Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jamie McMurray wins second closest race EVER at Daytona Pepsi 400
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
McMurray gets a push from Carl Edwards at the last second to edge out Kyle Busch by 0.04, tied for the second closest win ever. Ricky Craven edged out Kurt Busch by 0.02 in Darlington in 2003, and Dale Earnhardt beat Ernie Irvin by 0.04 at Talledega in 1993. It was an excellent and fun race to watch from start to finish.
Pepsi 400 Top 10:
1. Jamie McMurray
2. Kyle Busch
3. Kurt Busch
4. Carl Edwards
5. Jeff Gordon
6. Greg Biffle
7. Clint Bowyer
8. Matt Kenseth
9. Kasey Kahne
10. Jimmie Freakin Johnson
Other notables; Denny Hamlin finished 43rd, Tony Stewart 38th, Dale Jr finished 36th, Bill Elliott 24th, Mark Martin 17th

Chase Race: Top 12
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Matt Kenseth
4. Jimmie Freakin Johnson
5. Jeff Burton
6. Carl Edwards
7. Tony Stewart
8. Kyle Busch
9. Kevin Harvick
10. Martin Truex Jr.
11. Clint Bowyer
12. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Fight for 12th;
Jamie McMurray -49
Ryan Newman -61
God boys, what was wrong with Hamlin, Stewart and Lil E. I didn't getta watch it, I was doin some racin of my own lastnight.
Hamlin and Stewart were running 1st and 2nd, and Hamlin checked up going into turn 4, then Stewart just ran over him, lol. Little E had an awful night all around. How'd you do last night?
Redneck Wrote:God boys, what was wrong with Hamlin, Stewart and Lil E. I didn't getta watch it, I was doin some racin of my own lastnight.
Hey Redneck, I am interested in knowing what you race and when and where? Me and TH32 will come to the track with your number painted on my chest...Well TH32 will shave your number in his chest, LMAO!!!!
Some new boy tore me up in the heat race, broke upper a-arm and tie-rod on the left front. One of my buddies I race against had both for spare and give em to me. We fixed it before the feature but the car wasn't the same. I know I need a bigger motor, but usually I hold my own. It just didn't have the get up and go lasnight for some reason. And to answer your question PLAYBOY, I drive dirt track at 201 Speedway every saturday night (except this comin week, my cousin is gettin married), I race in the bomber division, black monte carlo with royal blue and silver trim, #44.
Man that sounds so awesome! I have always wanted to do that! I bet that is a rush like no other! Probably better or as good as a Friday Night back in the day huh....
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Hamlin and Stewart were running 1st and 2nd, and Hamlin checked up going into turn 4, then Stewart just ran over him, lol. Little E had an awful night all around. How'd you do last night?
JR got caught in the wreck started by Stewart.
Redneck Wrote:Some new boy tore me up in the heat race, broke upper a-arm and tie-rod on the left front. One of my buddies I race against had both for spare and give em to me. We fixed it before the feature but the car wasn't the same. I know I need a bigger motor, but usually I hold my own. It just didn't have the get up and go lasnight for some reason. And to answer your question PLAYBOY, I drive dirt track at 201 Speedway every saturday night (except this comin week, my cousin is gettin married), I race in the bomber division, black monte carlo with royal blue and silver trim, #44.
I work with a guy that runs at 201 named Brandon Whitt do you know him?
i like Tony but Stewart is a ass sometimes.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Man that sounds so awesome! I have always wanted to do that! I bet that is a rush like no other! Probably better or as good as a Friday Night back in the day huh....

Oh man, you ain't kiddin. First time I pulled on the track and layed the throttle to it I bout creamed myself, lol. It's like runnin onto the field for the Apple Bowl or Region Championship, it's awesome.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I work with a guy that runs at 201 named Brandon Whitt do you know him?

I don't know of a Brandon Whitt, what class does he run in. I know a Gary Whitt that drives a 4 cylinder.
When my brother lived in Northern Ky, he said that chevette racing was VERY POPULAR because it was somewhat cheap and everyone loved watching them! Wish they would start that around here, a bunch of chevettes banging it out, lol!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:When my brother lived in Northern Ky, he said that chevette racing was VERY POPULAR because it was somewhat cheap and everyone loved watching them! Wish they would start that around here, a bunch of chevettes banging it out, lol!

They pretty much do, that's why they got the 4 cylinder class. Chevettes, old mustangs etc. They race em at Isom and 201 Speedways.
So they still race dirt track at Isom?
And if they do, do you ever come this way Redneck? If so, me and TH32 will definately be there! We will make a shirt, lol, jsut like I did at the Bristol race since I can't find any Mayfield apparel. Hey Redneck, go to my myspace and check out the shirt..It is
http://www.myspace.com/kileybeth
I aint came that way yet, don't plan on it either. Heard the hometown boys get a lil too rough and get away with everything. If I came that way it would just end in a fight.