Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ranking the Coaches in the 15th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rank the best coaches in 15th region.

1. McKenzie- JC
2.Hicks - SV
3.Slone - Paintsville
4.Justice - Pikeville
5.Sanson - Phelps
6.B.Rose - P Burg
7.whitaker - Pike Central
8.James - Martin co.
9.Thompson- Belfry
10.Short - Betsy Layne
Wow. What kind of rubric were you using when you made this ranking? Can’t argue with your number one, but not sure how in the world you came up with the rest.
McKenzie
Justice
Slone
Short
Sanson
Hicks
Whitaker
Rose
James
Thompson
Quality coaches are disappearing from the 15th.
1. Tommy McKenzie
2. Elisha Justice
3. Jim Hicks
4. Landon Slone
5. Ryan Whitaker
6. Brent Rose
7. Jason Sanson
8. Brad Short
9. Mark Thompson
10. Scott Castle
11. Brody Justice
12. Jason James
13. Corey Hairston
14. Josh Hall

Alan Moore and Chandler Thompson- both first year coaches so I'm going to wait and see how they do this season.
As a reminder.... thread titles need to be specific.
For individual player development Justice is absolutely #1, the best I have seen in years around here. JC won the region last year so I can agree the #1 spot belongs to Coach McKenzie.
Which one of them make the most money coaching? I know Cal makes a couple mill. Are these coaches about as good as him?
Some recruit pretty well.
^ or have people that are associated with the school recruit for them...
You got it just the way it works.
1. Hicks- shelby valley
2. Justice-pikeville
3. Slone- paintsville
4. Brody justice- east ridge
5. Mckenize- johnson central
6. Sanson-phelps
7. James- martin county
8. Rose- prestonsburg
9. Whitaker-pike central
10. ???????
Tommy McKenzie.

If you’re not first, you’re last.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:1. Hicks- shelby valley
2. Justice-pikeville
3. Slone- paintsville
4. Brody justice- east ridge
5. Mckenize- johnson central
6. Sanson-phelps
7. James- martin county
8. Rose- prestonsburg
9. Whitaker-pike central
10. ???????

Don't see how you can put Hicks at #1. SV has had some success in the All-A in recent years, but has underachieved in the postseason. They've not won district since 2015, and have not played for the region championship since 2014. Despite some very talented teams, in 6 years at SV Hicks has yet to win a regional title.

I think you have to put McKenzie #1, with Elisha Justice #2. Hicks would probably slid in at #3.
Good assessment Cowbell. Even though you’re obviously a SV fan. I can appreciate when a fan has a realistic take and is not just a homer. I think you’re pretty spot on here
1. Tommy McKenzie

2-10. Everyone else.
Justice most definitely in the number one spot and then McKenzie. Justice has won the region championship two of the last three times and runner-up the third time that’s a pretty damn good job just saying.
1. McKenzie- JC
2.Justice - Pikeville

3.Hicks - SV

4.B.Rose - P Burg
5.Slone - Paintsville

6.Sanson - Phelps

7.Short - Betsy Layne

8.whitaker - Pike Central
9.James - Martin co.
10.Thompson- Belfry

4-6 quality coaches in the region, would like to see Sanson outside of Phelps to see what he can rally do, but anyone who can win anything over is solid.

Top 2 are very good, 3rd is burnout machine on his kids but knows the game and is solid, Slone could drop, but not rise much.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Justice most definitely in the number one spot and then McKenzie. Justice has won the region championship two of the last three times and runner-up the third time that’s a pretty damn good job just saying.

Justice has done a good job. But, he’s got a ways to go to catch McKenzie.

McKenzie in the past 13 years...

6 Region Titles
4 Runner-Ups.
Been in the finals the last 8 years.
BlackcatCoach Wrote:Justice has done a good job. But, he’s got a ways to go to catch McKenzie.

6 Region Titles
4 Runner-Ups.

The biggest thing here is past 13 years how many years total does he have under his belt...Justice has been at it going on his 4th year at pikeville...When it's all said and done he will be the winningest and most accomplished coach in the 15th history...
I’m taking Thompson as #1
Mamba Wrote:The biggest thing here is past 13 years how many years total does he have under his belt...Justice has been at it going on his 4th year at pikeville...When it's all said and done he will be the winningest and most accomplished coach in the 15th history...

He’s got 12 years under his belt. Not 13 my apologies.

Coached 12 years.
Coached in 10 Regional Championship Games.
6 Regional Titles and 4 Runner-Ups.

The thing about it, Justice may very well end up being just that, but it HAS TO BE DONE.

To be better than Tommy, he would have to make basically every Regional Finals in his first 12 seasons and/or win 7 titles.
BlackcatCoach Wrote:He’s got 12 years under his belt. Not 13 my apologies.

Coached 12 years.
Coached in 10 Regional Championship Games.
6 Regional Titles and 4 Runner-Ups.

The thing about it, Justice may very well end up being just that, but it HAS TO BE DONE.

To be better than Tommy, he would have to make basically every Regional Finals in his first 12 seasons and/or win 7 titles.

Hes got a pretty good start. 3 years completed so far 2 regional championships 1 runner up with a team that could definitely be there again this year. They have the 2 of the top 10 players this year and they're just sophomores.
Mamba Wrote:The biggest thing here is past 13 years how many years total does he have under his belt...Justice has been at it going on his 4th year at pikeville...When it's all said and done he will be the winningest and most accomplished coach in the 15th history...

Russell Williamson and Bill Mike Runyon have both accomplished a lot. It’d be amazing to see another 15th Region school do those things.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Russell Williamson and Bill Mike Runyon have both accomplished a lot. It’d be amazing to see another 15th Region school do those things.

**Awesome. Sorry everyone, I meant to type awesome instead of amazing and didn’t go back to edit.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:**Awesome. Sorry everyone, I meant to type awesome instead of amazing and didn’t go back to edit.

They have. Bill mike is top 10 all time wins in the stste if in not mistaken. Johnny martin was a great one also. I think McKenzie is tops right now but justice is right there neck and neck with him and I dont think I've seen someone so young get a start like he has coaching..he has the potential and ability to pass those legendary coaches if he stays consistently on the path hes created thus far
BlackcatCoach Wrote:Justice has done a good job. But, he’s got a ways to go to catch McKenzie.

6 Region Titles
4 Runner-Ups.

You got your opinion I got mine Justice is better but they are both doing great but the rest isn’t even the conversation.
OFFTHERECORD Wrote:I’m taking Thompson as #1

Confusednicker:
If you're going to talk about all-time coaches and their successes then you have to put Junior Newsome in there. 12 district championships. 2 region championships. An All-A state championship. And all this in different eras of players. I may have played against him but I had, and have, great respect for the man!!
daredevil4life Wrote:If you're going to talk about all-time coaches and their successes then you have to put Junior Newsome in there. 12 district championships. 2 region championships. An All-A state championship. And all this in different eras of players. I may have played against him but I had, and have, great respect for the man!!

It’s ranking the active coaches not all-time coaches
Pages: 1 2