Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jared Lorenzen - Fly high 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would argue Jared Lorenzen is the most famous Kentucky High school football player. Some other famous names are based on their location in the state.... but just about anybody that knows anything about Kentucky high school football or UK football knew Jared Lorenzen was #22 and played QB at Highlands.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-07-05-at-7.46.18-AM.jpg]
In 1998, when Highlands rolled in to "The Rock" @ Sheldon Clark.......

it was like Michael Jordan and the Bulls were gonna play a basketball game in Inez.
It was like Mike Tyson was gonna have a championship title fight from back in his heyday.
it was like the 1969 Woodstock had come Inez....
It was like WrestleMania III was going on.

J-Lo was an attraction because of his size, he was a UK commit, his Highlands team was incredible & because people wanted to see him play so they could say they got to watch him play in high school.

That had to be the largest attended sporting event in the history of Martin County.
As a college player... Jared Lorenzen was the reason most people started watching UK football or started to re-follow UK football.

[Image: GettyImages-2643190.0.jpg]
From winning a state football championship to winning a Super Bowl.... Jared pretty much did it all.

[Image: Jared+Lorenzen+Super+Bowl+XLII+1chWKTDpqEwl.jpg]
Here are a couple pics I found from the 1998 class 3A state semi-finals @ Sheldon Clark.
If I remember correctly. Sheldon Clark ran school buses on their normal routes to pick people up & to help the parking situation.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3857&d=1562883695]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3858&d=1562883695]
Jared was one of the first UK players that I ever met in person. A giant superstar on the field, but so humble in person. His size, arm strength, awareness and heart made him fascinating to watch play. He loved Kentucky and represented our program and state with pride. Still one my favorite all time players. His jersey is/was the only UK player that I ever purchased a jersey for. He is a Kentucky legend and I hope the UK retires 22. RIP big guy!.
RIP

Prayers to his family and friends. 🙏🏼🏈
🐐.
Great post, Pulp. Jared Lorenzen and Tim Couch were the King Kelly Coleman of Kentucky High school Football. To bad we have lost both Jared and King Kelly Coleman this year. Jared went way to young.
RIP Hefty Lefty lord what an arm he had on him.
A great player and even better person from everything I've read about him. Left this world way too soon. Should be a reminder for everyone to take care of themselves better. Jared started too late.