watched a practice or 2 of Breathitt.
From what I have seen this is the best all around team Breathitt has had since the 02 title. There going to be special. With exception of South Laurel which I don't know much about there isn't a team on their schedule that can play within 3 TDs of the Bobcats. There schedule is epically weak. I hope this doesn't hurt them come playoffs. With this my h talent I don't think it will unless it's against Mayfield
Mayfield will be special offensively. Stinson returns for a 3rd year as starter and he has a great arm and accuracy. With Neely, Perry and Daniels, he'll have 3 top notch receivers to throw to. The OL returns 3 starters and another that played some key minutes, so, they should be good there. Jackson and Galbreath give them a solid 1-2 punch at RB, as well.

The only concern I have with them this year is defensively. I think the secondary will be fine and should be good against the pass, but, they'll need to do a better job against the run. Too many games last year, they'd give up big chunks on the ground. A team that can sustain drives and put up points in the process, keeping that offense off the field, could cause some problems. The key is making those drives turn into points, otherwise, they'll turn around and be 21 down before they know what hit them. You don't want to get into a shootout with them, for sure.

1. Mayfield
2. Breathitt County
3. Beechwood
4. Lexington Christian
5. Somerset
6. Walton Verona
7. Shelby Valley
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Danville
10. Todd County (tie)
10. McLean County(tie)

That looks weird without two schools that have been there for awhile. I'm gonna miss 2A football. Good luck to you guys.
ColtPride Wrote:That looks weird without two schools that have been there for awhile. I'm gonna miss 2A football. Good luck to you guys.

Yea kinda but at least you can still see the Cardinals right up there
KYHSFBFan Wrote:While Breathitt Co may well have Top 5 talent, I just don't see how there schedule does them any favors. I'm pretty sure they'll have a gaudy record, even undefeated possibly, but, how will they respond when they play a team capable of smacking them in the mouth and matching up physically, which is what they'll see in the later rounds of the playoffs? It's tough to win a title, but, nearly impossible when you don't play any games that challenge you or your starters all of a sudden have to play a full 4 quarters vs 2 to 2 1/2.. Makes a difference..

They won't have to wait for the playoffs for a physical team to hit them in the mouth...
Breathitt Co. has problems, like most 2A Schools do. My big thing with them is the Ol and the DL. I agree with the above post Leslie Co. Will hit them in the mouth, always have all the way back to Floyd Hines Coached teams. Strange things happen on the banks of the Middle Fork. Look out for my Eagles.
My Rankings would be:

1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Somerset
4. Lexington Christian
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Breathitt Co.
7. Murray
8. Walton Verona
9. Caldwell Co.
10. Danville/Shelby Valley
Fancy Farm picnic is over. Now, it’s really football season.
a lot of post are on here talking about Breathitt over rated!!!!! Maybe right now but you folks see at the end of season!!! Yeah schedule could of been tougher but with that been said there going be well rested and hopefully injury free going in playoffS!!!! This will not be one done season for Breathitt they will be good for while!!!! Looking forward to one heck of ride!!!
Pages: 1 2