Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Expectations? Schedule?
What kind of numbers do they have out?
I’ve heard mid 40’s. I know they’ve had a lot playing 7 on 7 last week.
Should at least win 6 games.
If the Tigers can win that many that would be huge, haven’t won that many in a long long time.
If Clay were having their roster last year (4 losses at the end by a score) or even the one before, they would win 4–5 games with this schedule. I’m just not real sure where the big plays come from. Hopefully some kids have really developed during the offseason. They have a lineman that would make a killer tight end but that’s probably a personnel issue. Vast improvements were made last year, unfortunately that doesn’t always change the W/L column.
Aug 23, 19 Floyd Central home
Sep 6, 19 Mason County home
Sep 13, 19 Lynn Camp away
Sep 20, 19 Leslie County away
Sep 27, 19 Harlan County home
Oct 4, 19 Johnson Central away
Oct 11, 19 Letcher Central home
Oct 18, 19 Perry Central away
Oct 25, 19 Magoffin County home
Nov 1, 19 Green County home
They have done a good job getting back to a competitive level and it seems like they are on the right track. They were as bad a team as any in the area a couple years ago. Six wins would be an impressive feat, I’m not sure they have won much more than six in the last decade combined. Here’s to hoping they get over the hump.
DarthVader Wrote:They have done a good job getting back to a competitive level and it seems like they are on the right track. They were as bad a team as any in the area a couple years ago. Six wins would be an impressive feat, I’m not sure they have won much more than six in the last decade combined. Here’s to hoping they get over the hump.

That has been the hard part the last two seasons, they’ve been competitive against reasonable competition but couldn’t close the gap. The Tigers played some really good football during the mid to late 00’s. Went 8-4 in 5A in 2010 and honesty should've been better than that. I’d love to get back to 6-4 regular seasons.
Hoping to see a good season from the tigers
Clay will win 3-4 games at the most.
Clay Co will start out 4-0 and then see how District turns out and end season on 2 wins
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Clay Co will start out 4-0 and then see how District turns out and end season on 2 wins

That would be a heck of a season in our eyes. Haha obviously would like to find a district win, if possible.
looked to be much improved in their scrimmage yesterday I think they could surprise a couple of teams this year. Only time will tell.
Great effort and performance against Jackson Co. Friday night by ALL Tigers; from the varsity on down. Players are getting reps and DEVELOPING...period! That's what it takes to build a program. Kudos to Coach Sizemore and staff. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I believe we are slightly ahead of schedule on Sizemore's watch. Go Big Clay!